The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Decided to go Watership Down on you guys

Petrie. · 56 · 6711

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Hate to admit it to a bunch of Land Before Time fans, but I'm just as big a Watership Down fan, and I've always wanted to run a WD board.  That time is now and from here on out, I feel its better I simply keep my online priorities straight, and choose one theme.  Therefore, the GOF will become my WD board because I don't have the time to go through and re-create a new board.  Plus what the heck...I've already got a memberbase and don't have to wait months to establish a new one.

So anyhoo...welcome to the warren people! :D :D :D :D

Adam

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
For those a little confused, I'll be able to explain more tomorrow night after work.  I had a busy day and am a bit tired, so I can't explain everything right now.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Says who?  Everyone knows (well at least some do) that I'm a big WD fan...even have a website on it.  Its just a nice coincidence.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is definitely April Fools, no question asked. ;)

At least it's not as harsh as *angrily stares at Action9000* Last Year's Prank!

Yes, I know you to be a fan of WD, Petrie, but I also know you wouldn't go through with something like this unless you discussed it with the other mods and they agreed on it as well.

I know things like this are a TEAM decision and not an individual one. :D

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Ha ha. :p Very funny, Adam. :p April Fools is thin, old and stale for me. :p I wore it out and beat it to death with a book 10 miles long of constant jokes that would last for months on end as a kid. I think I did that for two years.... :p

Though, I must say, there is something funny about a prank like this.. :p
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I don't know, it is very good for a change, and Watership Down is cool so I have no problems :DD .

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I hope this is an april fool's joke, cause this is pretty crushing for me.  With all this talk of there being no more new LBT movies it would be horrible to lose this last bit of the land before time.

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Mar 31 2009 on  06:49 PM
I hope this is an april fool's joke, cause this is pretty crushing for me.  With all this talk of there being no more new LBT movies it would be horrible to lose this last bit of the land before time.
Of course it's a prank, raga. ;) But the tradition of April Fools is to be a practical joker. Though I no longer directly participate in the festivities myself, if someone pranks me, I have no qualms. :p
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You guys come up with darnedst idea for April 1st don't ya? Unfortunately, it seems your last prank has made almost everyone wise to you. Might I suggest something a little more subtle next year?  :p

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Wow, I completely fell for this one! :blink:  Last year's prank was so cruel :( , but now that I get it this one's kind of funny!

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: raga,Mar 31 2009 on  09:49 PM
I KNOW this is an April Fools joke.  I just see an unhappy looking rabbit ambushing me each time I open this page.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
It's obviously a joke. Seeing as how where I live, it's only two more hours until April 1st. Besides, layout aside, everything is still the same. The name of the forum, the smilies, everything.  Pretty good though. I have to admit I half-believed it at first XD.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That one was prank in which "universal" "took over" the board, and threatened legal action against half the board.. People thought it was real...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Mar 31 2009 on  10:24 PM
That one was prank in which "universal" "took over" the board, and threatened legal action against half the board.. People thought it was real...
Just for the record, I didn't fall for it.  Universal proably has better things to than troll fansites.

The prank last year had something to do with text vanishing.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
And besides, the warren staring at me is just somewhat creepy.  This would turn away people more and we want to bring them in and keep them in.

If he wants it permanent, he'd best pick something else. :P:

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yea.. The general was the only thing I could remember from the movie when I saw the movie as a kid. *waves*

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
A Watership Down Forum?
Why not. xD

Though, I prefer a Disney Forum more. =P