The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Music from The Land Before Time series

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Music from The Land Before Time series

The completely revised project has been uploaded! Check it out here!
(topic title: "The Land Before Time Sequels Music Collection" in the General subsection)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 12:29:09 PM by Ludichris1 »

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
OH I thank you very much for posting these.
I must say I don't remember there been a modernized version of the 1st movie credit music in the 7th film...Or is that fan made?

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah there are actually two credits songs (I think....)
:)

Now I don't know anymore xD

Btw, I did a new version of The Land Before Time VII - End Credits (Pt. 1)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ludichris1,Aug 10 2014 on  12:33 PM
Yeah there are actually two credits songs (I think....)
:)

Really.. I guess the VHS copy of the 7th filmI had as a kid  didn't have that part as I just remember it been the backing track to beyond the mysterious beyond.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's really great! However, I'm not sure whether you are allowed to share it here... I reckon Universal Studios won't approve of it...  :unsure:
Inactive, probably forever.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Aug 10 2014 on  11:59 AM
That's really great! However, I'm not sure whether you are allowed to share it here... I reckon Universal Studios won't approve of it... :unsure:
Universal Studios seems to have pretty much dismissed The Land Before Time series, especially since the closing of their cartoon studio. Besides, half of the music in  the folders are remakes or fan dubs, while almost every other is a personal audio CLIP recording of songs that have never been officially released (I don't think VHS sing-alongs count lol).

Also, the GoF board approves of it, There's been another music thread (outdated, links don't work) in this same subforum for over two years and GoF hasn't gotten any complaints from Universal. I don't think they'd start now, or really mind as like I said almost all the music has not been officially released. The only one that might be taken down in the future are 7 tracks in the LBT 1 folder. Hmm those might have to be discussed actually

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Let's hope you're right :) I'd love to see this remain on this site for a few more years actually :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you so much. It doesn't work with my computer since I don't have the right apps, but that's my problem, not the world's.

It's finally here. Thank you soooooo much!  :smile

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I think all you might need is Shockwave Flash for the use of Dropbox. And no prob lol  :DD

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I love how the Land Before Time songs are available to download as mp3 files. I've already downloaded a few songs from the movies. I'm planning on downloading more since I like a lot of the songs.

:)  :p  :D

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Ludichris1: Please remove the original soundtrack by James Horner.  This is regularly available as a download from amazon.com as mp3 files.  Additionally, I just discovered the Songs from the Land Before Time on itunes, therefore, these are also commercially available.  You are welcome to link to songs that are not commercially available, but these are.  

http://www.amazon.com/Before-Original-Moti...and+before+time

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/songs-fro...ime/id785834455

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/land-befo...nal/id592498183

Thanks.

PS - are you using vhs tapes for recording these?  I hear all sorts of noise in the tracks, and it sounds like they're running fast.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I understand the motion picture one and I'll get right on that
But I don't understand the Songs from the Land Before Time one  :unsure:

I went to the link and previewed some of the songs and the quality and even the recording sessions themselves are like waaay off and different o-O. You sure about those? I mean if you compare them....
I await your reply

By the way, the third link is broken

Also, the songs are recorded straight from the DVD movies, so the noise is whatever noses are in the actual films during those songs

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I don't have itunes to check the files out myself.  If there's differences in the songs, it could be because they're album versions.  Sometimes album versions differ from what is heard in the film.  Think movie soundtracks....sometimes the CDs have album presentations and they sound different from what you see exactly on film.  A lot of John Williams albums are like this.

You might want to add an addendum to the files to say "film version" to differentiate between what you have and what can be found on itunes.  This would have to be done with the songs from movies 2-4, but everything else can stay as is.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
OK

Ha I totally get the album recording thing. Remember how the Lion King orchestra tracks were incomplete for like... decades Or that the songs were quite different from what's played in the movie

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
I must say I like your cover of if we hold on together. It took me a while to click with it as I've never heard it sung by men before. But I like it. And I like the music box version of it too.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Is there a link or something that should be in your first post, Ludichris? You talk about having content posted up but I don't see a way to access anything.

Just asking for clarification. :)

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well I mentioned the due date (most hopefully if finals be gracious) is the end of April. I'm working on it still so there is no link yet. The whole project is a huge revision and addition to my original posting. The post shows when it has last been edited

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
LBT 14 score now available! See initial posting's link.