The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My Upcoming LBT Projects

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
With me finally getting close to having all the footage needed, I am ready to create my first fanmade vids through August.

Here's what I have planned:

Unfaithful: A Littlefoot&Ali&Ret vid.

This vid shall use LBT 4 and "The Brave Longneck Scheme" episode.  It will be more than 4:30 long.

Best of Friends: A Littlefoot&Ali vid.

Using mostly LBT 4 and very few scenes from "The Brave Longneck Scheme" episode, along with our fanmade version of Best of Friends.  It will be nearly 3:00 long.

------

There's also one other I've got in mind.  However, I'm not sure whether or not I'll do it.  And on top of that, I still need more footage. :)

It's this one:

Remember me This Way: A Tribute to Ruby.

Using various footage from the TV Series.  It will be around 4:30 long.

Yeah, I'll admit it.  She's grown on me. :)

Well, what do you guys think? :^.^:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
To be honest, I think you are trying to make your topics too specific.  If ya think about it, most scenes will be 3-10 seconds long.  You're gonna need a lot of them.  If Ali had been in more sequals or tv episodes, you might have more luck but she barely get's any screen time in the tv ep. :angry: That pisses me off.  Anyways, you might have to get some general footage as well.  Let me tell you what can be done.  You can have a  Littlefoot and Ali music video.  You cannot have just scenes with only them; there's not enought footage.  You can have some scenes with them alone, but I'm afraid that you're gonna have a heck of a time matching the music to the vid if you keep your topic so specific.  I know that I could do it, but it'd be hard to make it good for the above reasons.  Since you arn't very experienced yet, I would try to broaden my topic a little before just diving in there.  To be quite frank, this topic is not for a beginner.  It can be done, but be aware that it will be difficlut to do under the circumstances.  I would broaden the topic by perhaps adding another character into the fold.  Like Chomper.  It will be difficult.  It's just a warning.  I'm not trying to discourage you or say that you can't do it.  You have my full confidence.  I just wanna make sure ya know what you're getting into is all. ;)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Jul 22 2007 on  05:07 PM
To be honest, I think you are trying to make your topics too specific.  If ya think about it, most scenes will be 3-10 seconds long.  You're gonna need a lot of them.  If Ali had been in more sequals or tv episodes, you might have more luck but she barely get's any screen time in the tv ep. :angry: That pisses me off.  Anyways, you might have to get some general footage as well.  Let me tell you what can be done.  You can have a  Littlefoot and Ali music video.  You cannot have just scenes with only them; there's not enought footage.  You can have some scenes with them alone, but I'm afraid that you're gonna have a heck of a time matching the music to the vid if you keep your topic so specific.  I know that I could do it, but it'd be hard to make it good for the above reasons.  Since you arn't very experienced yet, I would try to broaden my topic a little before just diving in there.  To be quite frank, this topic is not for a beginner.  It can be done, but be aware that it will be difficlut to do under the circumstances.  I would broaden the topic by perhaps adding another character into the fold.  Like Chomper.  It will be difficult.  It's just a warning.  I'm not trying to discourage you or say that you can't do it.  You have my full confidence.  I just wanna make sure ya know what you're getting into is all. ;)
Well, I doubt you know of the full potiential I have of the programs at my disposal.<sp?>  There's more than one way to do the scenes.  Ever seen a fanmade music video have slow scenes?  Snapshots?  What about freeze and zoom-in/out?  I've seen plenty on YouTube.  Thanks to my VHS converter, I have a brand new program that can help with this.  Besides, what I'm aiming for calls for making things a bit more dramatic, and what I now hold will help me pull that off.

So don't even think that it'll be crap.  I have the stuff to make it shine, and I'm not going to disappoint. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So don't even think that it'll be crap. I have the stuff to make it shine, and I'm not going to disappoint. 

I never said that I expected it to be crap.  I never even said that I didn't think you could do to well at it.  I was just pointing out that it would be a challenge, that's all.  I never thought for a second that you couldn't do it.  I have faith in you.  The only question I was attempting to pose is "are you up to the challenge?" :)

I have a buttload of programs that are more fancy than you could possibly imagine.  The problem is, they're too fancy and have too many features.  I dunno how to even use them.  I'll get around to it one day when I have more time.  I'm in the middle of moving right now so it's really hard for me to devote time to LBT at the moment.

Anyways, you can do it.  It's not that hard to do if ya have simpler programs like sony vegas and wmm, but when ya get up there and start getting more professional programs, they get really hard.  FL studio is way out there.  It'd take me a week to find out all the features in that program.  I simply don't have that kinda time to spare at the moment.

I"ve never doubted you for an instant.  Anyone can do this if they have the programs and time to invest in it. ;)

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
FL studio is way out there.
FL Studio is probably The Single Easiest audio production application in existance. I like it because it's small and easy to use, and because I actually know how to use it.  Plus, it's only a small fraction of the cost of these bigger, more professional applications.  FL Studio is popular among hobbiests because of its cost and simplicity.  Many professionals wouldn't be using FL Studio; it can be a bit limiting and clunky for some purposes (advanced vocal and live recording work) but I like it anyway.  It's awesome for MIDI stuff.

If you think FL Studio is scary, let me point you to a few other audio applications I've played with, which I think are *really* scary :p

Cubase 4

Sonar 6 producer Edition

Anyways Pokeplayer, I wish you the best on your project!  It sounds like quite a feat but I know you can do it! :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, I've run into a little problem.  If anyone can help me, and I mean ANYONE, I would greatly appreciate it.

I am currently working on my "Unfaithful" project, but as I look for a free download for the song I get disappointed by the fact it is incomplete or I have to actually pay a good wad of cash for just this song.

If anyone can give me a complete version of Unfaithful by Rihanna, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance. :)

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I believe I might have the full version of the song.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was actually able to find a torrent for the song.  It may've been 5.01 M, but it'll be worth it! :^.^:

I have recently studied LBT 4 and "The Great Longneck Scheme" very carefully.  In doing so, I have found many scenes I can use and alternate.  In fact, according to my calculations, there's more than enough for this 4 minutes long project.

There are so many sudden changes in facial expersion by Littlefoot and Ali within LBT 4, that it makes it very easy to use a sad song for a music video based off of it.

"The Great Longneck Scheme" is mainly needed for scenes involving Ret.  These scenes also seem to nicely flow with the song at hand at certian points.

My Bestest Friends Project will definately be the hard one.  Few scenes actually work with it.

I can definately pull both off.  They'll just take some time. :)

Well, I'll see ya later! :^.^:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, with my Unfaithful project, I'm only at the 0:40 point of the 3:48 long song, and it's already proven to be harder than I expected.  Much harder!  I spent a good two hours to get that far.  Good thing it was my day off. :)

Trying to see which scenes work best, which effects are at least good to use, and pausing them at the right moment?  I must seriously ask how some of those first timers did their vids in just 30 minutes? :blink:

The biggest problem is that Windows Movie Maker tends to constantly want to "take it's time" with such simple commands.  It's becoming a frusterating hassle.

I'll be working on it again later today.  I have the scenes in mind for the first time the chorus plays through.  It's all a question of figuring out what effects to use.

*sighs* This is really gong to take alot more work then I first figured. -_-

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The biggest problem is that Windows Movie Maker tends to constantly want to "take it's time" with such simple commands. It's becoming a frusterating hassle.

Ouch!  Ya need more ram. <_<

If you don't need too much more, you could temporarily increase the size of your virtual memory paging file to speed things up a bit.  It worked when I made a music vid on my very old laptop that only has 192mb of ram :blink:

WMM will freeze up entirely if ya don't have enough ram.  It takes me under an hour usually to create a music vid using WMM.  I can't see how it could have taken you 2 hours for 40 seconds :blink: You must be in a pretty bad spot.  I need to talk to you more in detail about this issue.  You have MSN?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I'm not so sure if RAM is the issue. I have similar problems with Movie Maker myself, where it temporarily freezes and can take long with some commands at some points. I've tried increasing the RAM, and I've constantly used the WinRAM Turbo to free up RAM, but this has had no effect on Movie Maker. It still acts up.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've sent you a PM and so that you can understand my main situation, LBTlover.

On top of what I have sent you, this is something I'm really taking my time with.  I'm not just putting in random scenes, but I am constantly studying the material I hold to decide what is best.  I listen to the song repeatedly, and look at where certian words and phrases are being sung.  From there, I have to constantly switch between the two main sources, LBT 4 and "The Great Longneck Scheme", to decide the best scene to fit those words and phrases.

Plus, I am experimenting with the effects and transitions to see what works best for each scene.  Of course, in many of the cases so far, it doesn't need an effect to be the best thing possible. :^.^:

Besides, it's better that I take my time and give you guys the best of my performance than to rush it and more than likely end up with a piece of crap. -_-

So the main problem could just be me taking my time.  Best I do it right the first time, because I really don't want to disappoint you guys with this one. :)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I am now up to the hardest line of all.  Careful study will have to be used to figure out what is best.  Besides, I bet that...

"I don't want to take away his life.
I don't want to be a murderer."

is one of the hardest lines to work with when it comes to LBT. :P:

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, today I went from the 1:01 mark to the 1:47 mark within one hour time.  Once I got the hard line out of the way, the next verse was very easy.

I will soon be releasing a preview of it on Photobucket.  It won't have the song added on, but it'll give you a basic idea of how it will go. :^.^:

Well, I'll see ya all later! B)