The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Riddles

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The game is simple.

You make up a riddle of LBT and the first person to answer it correctly gets to do the next riddle.

Oh, and Please wait until confirmination before giving your riddle, even if it's an easy one to answer.

Okay, let's begin.

Here is the first riddle:

Me soar high in the air
Creature only be seen there
Friends say me have problem with talk
Yet me can fly better than they walk

-------------

So, what's the answer? :)

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The answer too your riddle is Petrie.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That is SO Petrie!  The bad grammer in itself was a dead giveaway. (The bad grammer I consider to be Petrie's personality.  So PLEASE, don't make fun of it in front of me, or you'll face the wrath of Cera.) :D

Your turn Dash. :)

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(No not really the flying and the bad grammer was the give away. If I remember correctly Mo had a bit of bad grammer himself}

I'm the oldest kid of the gang of five.
But, I've had Littlefoot too be by side.
I may be mean sometimes but I've got a big heart.
But, I've always been with the gang from the start.
Now I may seem mean and my dad might be rough.
I may seem nice but, I'm equally tough.

Who am I?

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I think that in order for this game to work well, we need to remember that many of us have fairly adept LBT knowledge.  The clues given in the first two riddles made the answers fairly obvious.  Players probably should choose more subtle clues in the future.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Thing is Cera is not the oldest....and she has not been with the Gang from the start...it took some convincing to get her to join.  Just those two lines would point to a different character - Ducky.

The last two indicate Cera.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, Cera did say she was the oldest in LBT 5.  Littlefoot even confirmed that.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In the original movie however Ducky is the first we see hatch (followed by Cera and Littlefoot). We don't see Petrie hatching at all, so even he might possibly be the oldest. Unless they counted the days from their hatchday it is actually impossible for any of the five to know exactly who of them is the oldest. We (and they) only know that Spike is the youngest. I suppose that those in charge of that LBT 5 quote simply didn't care as much as anyone here does.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Though when it comes to a riddle, it is the answer that is talking and Cera would say she is the oldest and she would say she was with the gang from the start, even though it is not true. :)

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, Cera was the answer. I know the riddle was a little off. Sorry!

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I guess that means Stitch gets to post the next one.  :)

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I already spoke to someone about the "turns issue" in these. I don't mean to cut in line, but it has been a few years, so I hope nobody minds me going next.

Well, viewers had to refer to me very formally, just like all the dinosaurs did. But eventually, viewers were able to speak about me in a more personal way. That's despite the fact that no other characters have chosen to do that as of now. I have a real sweet tooth, and I value times that are special to others. Although that's pretty hard to assume about me since I'm not the nicest dinosaur around.

Please excuse me. Did I encrypt this too much? This is a fairly known side character, but to understand my riddle, you'd literally have to watched some of The Land Before Time from beginning to end... Unless someone else simply told you about this or you just looked it up sometime. Ah well. Later!

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd say mister threehorn. Since he is called topsy in the later series.

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, excellent guess! This dinosaur was not available until later to be called something more personal and Mr. Threehorn- now Topsy- does match that. But I had another in mind.

This is my fault though. I tend to write sentence structures that are too old fashioned.
That's despite the fact that no other characters have chosen to do that as of now.
Yeah, that is way too outdated. Let me switch things around so it's clear.

"Not a single character has chosen to call me by my personal name yet."

So, this character definitely loves sweet food. This character also likes times that are special. So sorry about my writing style that is very rarely seen in everyday conversation. I'll work on that during trivia. Later!