The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkHououmon's Artwork

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
So I finally got around to doing this. I forget if I had another thread where I posted various artwork, so I decided to make a new one. I'll be posting artwork in this thread instead of creating a new one for each image. I'll start off with these couple of images:

https://i.imgur.com/4N3CCvZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/YbVSpTr.png

https://i.imgur.com/KrWR9sp.png

Some pretty old concept art for some of my alimon characters.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Very nice DH! Your art is always so smooth :) I especially like the smug green one on top. What happened to his paw?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I agree with Mumbling, these are pretty amazing. I like the different designs and patterns presented with each alimon. Great work! :DD

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I can only second what others have already said, they are incredible! :)littlefoot

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments. I don't know why I took so long to get back to this. :P

I'm attempting Inktober this year. Here's the first prompt, Rings.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/369484390440370176/628725693135585320/IMG_20191001_184716987.jpg

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think I commented on this yet on the Discord server, so better take care of it now, eh? I quite like this drawing, DH! The amount of detail on it shows very well that you must have spent a considerable amount of time on it, am I correct? I always appreciate people who take their time to make something this magnificent. And even if it appears to be made with pencils or such, it doesn't downgrade the overall quality in the least. I am most curious, what does this drawing represent? It is something I have never seen before, so naturally one is interested. Awesome drawing once again. Thank you for sharing it with us not only on the Discord server, but here as well.  :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
@DarkHououmon: I don't have much to add beyond what everyone else has already said, but I agree, great job. Looks like you may have missed Mumbling's question above. I too am curious, what happened to the green alimon's paw?

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can only second what Anagnos and StardustSoldier have said already. The drawing that you made with pencil was shaded in with such beauty and precision, so great job on that. If there’s one minor critique I may want to add to this, it’s the gems that surround the Rings character. The lines could probably be straighter and the opposite sides should mirror each other better as to avoid the overall crooked appearance it has when I’m looking at it. But overall, excellent work once again! :D

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
@StardustSoldier I'm thinking that it's an injury of some kind, but I haven't thought of what yet.

@Anagnos
@ImpracticalDino I forgot to mention that the theme I'm going for is mythological creatures. The bird in the first picture is a stymphalian bird, a mythological bird with a bronze beak and metallic feathers that it shot at its prey.

So no, ImpracticalDino, those aren't gems surrounding the bird. It's deadly sharp feathers.  :p But I should've tried to make that more clear, sorry about that.

Now onto the second prompt, Mindless: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/369484390440370176/629132197047304202/IMG_20191002_214741335.jpg

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This next one definitely is a bit more discernible compared to the preceding drawing and once more I must confess that your level of drawing is very neat and distinguishable from the others works. I can clearly see why so many people like them as they present nothing less than the finest examples an artist can provide. And even if this one is done with pencils as well, it still doesn't demote the picture's prowess in any way I can see. I quite like the facial expression in this one, as it gives a very clear message that the creature, or rather the assumed assailant in this point is about to commit something heinous judging by their specific expression. I certainly wouldn't want to meet this creature alone at night - that's a sure way for disaster to occur. Nevertheless, a fine drawing from you, DH! I'll be sure to be just as excited for future works from you! :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Once again, this was another fantastic art piece that you created, and I always enjoy when people can make drawings out of pencil and still make it on par with digital creations or even better. I have no critiques to give for this specific drawing, so awesome job DarkHououmon!
:cerahappy

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I'd say you have outdone yourself with this one, DH. These Inktober drawings sure are very intriguing to see as I had no prior knowledge about the whole thing until it was brought up on the Discord server. I'm sure in my decision when I say that this drawing is pretty much on the same level as the other two, albeit here the quality is better defined, in my opinion. I have no critique to offer here and it would be kind of pointless for me to say the same things all over again, as that's the best way I can describe this drawing in words. Will be looking forward for more. ;)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I do like the reversal of viewer's expectations with this drawing. While a fisherman would normally use bait to draw in larger fish, it appears a bigger fry considers him the bait this time.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
While this one is somewhat mediocre this time and since I have no clue what this might be, I'm going to refrain from making long statements about it to save time and say that it is quite a lovely picture overall. Even though I feel like it could have been a bit better with some color added into it, but I understand if that's the general idea.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
...mediocre?

... I'm doing grayscale with this challenge.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
No need to take it personally... that's just my honest opinion.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2019, 02:39:25 PM by Anagnos »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The bait drawing is wonderful! I do agree with OwlsCantRead about the dramatic and situational irony in the drawing. I felt like the very dark shading of pencil for this picture really emphasizes how ignorant the man is, relaxing on the boat with no care in the world. Nice details on the predator by the way. :)

As for the freeze prompt, while I don’t necessarily agree with Anagnos’ opinion of mediocrity, I do admit that the drawing you have shown is different from the others so far. It is much more flat and static than the others, as well as less pencil shading, although the latter is not really a critique. Objectively, it still a wonderful creation of art, but when compared to your other drawings, I can understand why Anagnos may feel that way.