The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Your usernames

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Just like the title says, what are the meanings of your username here? Mine, simple: I love weather.  :D  :p

It's a huge obsession, from storms to all kinds of stuff.

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I got mine from Grim Fandango. I've never actually played the game, but I encountered a model of him as an actor in 3D Movie Maker.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Does mine really need an explanation?  :lol:  Even "Adam" is pretty obvious.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I got mine several years ago, when only season 1 of Digimon was out. Yeah I was a huge Digimon fan back then. I still like it, but not as much. Anyway, Hououmon was the japanese name of Phoenixmon. I liked Hououmon's design, and created an evil version, DarkHououmon, for an old story I was writing. I adopted the villain's name as my username. DarkHououmon translates as "dark phoenix monster".

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I figured it had something to do with Digimon. :^.^:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, Mine obviously means that I looooooooooooooooooooooooove the land before time with every part of my body!!! :P:

Keni

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/~sorawtk
Mine is actually the nickname of a character of mine called Ken'ichi. I'm called Keni a lot on MSN so I adopted the name as my username on this board.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Here's a copy/paste from my 2nd post ever on the GoF which should answer the question  :lol:

I suppose I owe you an explanation

I first came up with the name "Action Man" as a little kid, perhaps 6 or 7; who was sort of a sci-fi superhero with tons of money and awesome technology, who flew around space, participating in races, fighting evil, all that good stuff

Anywho, I eventually had to give his vehicles names, and I ended up using 9 as the model numbers, with the 9000 being the newest model.

When I was about 12, I discovered that Hasbro toys had recently created a character with the same name, Action Man
http://www.actionman.com/

and that really made me mad, since I used to use "Action Man" or simply "Action" as my screen name, and people were Constantly bugging me about my reference to the stupid (in my biased opinion. If anyone here is an AM fan, I mean no offense, just stating how I felt) toy. I attempted to convince people that I came up with the name well before Hasbro ever used it, but, of course are dumb

Anywho, I decided to apply the old model number into my screen name, to cover up the "Action Man", where my new name is derived from. Hence, Action9000 was born.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
My username is out of the film surface. It¥s a reptil which calls so

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Well, I got my nickname while I was planning a LBT comic (I promised it right?).

But in other forums/communitys my name is Hakuya/Hakunaro (you noticed at my deviantart account =D)
I made up that name when I was 14 with my friends called "Gang of Manga" xDD lol
Yes, we like Anime & Manga very much.  :lol

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deviantart.com
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 30 2007 on  08:33 PM
Well, Mine obviously means that I looooooooooooooooooooooooove the land before time with every part of my body!!! :P:
EVERY part? Eww....OH GOD LITTLEFOOT! THAT DOES NOT GO THERE! D:

(Sorry....I..I couldn't help myself)

Anyways....

I got my name from the species Achillobator. One reason I chose this name is because Achillobator is pretty much on of the largest "raptor" dinosaurs. Ever since Megaraptor stopped being a raptor, I was on the search for a replacement :p (I eventually chose Utahraptor, with Achillobator as runner up)

The second reason was because what the name means!

Achillo = Achilles (One of the greatest warriors of all time!)
Bator = Hero (Who doesn't want to be a hero? :p)

So yeah...that's my reason. Because it makes me sound like some kind of Warrior Raptor.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Aaaaand we're done! :p

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Achillobator,Aug 31 2007 on  02:38 AM
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 30 2007 on  08:33 PM

That made me laugh.  :lol:  :lol:  We all have corrupted minds if we're thinking in those terms.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

OMG!  That was so nasty yet so funny! :x  :lol:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I am Malte in real live. It is my actual name. There are a few nicknames I could come up with, but in spite of the fact that I'm busy almost every moment of my life it still is not too bad to be Malte. I don't long to be anyone else, so why should I take a different name? :P:
Malte is not a frequent name over here (not the kind you will usually find in shops where they sell "personlized" stuff with the most common names written or printed on it). The name is of Danish and Old High German origin. The meaning of it is not known by most people (the same is true for most names. Check out what your real life name actually means. Sometimes it is really funny), but I found two different translations, either "He who rules with the helmet" or "The advisor of the people's council". While I feel more at ease as an advisor than a ruler I had this funny drawing of me wearing a helmet (it is from a lord of the rings parody movie where I appeared in the closing credits for some minor help I could offer to the creators of the movie) so I made the drawing my avatar and the helmet related translation of my name my member title.
As for the 279, that's just my birthday. Over here we write first the day and then the month. I'm born on the 27th September = 279.

What is the 7 in your name telling weatherlord?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh!  How this brings back horrible memories. :(

It all started way back in Junior High.  People were teasing me about my real name, John.  They were simple things at first, Johnny, Johnny Boy, John Jacob Jingle Himer Smith (Which brought back horrible memories of Barney.), etc.  Then someone started calling me a toilet and it then lead to someone calling me a "potty mouth".  It was horrible.  I had enough.  My actions from then though nearly got me suspended.  I then got consoling to find what the problem was.  It's kind of sad from there.  No matter what I did to tell them to stop, they just didn't.  Evil thoughts invaded my mind.  I wanted it all to end.  I even felt like taking a weapon to school and killing those who were making fun of my name.  However, I knew better than that and continued to surpress such thoughts.  By then, I was entering my final year of High School, and I thought I wouldn't be able to hold back the thought of killing someone.

Then one day, someone was making fun of my name once again and I was about to engage in actions that would probably end up getting me suspended, when someone just stepped up and defended me.  After the punk that was teasing me left, I then introduced myself to the one that stood up for me and found him to be a friend of mine from elementary.  He and his friends had seen everything and we talked about my past.  They decided that since they were such good friends of mine that they would be my bodyguards throughout my final year of High School.  I tell you now, I never felt so relieved then I did right there.  Thanks to them, I was able to survive my final year of High School and graduate with a 4.00 in CPA.  My grades may not have been as high, but that CPA showed just how blessed I was to have friends that were willing to stick up for me.

It wasn't long until then that I had gotten into the internet.  I was about to register at GameFAQs.com and about to put my real name at "Username", when I suddenly stopped myself.  All of the horrible memories started to come back.  I didn't want that again.  I thought carefully about a name I could use to keep that from happening on the net.  I then came up with the name YellowandGold251.  It basically defined the Pokemon games I owned at the time and the number of pokemon that were in the game at the time.

For a while, things were okay.  Then one day someone called me YAG251.  I didn't think of it as anything bad, just someone doing initials to make talking to me easier.  Then some n00b comes around and not only removes the numbers, but does the initials backwards and saying that it was what my nickname really meant.  Okay, making fun of my real name was bad enough, but calling me a homosexual?  I then decided to suspend my account and go somewhere else.  By then, I had discovered Serebiiforums.com.  It was a rather nice place.  Best of all, the mods weren't willing to have anyone be flamed, bashed, trolled, teased, etc.  They took the job of a mod rather seriously.  For those reasons, I decided to join, that and by then I had done a story for the franchise and wanted to show it off in the Fanfiction section. :P:

I then came upon "Username" once again and thought carefully about what I could put in.  I then decided that since I was such a fan of Pokemon, I would use that as part of my Username.  I knew I needed something more though.  So, I came up with the simple idea that I was just someone who played pokemon, and thus the name Pokeplayer was born.

The numbers?  Add them up and you'll know the age I was when I inherited such a name.

No teasing of my name since that day.  Anyone who does though will be up against an army since there's such a huge fanbase in the franchise and quite a number of people willing to stand up for you.  The calmer community of Serebiiforums.com gave me the will to start standing up for myself.  It was because of them that I was able to mature and find more peaceful ways of dealing with those that just make fun of others because they have nothing better to do.

Pokeplayer984 is more than just a name of some fan of Pokemon.  It tells the story of someone who wanted to be more known that just a kid with some name.  It is a triumph over the adversity of evil.

And you know what?  I couldn't be happier with such a name. :)

Achillobator

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.deviantart.com
Awww, Poke, that was such a lovely story :cry Thank you for sharing. Yeah, kids can be cruel. I am more than confident you will be safe from that sorta thing here :3 But remember, no matter what, people will always try to find a way to hurt you. That's why you gotta learn to stand your ground. Just practice this face: :mad

:p

Yeah, I used to get made fun of too. That lead me to be depressed a lot in elementary. ELEMENTARY! That's sorta young, don't you think? >.> of course it was my later years. Because of that I shun away from real life. I also tend to hide when i do pretty much anything! I can not draw, watch an old movie, or even look up things that interest me if someone is near. I tend to be a very withdrawn and paranoid person in that sense. I feel safer on the internet, though :p (Isn't that backwards?)

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I have to say mine is pretty simple, it's actually based on my OC on ff.net. Towards the end of the story, he'll gain the nickname The Great Valley Guardian...right before he's exiled :blink: . And then I figured I'd need a user name, I'd just take that one! :D

Weather_lord_7

• Petrie
    • View Profile
What is the 7 in your name telling weatherlord?

Ahhh, I knew somebody would ask that. Well, for starters, I like the number 7. Second of all: Weather_lord just looks.....empty to me. :unsure: