The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Species stay the same

LBT90321 · 87 · 11962

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this should be a general discussion thread, for when rps get ideas, have questions, or just want to comment out of character, or OOC. you keep OOC stuff out of the rp, because it slows the rp down otherwisde. further. you should only pick 1-2 characters, sio that each rper has a shot to play as a character they like.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well if others are rping, they may want genders to switch. a rp requires that other people have imput, it cant just all be coming from one person. you may want things one way, but othes maay disagree.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well, i was thinking we wait a few days before starting
 you need to get interest in a story first, before starting it. normally you want 4-5 rpers involved in a story. the more posters, the more likely stuff will go on in the rp.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 14 2017 on  11:47 PM
well, i was thinking we wait a few days before starting
 you need to get interest in a story first, before starting it. normally you want 4-5 rpers involved in a story. the more posters, the more likely stuff will go on in the rp.
I know but let's just start it out a little

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well, no. you don';t start until you have enough players to pull it off. while you can do a rp with just 2 people, it requires both people to be very active. and folks do have lives outside of the GOF.
 also, as an aside/ you should post a welcome thread in the Welcome center introducing yourself, since you are new here. name, where you are from, how old you are, interests, and so on. why you joined GOF, etc.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Okay I'll wait for more players and I think I'll just do littlefoot and let someone else be Petrie.
I'll wait for the rest of the night or tommorow for other members to do this roleplay

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
thats fine. just dont post unless someone responds.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: LBT90321,Jan 15 2017 on  12:42 AM
No they will keep their genders thats how I think of the roleplay
As Nick22 said earlier, you need to be flexible and willing to listen to others' ideas and input, and be willing to adjust. You do not have 100% control over the roleplay. It's a group effort. The starter of the roleplay does get the initial concept down, but they do not maintain absolute control as other members will put in their ideas and the original idea can be bent and molded in new directions.

If you insist on keeping the roleplay how you see it and not let anyone else bring in new ideas and mold the story in unexpected ways, then it would get a little boring. It would become less of a group effort and more just...writing out what you want and going on this strict predetermined path.

My suggestion would be what Nick22 said earlier. Allow for flexibility. Just because you see the roleplay going one way doesn't mean that others can't bring in new ideas and can't mold it themselves. The point of a roleplay is that everyone contributes. This makes a roleplay exciting; you never know the exact direction it will go.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
I will accept others ideas. Just make sure what idea they say will fit in with the characters changing into different species. Any ideas they have i will accept it.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Im going to bed. Will resume discussing at 9:30 AM. Goodnight

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 14 2017 on  11:38 PM
well, no. the changes cant just be one-offs. theres no conflict if they change into them once, and never again afterwards. rps require that  things stay interesting as well. if they kids only change once, then they forget that it ever happened after awhile. that week has to be memorable.  perhaps each charactes likes a different form. saypetrie likes being a long neck, while Spike likes being a threehorn.
No they will remember it

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Jan 14 2017 on  11:38 PM
well, no. the changes cant just be one-offs. theres no conflict if they change into them once, and never again afterwards. rps require that  things stay interesting as well. if they kids only change once, then they forget that it ever happened after awhile. that week has to be memorable.  perhaps each charactes likes a different form. saypetrie likes being a long neck, while Spike likes being a threehorn.
Petrie may like being a longneck because other than ducky he is the smallest of all 7

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
All right lets start discussing how WE are going to do this roleplay

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
I will be littlefoot
I'll wait for others to come

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
To not confuse members, the gang of 7 will turn into the same type of species as they are

1st week-longnecks (Apatosaurus)
2nd week-threehorns (Triceratops)
3rd week-swimmers (Saurolophus)
4th week-flyers (Pteradactyle)
5th week-spiketails (Stegosaurus)
6th week-fast runners (Oviraptor)
7th and final week-Sharpteeth (Tyranosaurus Rex)

and they will be the kid sizes and also will remember everything from this

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
You've made 8 posts in a row in this topic. Please refrain from constantly posting. This is spammy behavior and isn't looked well upon by others.

If you really need to add additional information, just edit your posts instead. There's a button you can click that will let you modify it. If you feel that there's additional information to be added to what you said, just use that.