The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most heart-wrenching moment?

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
It is the same as in the movie (no mention of Littlefoot's mother during the reconciliation). I am currently not at the place where I have my LBT stuff, so I cannot quote the passage literally, but it is the story as we know it from the movie (also with regard to Littlefoot finding the Great Valley only AFTER the fight with the sharptooth).

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
i whole film made me cry and it an't easy to make me cry

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I just saw this today again...and....I feel so...refreshed...yet so sad. So the whole thing was frigging emotional...

I want to see NIMH and American Tail now...

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Listening to the score of this movie makes me sad. It was so wonderfully composed, a masterpiece.

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: Justin1993,Jun 22 2011 on  11:35 PM
Listening to the score of this movie makes me sad. It was so wonderfully composed, a masterpiece.
Heh, that's James Horner for ya. Just like with Titanic, he always knows how to get to us. One thing I find funny about the score, is the entire sounctrack is basically based around about 6 diferent melodies, all played together in different ways.

AS for me, things have changed. When I first watched this again (a few months ago), I would have said the Death scene. But since then, I find it less and less saddening..at least, I don't burst into tears as I watch it. Now, that honour is reserved for the ending. Just the combination of the visuals, the flashback, the score. It's all brilliant. It's a classic case of earning your happy ending, after having watched Littlefoot going through so much crap in such a bleak landscape.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Allicloud,Jun 23 2011 on  01:49 AM
Quote from: Justin1993,Jun 22 2011 on  11:35 PM
Heh, that's James Horner for ya. Just like with Titanic, he always knows how to get to us. One thing I find funny about the score, is the entire sounctrack is basically based around about 6 diferent melodies, all played together in different ways.

AS for me, things have changed. When I first watched this again (a few months ago), I would have said the Death scene. But since then, I find it less and less saddening..at least, I don't burst into tears as I watch it. Now, that honour is reserved for the ending. Just the combination of the visuals, the flashback, the score. It's all brilliant. It's a classic case of earning your happy ending, after having watched Littlefoot going through so much crap in such a bleak landscape.
The ending always does get me. More then any scenes of the rest of the film. That feeling that wells up inside me at seeing the darkness fade away and then the music plays and Littlefoot says "The Great Valley." I just lose it. It's just such an overwhelmingly happy ending. :')

PanickyPetrie14

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dozyslumbers
The whole movie is just so emotional... Almost made me cry.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
the ending where they flashed back and when Diana Ross's song came on made me cry a lot.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
the most heartwrenching moment should have been the scene of the death of littlefoot's mom, 'sniffle'
But the one petrie85 mentioned was 'good' heartwrenching to me. y'know llooking back at the good moments of the adventure, the bad moments, and the tense moments. :p

Allicloud

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/femoman
Quote from: kjeldo,Jun 25 2011 on  06:42 AM
the most heartwrenching moment should have been the scene of the death of littlefoot's mom, 'sniffle'
But the one petrie85 mentioned was 'good' heartwrenching to me. y'know llooking back at the good moments of the adventure, the bad moments, and the tense moments. :p
Yeah. In Bluth's films, there are basically 2 types of tearjerker moments: Depressing downers, and crowning moments of heartwarming (CMOH). I actually find that CMOHs are more tearjerking to me than Downers. They just hit home harder.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah Bluth make's a lot of Dark Animated Drama's. Witch is good. Kids need that in there life's. And yeah If We Hold On Together is a very sad song.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
You can not just have one  of the 'most heart wrenching moments' as a choice.  Personally for me the 'heart wrenching moments' are when Littlefoot loses his mother; which is fairly obvious and when he sees her shadow and thinks that she's still alive.  Although really the whole movie is quite sad and perhaps then gives the usual messages of hope and what not, that are so sentimental that it gets across to people.

DollFace

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I don't pick. I say the part where he thought his shaddow was his mother and the scene where he was depressed and someone tried to offer him a cherry. mother dying and him crying over it, and the end credits.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I thought the whole movie was pretty sad. But the death of his mom was very sad still.

Bruton the Iguanodon

A heavy rain started to fall, washing the tar off Littlefoot and the others.

Whatzup w/ that...I thought they were in a cave...plus it wasn't raining

Bruton the Iguanodon

According to one audio play of the land before time which I have Petrie managed to flap to the rocky wall and then climb up. From his looks in the movie it seems more likely that Sharptooth's bite slackened after Petrie was pulled bellow the water surface (Sharptooth probably lost conscience or simply died quickly). So Petrie could wrench free and then climb up the wall (flying was still a new experience for him and was probably difficult with soaked wings).

Well that's cool that you found an official source telling how Petrie escaped!  :)

Perhaps it was a plan for an actual scene? Of course that would ruin the Indiana Jones escapeness of it.  :smile

Dr. Curzon

• Spike
    • View Profile
I chose the whole movie. It's just really sweet, the whole thing.  :cry

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
There are many moments that were sad, but I voted for the scenes where Littlefoot was crying over his mother's death.  Especially the scene with Rooter. :cry
When I was a kid I could make it through the Sharptooth attack and when his mother actually dies, but I completely lost it when Littlefoot started to cry! :crazy As a matter of fact, I still can't make it through that part without getting misty-eyed.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Well this is a tricky one... It was mainly the music that got me fighting back the tears as a kid. But then again the music accompanied by the scenes such as the death of Littlefoot's mum, the scene with Rooter, the little flyer offering him a cherry, and the when Littlefoot is crying into a foot print. Make it even more hard to stop the flow of tears...
So I'm not quite sure what to vote for here....

CeraTheRed

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I wasn't sure what to vote for, but in the end, I voted for Littlefoot's mother, simply because I've only recently managed to get to the point that I can even watch the dang movie for that scene. Seriously, I'd find it online, and avoid it for that. But, I think I'm good now...though, I still can't look very much...