The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does 4 or 5 have more nostalgia?

Ruby2 · 32 · 4120

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
5 for me. I can still remember freaking out when I saw LBT5 in Walmart with a cardboard cutout of Chomper. I was so happy that Chomper was in it.

I was never really a big Ali fan and Dil & Ichy I find are extremely annoying. It's kinda a shame because I like the story but they kinda ruin the movie for me.

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i'm on the Mysterious Island boat, i absolutely adored it as a kid so by definition it is the most nostalgic to me. It just had this huge sense of action and adventure imo, and i kinda feel like that whole mood is set right from when they stumble across that skeleton, it's a really subtle touch but it makes me think of the original film a lot.

I wouldn't be able to disown any of the other sequels though, even the weaker ones.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't know exactly which one I liked more in my childhood days but LBT 4 is a clear winner there because... Ali :p
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would say that the fourth film had a bit more nostalgia in my mind, though admittedly my main experience in seeing the sequels was when my nephew watched them when he was young.  The inclusion of Ali was a memorable innovation in the films which unfortunately was not elaborated upon as I had hoped back then.  Well... that is until that infamous television series episode...

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Quote from: Sovereign,Aug 26 2017 on  04:12 PM
To be honest, I didn't find the climax fight interesting at all but the film had already made its point.
You didn't like it? Why? We saw BLOOD :D
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You didn't like it? Why? We saw BLOOD biggrin.gif

It was decent for a sharptooth fight but it contributed little to the overall emotional side of the film except as a way to explain why Chomper's parents suddenly accept the Gang's presence. I felt like the sequence was a bit too long and the new sharptooth didn't offer enough suspense or threat to justify the scene's length. The fight was better than many other sharptooth sequences in other films but there are more interesting ways to offer the last bit of drama in a LBT sequel like in 4, 7 and 10. :p

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
While I do still hold that LBT V has more nostalgia due to chomper and famine problem that was in the Original LBT, LBT IV has Grand Pa almost dying which harkens to Little Foot's Mother. However, Grand Pa *SPOILERS" dies. So LBT IV loses some of its nostalgia because of ending.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Coyote_A,Apr 21 2017 on  06:36 PM
I really prefer LBT5 over the fourth movie, probably because of two reasons: first I've seen them in reversed order and second - I absolutely adore Chomper. :)
Haha, I saw 5 first too.

VintageRainbow

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Tough decision since they were both my favorites. Maybe the fifth since it had the beach and the beach is one of my favorites places. And the quotes were pretty memorable  :D

bestariana1girl

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I truly loved 4, but I’d have to say I have more nostalgia with 5. When I was little, it was always my favorite to watch. The gang made a journey through so much water, to find an unknown island where they’d meet Chomper again! I think there is something cool about traveling through water, especially with all the unknown prehistoric sea creatures underneath, which “Big Water,” captured as the gang was scared. 5 was honestly my favorite as a kid.
8 years with TGOF :yum

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
5 has for me the more nostalgia. "The Big Water", "Always There" and "Friends for Dinner" Are one of my favourite songs and I'll never forget them. That's the reason why I think that 5 has more nostalgia. I like the plot of 4 too, but in my opinion the songs in part 4 aren't as good as in part 5.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
For me it's the forth movie. I just love Ali and the whole adventure is just amazing. :)
Inactive, probably forever.