The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

It's official. I want a Pterano plush

Jrd89 · 27 · 4867

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, that's it. I can't hold back anymore. (remember me talking about Pterano plushes a couple weeks ago?) well, I want my own Pterano.

(But getting someone *I need someone here in the U.S.* to make one would be kinda hard.

I hope I won't be getting myself into a big hassling mess, here.

In case you want to know what it would look like:

I'd like my Pterano plush to be between 3-4 feet tall. but I don't want to go over 4 feet (including the crest)

As for the cost (this is what i'm afraid of the most) I doubt that anyone would make me a Pterano for free :(  

If I had to pay, i'd go no more than $30 absolute maximum.

The reason for the money fear is...:
(I'm trying to save up money to get a new car, as my 1995 Buick Riviera with 223,000 miles is on its last legs.)

Back to the Pterano plush..

the look on his face.: either eyes half-closed with a closed beak smile, or eyes fully open with a closed beak smile

the color: It's kinda hard to decide, because of his day/night colors. They're both great  Here's what I mean..

Pterano's day colors:  (you know... his usual orange) http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2009.../7b/Ptenaro.jpg

Pterano's night colors (I had to use one of "Ptyra's" drawings to show this:  
http://browse.deviantart.com/?qh=&section=...+night#/d2i05n4

Once again, I hope i'm not making a big mistake or getting into a bunch of trouble.

(I don't even know if i'd be able to get one made & mailed to me for free either)

What do you think I should do? (deviantart is based in the U.K., and that's what gives me doubts about that site)

I'm just looking for someone in the United States to make one. I'd feel more relaxed and comfortable about that.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Do you know the materials that you may want the person to use to make them?  Something that should be considered.  Also if you are in Europe would you prefer or mind a European member making one?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
One Google Search later, I have found a "Custom Plush" area for ya. :)

http://www.customplush.com/

Give them the information needed and THEY will make it FOR you.  You'll need to fill out some legal forms and pay a certain amount, (It does cost money to make these.) but other than that, it'll be all yours. :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's an update with some more information (I already told "Kor" this info)

Pokeplayer- I don't like that "Custom Plush.com" idea. I don't like filling out all those legal forms and that hassle.

My plan was, (maybe find a member who lives here in the U.S. that has the skill... or KNOWS someone *once again, in the United States*  who would have the skill at making a Pterano plush)

and then pay them by just mailing out a money order.  :yes  I like that plan better. It sounds more easier and smoother for me.

I live in the U.S. (In Michigan) , but i'm in progress of moving (along with my family) to Florida (By the time August is over, I should be in Florida.

I would really rather prefer someone here in my own country (the United States) to make my Pterano.

The material....  hmm.... well, I think Pterano would be stuffed with (i think it's cotton/polyester.

and the outer fabric..

well. I'll post a pic of a Petrie plush (for reference) to show you what the outer material would be made of

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51RQ...L500_AA300_.jpg

(I believe it's polyester fiber) but i'm not fully sure.

I don't want anything plastic  or vinyl

His eyes could either be sewn on or they could be plastic.

(I'd prefer plastic eyes)

Another good picture to refer to is the old beanie baby (from about 10 years ago)  It's name was "Swoop" the pterodactyl:

http://www.collectorscache.com/StoreModule.../160/566_lg.gif

That would be a GREAT reference material for the fabric for Pterano although my Pterano would have his arms & wings down at his sides  (not with the arms out and wings open. The toy would be way too wide & bulky with his wings out & open)

Like I mentioned earlier, I want Pterano to be made here in the United States.

I do not want to go international.

I want Pterano to be very soft & cuddly  ,

not really rock hard & plasticy-feeling  

His neck ring would be made from the same polyester fabric used on his skin.

BTW, in "Cold Fire", Pterano DOES have a tail, it's really small, but he does have one.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, it was only AFTER I posted that I discovered the little flaw.  Sorry! -_-

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
If you wish I could give you some links of decent pokemon plush makers on Deviantart, perhaps one of them is willing to make a land before time plush for you. But I doubt it's for free, indeed. Perhaps you can explain what you explained in this topic and find someone who wants to do it for max $30? :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I'm going to be blunt.  $30 is not a lot of money at all.  I pay more for that for a pizza (with tip).  You might be able to find one for around $30, but it's going to be an absolute piece of crap if you want it to be 3-4 feet tall.  I have this and it cost me around $36:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GUND-Land-Before-Time-...=item2eac150ff8

It's 16" tall.  If you want something of this quality that's 2 or 3 times taller, you're going to have to pay a MINIMUM $75 for it.  Trust me.  Just save up your money.  You'll be sorely disappointed if you buy a cheapo one just because it's big and within your price range.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I think Austin is right about that one. Also take the material costs into account (especially if that plush is to be so large as you describe it). Moreover I suppose Pterano (because of the wings) to be particularly difficult to make. I think with $ 30 you are extremely optimistic about the costs for what would probably take many hours to make.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Am I right that 3-4 feet is about 1 meter?

1 meter = 3.2808399 feet

Google Calculator is your friend. :yes

EDIT:  I thought a meter was exactly 3 feet until about 6 months ago.  We NEVER use meters here in the U.S.  The reason I thought this was because the "meter sticks" in school only go up to 36" which is exactly 3 feet.  I had no idea that "meter sticks" were actually shorter than a meter. :p  :rolleyes:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jun 30 2010 on  02:09 AM
I'm going to be blunt.  $30 is not a lot of money at all.  I pay more for that for a pizza (with tip).
More than $30 for a pizza? I don't spend that much on a pizza. Most of the pizzas my family pays for are between $10 and $25. I never heard of a pizza that was over $30 before.

But I do agree that, in this case, $30 isn't a lot of money and probably won't be enough to get a decent Pterano plush made. Personally, if I were you Jrd89, I'd take LBTLover's advice and save up the money. If you want a Pterano plush, you may have to be willing to spend more than $30.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah $30 for a pizza is a lot. Thanks for the calculation Austin! :)

Wasn't there a littlefoot plush from about 3-4 feet?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good luck on finding someone to make one.  Though the cost may be above $30 for one of that size for a custom made one.  

I remember back in my 8th grade science class the science teacher had a meter stick that was a real meter, and near the end she had wrapped a bright colored rubber band around it at the yard point so we could all see how much longer a meter was then a yard.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Well, i'm still kinda neutral on doing this.

For now, it's just gonna be a little thought to keep in my head.

If it's gonna be $75 or more.. then i'm not gonna do it. <_<

I can live without a Pterano plush and still be a gigantic fan.

(I still get happy when I draw him, and that still pleases me just as much)

A new car (looking for a silver 2006 Toyota Camry LE) sounds far far more fun and exciting. Besides, I NEED a new car.

(this is nothing against my love of Pterano at all) once again.... still love him just as much.. but spending $75 + on a plush toy of him is too much for me.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I'm sorry about that. :( I'm making a Pterano plush myself, done with the drawing, just need to get the supplies. :)

You do need to think of you priorities, but maybe when you are done with work, you can find a way to settle time for yourself to make it. :)

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Rat_Lady:  Enjoy you Pterano plush and I really hope yours comes out right.

Have fun with it (hug and cuddle with it.... you could sleep with it at night if you wanted to)

I'll try not to be too jealous... feel free to send me some pictures (that is, if you know how to send pictures... which I don't)

But enjoy your Pterano  :yes . give it lots of love & care. You sure will have a unique plush :wub

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Quote from: Rat_lady7,Jul 12 2010 on  11:08 AM
I'm making a Pterano plush myself, done with the drawing, just need to get the supplies. :)
Whoa! That's a pretty interesting project, Amy. :! Maybe it's something you could share in the Fanart and Fanfiction section (similar to how Mumbling sometimes shows the process by which she makes a clay model). I know I'd like to see the designs and the eventual finished product. :yes

As for you, Jared, I wouldn't give up on getting your own Pterano plush just yet, at least not until you've found out what it would cost for someone to make one for you. Have you had any luck finding someone who makes custom plushes yet? Maybe you wouldn't be able to afford a three-or-four-foot tall one, but I would think there's still a possibility that you could get a smaller plush (maybe around Beanie Baby size) for a price that wouldn't break the bank. :)

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Long-time update:

I got something I love much better than a Pterano plush.

With the release and success of "Pokemon Go",  I once saw a 1 foot tall aerodactyl plush, and I got it.

The plush aerodactyl feels very nice and soft, has soft wing membranes, and a long tail with a point at the tip. He looks very cool, too.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Congrats!
Trust me: It is muuuuch better than this idiotic selfish Pterano! >:D
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I hit Pterano is a bit more cooler than aerodactyl.