The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT90321

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
I joined yesterday. I joined because I'd like land before time since childhood
And wanted to continue on.
I also ask members to look in the "Roleplay Discussion" section and look at what I have for us
To do together

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Going out with family be back in while

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Always great to see a new member on here.  You'll find many threads you can read and post to.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
tell us more about yourself LBt. the roleplays can wait.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Good morning everyone
Look in the roleplay  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBT90321,Jan 16 2017 on  10:37 AM
Good morning everyone
Look in the roleplay  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
It's already been said, but this isn't really the place for that. This is a spot to tell the forum about yourself- to make an introduction, as it were. What sort of things do you like? What got you interested in Land Before Time, things like that. You could even use this space to talk about how you got into RP, whether or not this is your first RP, etc.

But in any case, welcome to the GoF forums!

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Thanks
How I got interested in land before time was a few years ago.
I remember watching them when I was a kid.
I got into RP because I was wanting one thing: Transformation
Throughout the years the RP had involved humans turning into dinosaurs, but I want members online to do this new roleplay I have for everyone. The gang of 7 being turn into different forms of dinosaur types. Like Cera is a longneck and spike is a threehorn
I want to open a new RP of the gang having changes in their new dinosaur bodys.
This is not meant to be peremenamt. Hope you will help
Like to here response and thoughts.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Again, this is not the place to discuss your roleplay ideas. It's fine if you talk a little about other RPs you were in (like mentioning you were in maybe an LBT RP years ago). But this topic is more for talking about what you like to do, your interests, etc. It's not the place to promote your roleplay. You already have a topic up and people here can see it just fine. You don't need to constantly bring it up every chance you get.

No offense, but it almost seems like you're being a little obsessive with this roleplay. It seems like you try to bring it up and ask people to look at the topic every chance you get. I will ask you again, please refrain from doing this. People can see your topic and they will reply when they want to. Constantly telling people to "go look at this topic" is not going to garner faster replies. If anything, this sort of behavior would drive people away because it makes you look controlling and obsessive.

People will join the roleplay if they get interested enough. But if they aren't and the RP goes nowhere, well not much you can do. Not all roleplays are successful. They can be hit or miss. But if this first one does fail, you can always try again with another.

But I repeat, don't keep bringing it up at every opportunity. Let people come at their own time. And in the meantime, try to enjoy other parts of this site. There's more to do here than just roleplay.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 16 2017 on  12:30 PM
Again, this is not the place to discuss your roleplay ideas. It's fine if you talk a little about other RPs you were in (like mentioning you were in maybe an LBT RP years ago). But this topic is more for talking about what you like to do, your interests, etc. It's not the place to promote your roleplay. You already have a topic up and people here can see it just fine. You don't need to constantly bring it up every chance you get.

No offense, but it almost seems like you're being a little obsessive with this roleplay. It seems like you try to bring it up and ask people to look at the topic every chance you get. I will ask you again, please refrain from doing this. People can see your topic and they will reply when they want to. Constantly telling people to "go look at this topic" is not going to garner faster replies. If anything, this sort of behavior would drive people away because it makes you look controlling and obsessive.

People will join the roleplay if they get interested enough. But if they aren't and the RP goes nowhere, well not much you can do. Not all roleplays are successful. They can be hit or miss. But if this first one does fail, you can always try again with another.

But I repeat, don't keep bringing it up at every opportunity. Let people come at their own time. And in the meantime, try to enjoy other parts of this site. There's more to do here than just roleplay.
I understand
Its just that I never did one before and I wanted to start something new not by myself but with about 10 other members.
Also im not obsessed. I have time constraints. Im in high school and I don't have enough time to do it okay?
Im just stressed because I keep waiting for other members to come.
All i want from them is to say yes or no to join and help with this idea I have.
It's understandable right?
Please respond

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Let me point something out.

Ever since you joined this forum, almost all you have been talking about is this roleplay. You have interrupted at least one topic asking a member to look at your roleplay. You created a topic about this roleplay and constantly made a string of posts about the roleplay. You have created this topic and changed it into another promotion for your roleplay. When Nick22 said he would help you tomorrow with the RP, your response was 'it's already tomorrow, when are you going to be on to help', simply because it was around midnight or so. And you have accumulated 60+ posts in 3 days, the vast majority of those relating to your roleplay. 60+ posts in three days, and almost entirely about one thing, is an insane amount to post. And some of them are even consecutive (back to back) with no replies between them. And you claim you're stressed from people not replying when it's only been three days (I've seen roleplays not start until a few weeks after it was suggested).

This is what I would call obsessive behavior. I'm not saying this to be mean. I'm saying it to point it out and hope that you can correct your behavior so you don't end up getting in trouble here.

And yes I understand that you want replies regarding your roleplay. However, what you've been doing is not the way to go about it. All you need to do is post the topic, explain the roleplay, and wait. If people show interest, they will join. If they do not, then the roleplay will not kick off the ground, and no amount of constantly asking people to look at the topic is going to change that.

I have been patient with you since the first day. I can tell you right now that this board is welcoming and it's very hard to get yourself temporarily suspended or kicked out permanently. But it can still happen. You can get in trouble if you repeat behaviors you were warned about. And I can tell you with certainty that your behavior right now is not being looked upon kindly by the other members.

Please keep in mind that people here have lives outside of here. Some members don't come here anymore, or don't come as often. Others like myself are busy with real life. This board is not the most important thing in all of our lives. We do like it and enjoy discussions. But we are not constantly hovering over the board, ready to leap at the chance to reply. Constantly asking us to join your roleplay is only going to get on our nerves. You need to learn patience. A few hours is not that long. It may take days or even longer for enough people to want to join.

You can still turn things around, of course. You can limit your roleplay discussions in the discussion topic for it. You can stop constantly asking people to join at every chance you get. Let people come to your topic. If they want to join, they will let you know. Instead of constantly bringing up your roleplay in other topics like you have here, you can talk about other things. Join in discussion topics. There's plenty to talk about. Talk about your hobbies in the hobby sections, post your art if you do any art, if you did any writing you can post it here, talk about games you like or want to get, etc. There's literally a ton of things you can talk about. You can even bring up any theories or ideas you had about LBT, like what movies you think they should have made or thoughts regarding LBT movies, character discussion, etc.

The choice is ultimately up to you. If you do wish to be a productive member here, if you wish to contribute, then you can do so by doing what I suggested and join in other discussions (and remain on topic too), and avoid constantly asking people to join your roleplay.

But if you continue with what you're doing now, if you continue to bug people to look at your roleplay topic, then you are going to land yourself in hot water. So please, do yourself a favor and at least try tot make an effort to restrain yourself with this roleplay. This board is not 100% roleplay. There's plenty of other things to do, and you may find you'd really enjoy yourself if you take the time and look around and join other discussions.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jan 16 2017 on  01:10 PM
Let me point something out.

Ever since you joined this forum, almost all you have been talking about is this roleplay. You have interrupted at least one topic asking a member to look at your roleplay. You created a topic about this roleplay and constantly made a string of posts about the roleplay. You have created this topic and changed it into another promotion for your roleplay. When Nick22 said he would help you tomorrow with the RP, your response was 'it's already tomorrow, when are you going to be on to help', simply because it was around midnight or so. And you have accumulated 60+ posts in 3 days, the vast majority of those relating to your roleplay. 60+ posts in three days, and almost entirely about one thing, is an insane amount to post. And some of them are even consecutive (back to back) with no replies between them. And you claim you're stressed from people not replying when it's only been three days (I've seen roleplays not start until a few weeks after it was suggested).

This is what I would call obsessive behavior. I'm not saying this to be mean. I'm saying it to point it out and hope that you can correct your behavior so you don't end up getting in trouble here.

And yes I understand that you want replies regarding your roleplay. However, what you've been doing is not the way to go about it. All you need to do is post the topic, explain the roleplay, and wait. If people show interest, they will join. If they do not, then the roleplay will not kick off the ground, and no amount of constantly asking people to look at the topic is going to change that.

I have been patient with you since the first day. I can tell you right now that this board is welcoming and it's very hard to get yourself temporarily suspended or kicked out permanently. But it can still happen. You can get in trouble if you repeat behaviors you were warned about. And I can tell you with certainty that your behavior right now is not being looked upon kindly by the other members.

Please keep in mind that people here have lives outside of here. Some members don't come here anymore, or don't come as often. Others like myself are busy with real life. This board is not the most important thing in all of our lives. We do like it and enjoy discussions. But we are not constantly hovering over the board, ready to leap at the chance to reply. Constantly asking us to join your roleplay is only going to get on our nerves. You need to learn patience. A few hours is not that long. It may take days or even longer for enough people to want to join.

You can still turn things around, of course. You can limit your roleplay discussions in the discussion topic for it. You can stop constantly asking people to join at every chance you get. Let people come to your topic. If they want to join, they will let you know. Instead of constantly bringing up your roleplay in other topics like you have here, you can talk about other things. Join in discussion topics. There's plenty to talk about. Talk about your hobbies in the hobby sections, post your art if you do any art, if you did any writing you can post it here, talk about games you like or want to get, etc. There's literally a ton of things you can talk about. You can even bring up any theories or ideas you had about LBT, like what movies you think they should have made or thoughts regarding LBT movies, character discussion, etc.

The choice is ultimately up to you. If you do wish to be a productive member here, if you wish to contribute, then you can do so by doing what I suggested and join in other discussions (and remain on topic too), and avoid constantly asking people to join your roleplay.

But if you continue with what you're doing now, if you continue to bug people to look at your roleplay topic, then you are going to land yourself in hot water. So please, do yourself a favor and at least try tot make an effort to restrain yourself with this roleplay. This board is not 100% roleplay. There's plenty of other things to do, and you may find you'd really enjoy yourself if you take the time and look around and join other discussions.
This will end right now. I will join other discussions or anything in this forum
I will stop talking about my roleplay right now and wait for responses

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, either way, you're welcome here  :wave

Dark is completely right, your behavior is doing the very opposite of what you want to achieve. I'll write the rest of what I have to say in the RP discussion because is it a much better place to say these things than this topic here which is meant for people to welcome you and for you to introduce yourself :)

Inactive, probably forever.

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Allow me to introduce myself the right way
Info
Born:June 25,1999
Grade:11

Background: I was born on June 25,1999. I was among the last people to be born in the 20th century, though some others were already born. I lived in a house in Ohio for 2 years then moved to where I currently live at(now 16 years). Im the oldest kid in my family. I have 2 brothers (16 and 12) and a sister (13). I have 3 pet cats. I attend woodridge high school in Ohio. I have an interesting life.

Personality:A mix, if I can call that. I can get extremely mad at people for being immature. Sometimes I can resolve it. I also feel sentimental on life because I miss how the early years back when the world was right for us. We had all technology then and we did everything traditionally. Now a days nobody has tradition like we use to because of improvement on modernization. Im happy when I do things that I like to share with my family.

Dislikes:immaturity, potty humor, judgement, arguing, screaming/yelling.

Start in land before time: when I was a kid, I was watching the 5th movie in my parents bedroom. It was the only one I watch back then. Years later, I was looking online and a form said "Land before time on tv". I read it and tried to watch it on tv, but I didn't have cable until 2009 (1 year after the show was cancelled). The tv show never aired again. Then I forgot about lbt. In 2013 the name came back to me after reading LBT on my refrigerator. I been in land before time since then.

Joining the gang of five:in 2014 I discoverd the GOF. I was stuned at it. After 3 years reading it, I decided to join as LBT90321

Why I like GOF:I like GOF for its use of land before time fans talking at one place. I also like reading the roleplays and fanfiction. My favorite is wish upon a star made by Threehorn. Why: Humans turning into dinosaurs. It just fascinates me for that a human is turn into a dinosaur by a wish. The fanfiction was never finished so i though I could ask threehorn to finish it, but no response.

If I wasn't on GOF:I would be spending time with my family.

-im also a fan of the early roleplays made Nick22 and Threehorn. I like any roleplay that involves transforming into a dinosaur.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
this is more like it lbt. this is the kind of stuff, you should have been doing from the start. however, the restrictions are not going to be lifted for a very long time. because you have to continue to improve.c simply put you spammed way too much, and that takes a long time for people to accept that you are no longer a spammer.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Also, PMing people to reply to a certain topic is not helping  :bang
Inactive, probably forever.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky is right. Sending folks 25 pms asking for a reply is only going to tick them off. Look If You have a question about something, thats one thing. But dont ask " can you respond to my post?", because thats not going to get you a response. pms are supposed to bev reserved for stuff you want to ask folks in private. And We frown on spamming pms, the same as we do spamming posts. In other words, knock it off.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Going to holiday valley in Canada tommorow. Will talk later at night tommorow
This Sunday the 5th

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Canada was a thrill
Saw Niagara Falls