The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Stage 1 of functional game: Tutorial Area

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Interesting ideas!

I do want to point out something though:

Chomper will *not* be in the Great Valley and therefore won't be around to teach the basic skills.  Players will meet up with him much later on his island.

At least that was the original plan I had in mind.  Another plan which could also work is:

To hide Chomper in one of the Great Valley's caves, where players who find him get his information, training and adventures.

Either way, Chomper won't be available to teach basic skills.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: action9000,Aug 19 2009 on  09:35 PM
Chomper will *not* be in the Great Valley and therefore won't be around to teach the basic skills.  Players will meet up with him much later on his island.
Oh... Than what about Ruby? :huh:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not sure what she could teach, if she is in the Great Valley.  She may be outside the great valley.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Oh... Than what about Ruby?
Again, I have two ideas for this:

If we leave Chomper on his island, then Ruby could also be living at her home.

If we leave Chomper in a cave in the Great valley, Ruby could be there with him.

The second idea probably makes more sense, but the first idea I think makes for more potential when it comes to exploring....so I'm torn.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Either could fit.  Or combining them, to get Chomper off the island and to a secret cave in the Great Valley.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'm in favor of the "more exploring" variant.

Perhaps a quest would be to bring Chomper from the Island to the Secret Caves. That in turn would grant you access to more (and more difficult) quests and possibly new areas to explore.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Alex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I think Chomper being on his island would be the better choice. Having to go find to the island could be an adventure. Plus, I think it would be cool to adventure out to the island. :p