The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Laptop touch-pad mouse problem.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With the time I was on my Laptop, I had to tolerate through a little problem with the touch-pad mouse.  There are times it just clicked by itself.  Why this is happening, I am unsure.  However, it seems to only happen when I stop the movement of the cursor for a bit. (Only a few seconds most of the time.)

So I need to find a way to fix this problem, because it is seriously becoming a hassle. (Besides, with my cruise coming up, I need to get this working as it'll be the only computer I'll have access to, if at all.)

So, you got any suggestions to fix this problem?

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Probably an easy fix.  Go into the device manager and uninstall your laptop mouse.  Then restart your computer.

Sorry for the abrupt and non-friendly response.  I was very busy.  If you need more specific instructions, they are available upon request, but I'm pretty sure you can figure it out. ;)

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah, I've been having the same problem, I think.
It just clicks sometimes, and I don't notice it before my text is all screwed up (moved the cursor). Sometimes I wondered if it was me, who accidently touched the pad.
I'll try to do what you said aswell, Austin. Thanks.

Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Austin did what I would've said.  This should reinstall the driver and everything should be a-OK. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wasn't on when you gave the unfriendly one, LBTlover. :P:

Anyways, I tried what you said and it worked.  Thanks. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
The same thing happened to my main laptop a week or so ago.  I had to do this same thing.  Strange......

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry, late reply.
Yep, that solved the thing. Many thanks!  :^.^:
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.