The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Special new fic idea

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have come up with a new fic idea.

I was checking out the LBT fics and I ran into a fake documentary fanfic.

So, being greatly inspired by this, I have decided to do a documentary-like fanfic on Judith Barsi.

I'm busy gathering as much info as I can on her to do the fic well.

Now, since this is my first time doing a documentary-like fanfic, I would like all the tips nessacary.

All help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Oh, and on a side note, I'm planning on abandoning my other LBT fic.  I'm just not having much intrest in writing it.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
A documentary like fanfiction on Judith Barsi?
What exactly do you mean? Writing the story of Judith Barsi's life?
There are several fanfictions based more or less directly on Judith Barsi. Roger wrote one once, didn't you Roger?
There are also LBT stories at fanfiction.net which shall give credit to Judith Barsi and her tragic fate.
I suppose the topic must be approached with great care. And I mean GREAT care.

There is one story at fanfiction.net in which Cera is mad at Ducky for her being the only one with two parents left. Ducky's abusive father is ultimately killed which seems to satisfy Cera... etc. etc.
I don't think that particular story was a very sensitive approach to the topic.

What kind of information is it that you are looking for for your story?

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
^ Aye skipper.  ;)  I do have one.  If poke wants it, I'll email it to him.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Feb 7 2006 on  12:29 PM
A documentary like fanfiction on Judith Barsi?
What exactly do you mean? Writing the story of Judith Barsi's life?

Yes!

However, at the same time, it is of my own free imagination.

Basically, I want to get as much info on what movies she played a role in and for what charcter.

I've already got the ending figured out. (I usually don't have it when I start it.) :rolleyes:

The first scene is planned to have Judith Barsi being discovered.  I recall that she was found at a skating rink of some kind.  How this all played out that led into her getting her first role as an actor, will be of my own free imagination.

So basically, the background story is all fact, while what they say at many parts is complete fiction. (I hope to stick to her charcter as much as possible.) :p

Each chapter shall consist of one year in her life. (Except for when I feel it would be wise to split the year into two parts.)

I would not've been surprised by the fact that a story like this has been done before.

Also, I would really like to see your story, Roger.

Just send it to pokeplayer984@hotmail.com.

I also need whatever tips possible needed to make this a good fic.

And don't forget, I WILL put in those abusive scenes as they are important, and I WILL make them descriptive, regardless.

Oh, and I need help coming up with a good title.  Until I come up with that, I usually don't start a story. :P:

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Sent.  I have no idea if its accurate seeing its something I did about five years ago and accuracy wasn't something I was so frantic about when writing things.  :P:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I checked out your story.

Rather sad. :( :cry :cry2

I can not describe the sadness I feel now.  Maybe that's a good thing, I'm not sure. :)

Anyways, I believe that countless others flamed you for creating a story with no names. (You'd be surprised what I get flamed for, and it was just basic ways to make the story feel real.) However, I feel that it's better not to have any names.  You gave good reason, and I respect that. :^.^:

I believe this will help me at several parts for my story.

I hope to create this upcoming story well enough.

Speaking of which, I STILL haven't come up with a title yet.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks in advance. :wave

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Indeed sad....that was the point...to pull the reader's heartstrings.  Looks like I succeeded once again.

It's not meant to be a happy-go-lucky story.  There was nothing pleasant about Barsi's murder so I wrote the story in blunt coldness as so.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As for her death and the abuses of her father there are countless articles. Some of them include rather graphic descriptions.
But that's not what you are looking for, is it? There are many articles about the life of Judith Barsi as well, yet many are of course strongly tinged by the authors' personal affection about her horrible fate.
I confess I wouldn't feel up to writing such a story. I don't expect I could. Perhaps about someone I knew in persona. It is certainly a very difficult topic to deal with.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I figured out the title for my story.

Title: The Concrete Angel

I got it from the website that has her name on it.

Anyways, for the first part, I'm working on where she was discovered.  Which San Fernado Skating Rink was she discovered at?  I found three different ones in that area.  Which one was it?

Until I figure this out, I really can't continue this story.

Please help with that.

Well, I've gotta go.

Have to work today.

See ya later. :wave