The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

RockingScorpion's Side Projects

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Amaura does look good indeed.  Well done drawing.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks for the comments, you two. :)

I got the colored version done:

[align=center]Amaura Digicolored

Source
(for bigger size etc.)[/align]

The plushie got here yesterday. If anyone wants to see how it looks: Click!

I have caught me a cold this weekend, so no fanart upcoming - and there won't probably be any in the near future because I got a lot of photos to get done until mid January. Will be tough but I think I can handle it. (I better handle it xD)

Until next time. :)
RockingScorpion

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I had no time to get something done for Christmas, but oh well, it's better now than never. ;)

So, Merry Late Christmas, everyone. I hope you had a good time and got what you wished for, whatever that may be. :)

[align=center]Queen Chrysalis Portrait - Digicolored

Source

Traditional Version: Click!
Click!

Once again I spent a lot of time on this drawing, with the result that I think I can call this another milestone for me. You just never stop improving. :)

Hope you like it. :)

What's coming next is some My Little Pony related photography. I probably can't show that right away because it's actually work related but you will see them. ;)

I probably won't have time to draw anything until these photos are done.^^

So that's everything there is to say.

Until next time, and I wish everyone of you a good start into 2015. :D

Oh, I forgot something (as usual xD).
I'm trying out the feedback thingy with these two uploads on deviantart, so if you feel like it, I appreciate every feedback I get. :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good one :) Can't think of any critism or anything else to say right now...
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
As I said, here are the MLP photos I did this semester:

[align=center]Mega Man Canni

Source

[align=center]Gala Canni

Source

[align=center]Nightmare Moon

Source

[align=center]Princess Luna

Source

[align=center]Maud Pie & Boulder

Source

Of course the figurines/statues were not made by me, so here's a list of who made what ;)

http://galacon.eu/ - Mega Man Canni & Gala Canni
http://moondropstar.deviantart.com/ - Princess Luna & Maud Pie
http://sambragg.deviantart.com/ - Nightmare Moon
http://akili-amethyst.deviantart.com/ - Luna/Celestia Coin

This is non-profit work from my side, and also ff you have more questions how/where I got these, feel free to ask (but keep in kind that they're all gone and probably will never be made again).

I guess that's it for now, so...I hope you like the photos and until next time. ;)

(I have to do a presentation about the photos I did during the last semester...I know what to say about my own work of course, but still - talking in front of people was never something I enjoyed. xD)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile

Also I have something quite special again.

[align=center]This is why I love Andy Price

Source

Andy Price is one of the illustrators for the official MLP comics, and he has a brilliant Art Style.
He is on deviantart as well and linked in the description of this drawing, you should definitely check him out.

This was done all in one day.

And I guess that's all there is to say, so, hope you like it, and 'til next time. :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Heya Pokemonfans. :D

[align=center]Pokemeister

Source

Do I really need to say anything about this? :D

Well yeah I will say a few words. xD

I normally don't do requests, but this is an idea a friend of mine had and I liked it, so yeah, here it is.
Based on the Jagermeister Logo, an alcoholic drink with a deer in it. In the logo, not the drink inself.

Well, Xerneas does fit in this rather well, too. :D

Another one of my friends will do this too sooner or later, if you're curious, keep an eye on his deviantart: dodgethunderstorm.deviantart.com
Worth a peek with or without Pokemeister.

All rights to their respective owners. This is 100% nonprofit work.

Hope you like this one and until next time. :)

Oh and also...
All hail the helix fossil!

Good Night ;)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Sleepy Amaura

Source

My path of drawing completely out of my head continues. :)
This was done without any reference at all. The Amaura Plushie on my bed doesn't count :p (my bed is on the other side of the room anyway).

The idea that these pokemon cover their eyes with their sails while asleep is my idea as well. Heck, if I had those, I'd do that as well. I need a pitch black environment to fall asleep which is why I sometimes have trouble with that.^^

But anyway, colored version will probably come tomorrow and - hope you like it. :)

Until next time,
RS

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]Sleepy PokÈsaurus

Source

Here's the colored version, and I also picked another title. ;)

Coming up next is, according to the last poll I made on deviantart, the Cera Approved Patch. Then Petrie and then poor Spike. Nobody seems to like Spike, he hasn't got a single vote. xD

Oh and yeah. I hope you can forgive me my language now, but when using a camera to get your drawings digital, getting the light as you want it without any brighter/darker spots on the paper can be pain in the a**.
But I have my reasons to use a camera. :D

Hope you like it and until next time.

RS :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Kinda funny that it says "more than just dinosaurs" in the topic description, if you ask me. But yeah, let's get to the update ( and hey it's no dinosaur! It just looks like one! :D )

[align=center]This Way!

Source

The uncolored version would be here: http://fav.me/d8ib59c

I recently made some quick pose test sketching with Amaura and decided to finish this one pose.

Why?

Because I had some problems with that one. Amaura has his tail pretty high up and weeell...from that angle it looked kinda..wrong in my opinion. xD
In the end I figured it out and while I was already at it to change the original look a bit (the tail is higher up on the original design, that is a fact) I also added more detail to the really simple design. Was fun to figure this all out.

Aaand then I drew the entire thing twice. Because I made the eyes too big and the outlines were already done, including the black ring around the eye. :D

But now we finally have it. At least I can say this drawing has a story to go with it now. :D

One last thing: I wanted to name it AP Amaura first. If you think you can figure out why, tell me here or write me a PM. :D

And I guess that's it. The Petrie Patch will be next probably.

Hope you like this one and until next time. :)

RS

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Looks nice as always :) Redrawing is something I often have to do (though usually I'm stil in sketching sage when I decide to do so :p)
Inactive, probably forever.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well sometimes you don't see the mistake right away. :D

And I could've continued with the first one but it didn't feel right, even if some people didn't notice what's wrong and others (including me) said it's not hurting the picture.

But thank you. :)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
[align=center]I want Poke Puffs!

Source

Something I did for a little art contest about PokÈmon.

For those who don't play the games. In the actual generation there is this minigame where you can also feed your PokÈmon. If you drop the food - see the picture above. :D

And if you play Pokemon: admit it, you did this even to your favourite PokÈmon. :p

This is 100% a vector file, which means there's no limit to the resolution it can have.

Hope you like it, and until next time. :)

RS

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ah, so that is an indication of what that Pokemon wants to eat?  

Very nice artwork, well done.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks. :D

And no, you can just feed them all of these "cake thingies" called Poke Puffs and they take them, but if you drop one instead of let them eat it, they get angry. ;)

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Amaura is such a pretty pokemon. Nice job ^^ What you just said about poke puffs reminds me of this gif:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Funny gif.  I guess that is an example of dropping the food instead of giving it to the pokemon?

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yep, that's it. Although every Pokemon reacts different. Amaura shakes his head and the eyesails get more intense colors. And some of the bigger Pokemon react in a way that would one get to start running fast if they were real. :D