The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Is The Mountain Sharptooth From LBT 8 Redclaw?

Hypno · 17 · 2735

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
i mean, when Mr. Thicknose pushed the log at the Mountain Sharptooth, it could have given it a scar, (like Redclaw's)

Mountain Sharptooth
Redclaw

Say what you think. I mean the color is similar. I think this Sharptooth is Redclaw.  :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
They certainly do look alike... Only problem - the sharptooth from the 8th movie doesn't have much significance to him/her. Meaning such a revelation would be kind of anticlimactic. :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
maybe the scar obtained from the fall or the log made him more intimidating, and Redclaw was made his name to many.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There actually was that theory on the LBT wiki that it might be.  

I wouldn't be surprised if Red Claw and the infamous Sharptooth were related somehow.  

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe Redclaw knew Sharptooth was killed by the gang of five. He may be Sharptooth's brother. Maybe he sends the sharpteeth from the movies to kill Littlefoot and his friends? For example, the plated Sharptooth seemed to have a mission: kill the gang of five, and anyone who stand in his way. Maybe Redclaw sent him to kill the gang of five or he dies? That's just a huge theory but I think it makes sense. The sharpteeth are allied together. What do you think?

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Bump.

Back on this theory...I thought about this for a while, and I found out that the Mountain Sharptooth may have actually survived...how? Let me tell you. In LBT 6, the Allosaurus falls into the ravine. He falls for about 9 SECONDS. Also, we all know he survives. Now, let's look at LBT 8. The Mountain Sharptooth falls off a cliff by slipping on a log thrown by Mr. Thicknose. He falls for about 3 seconds only. Which means he did not suffer nearly as bad of an injury as the Allosaurus. Now, we also need to think about how the Allosaurus was to survive because of the plot, etc. But this is what I think. What do YOU think?:idea

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Mar 17 2015 on  05:30 PM
They certainly do look alike... Only problem - the sharptooth from the 8th movie doesn't have much significance to him/her. Meaning such a revelation would be kind of anticlimactic. :)
That really doesn't mean anything. It could certainly happen, no matter what role the Sharptooth played in Movie 8.

Anyway, that does sound like a plausible theory. It could work.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
A fun fan theory, but I doubt the writers had any of that in mind. It's a mere coincidence that their colour is the same.

Also, the sharptooth in The Secret of Saurus Rock was an Albertosaurus.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Really? I did not think that this was an Albertosaurus.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
That's the way it's credited. Albertosaurus were very similar to T-Rexs. The only difference was size.

As for Allosaurus, it was smaller, much older, and it had strong arms with three fingers.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NewOrder,Mar 10 2016 on  08:14 PM
That's the way it's credited. Albertosaurus were very similar to T-Rexs. The only difference was size.

As for Allosaurus, it was smaller, much older, and it had strong arms with three fingers.
Actually, the Allosaurus was credited as an Allosaurus, not an Albertosaurus, as shown here. We also know that LBT Allosaurus were as large as Tyrannosaurus. The Mountain Sharptooth's classification was also changed on the wiki from Albertosaurus to Tyrannosaurus, since they have no distinct differences than other Tyrannosaurus. Just cause they aren't dark green and don't have red eyes does not mean they're Albertosaurus. This makes the probability of the Mountain Sharptooth being Red Claw a little higher.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
My words:

If they're the same person... then RedClaw did endless silly stupid actions looooooong before TV series started. XD

Oh, these stupid sharpteeth in sequels...
(Though swimming one in next movie had a huge potential...)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The sharpteeth in XIV got them back on track though...especially with the Carnotaurus!

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
And he had some permanent damage after the fall, giving him his scar from the log.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jun 25 2017 on  12:43 AM
The sharpteeth in XIV got them back on track though...especially with the Carnotaurus!
nope  :rolleyes:

though... well, veeeeeery partly. :/
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Jun 24 2017 on  07:17 PM
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jun 25 2017 on  12:43 AM
nope  :rolleyes:

though... well, veeeeeery partly. :/
Why not? I'm not breaking my horns off the rocks. No way! Plus the Horned Sharptooth has good senses, and is really fast and agile.