The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

how many friends do you have

kjeldo · 28 · 2459

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
You don't get it do you?  The OLDEST computer you can do anything on would be the year 2000.  Maybe a year older if it was really expensive to begin with.  Go any older than that and the computer has less storage than a CD or flash drive and the thing can't even connect to the internet via anything but dialup.  Computers from 1990 are totally useless. -_-

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
...Was this topic about friends or computers? Sorry, just had to! /peal of laughter!
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Even if we strictly exclude online friends it is sometimes difficult to decide where to set the scale where friendly acquaintance ends and friendship begins. Can relatives be counted too if you spend a lot of time with them? Is it sufficient to frequently talk with people about all kinds of things to call them friends? What about friends of the past whom you haven't seen in ages?
I don't think I can claim to have the kind of unconditional friendship which is often pictured in stories but are rare to find in real live. If the "requirements" are lowered a bit I have a couple of friends (with some of whom I'll go to Scotland in a few days).

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will just count my friends in real life.

let me see.. im in a group of friends.. sort of..

Jasmijn, Fereshta, Bram are 3 real friends for sure. Still not sure about Wietse(as he is my exboyfriend, though he said, which I know was very hard for him, that I can always tell him if I have got a problem) I'm never really talking to Kahren but im sure she would be there for me if I need her.

So.. Let's say about 3 real, good friends. Sure I can call others friends too, but I can't call them real friends. In my past... I didn't really have friends.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Maybe I can answer this question now.

Honestly as far as real life friends go, one or two.

Online, a few here, on the LBT forum, one REALLY close friend on the LKP forum, one on WP I haven't spoken to in a while, and I have many aquantinces(sp?).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well since I recently moved, ALL of my old friends have been turned into online friends. :(

I have made one friend though.  I met her through a business transaction and she's pretty nice.  Don't know how close our friendship can get seeing the age difference (she's 42), but she's a nice person overall and I like her.

And when I say "I don't know how close our friendship can get", I mean that because of our different lifestyles.  She's settled down and running her own business and I'm just starting college.  I don't think I'll be going around doing things with her that I would do with other people that are around my age.  But we do share a connection.  I can't explain it.  It's like we've known each other our whole lives.  These are the types of friends that are worth having. :yes

Sableye

• Spike
    • View Profile
I define a friend as a person who you have a close relationship with. You're not afraid to talk to that person, and you can express your feelings to that person without being teased. They are like an acquaintance, but you value them more. Friends have many things in common, but also differences too.

IRL friends: Around 5
Online friends: I would say around 3-4