The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Greetings! and a question

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
hey! you can call me pochi or chaoticpochi and i joined here back in 2015-ish? but i never really engaged here, sorry about that! cool to see there's a tlbt community at least

my reason for finally posting here is to share something kinda cool! i got DVDs of the 3rd, 5th and 10th movies in Japanese, and i'm ripping the songs as we speak. i was just wondering if Universal or Universal Japan will let me upload them to Youtube? if i can't that's fine, i can always share them here through MEGA.nz or something, it'll just be handy to know if anyone has gotten copyright strikes for uploading TLBT clips on Youtube before

thanks and once i get the songs i own ripped i'll share them in a post here! (if i manage to buy more DVDs in the future i'll get those too!)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I believe you can do that here but it can't be in good quality. About uploading them to YouTube, if you don't alter the sound, shrink the screen size or mirror the screen, it is almost guranteed that the videos will be removed.

Welcome to the GoF :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF Pochi! It's cool to see you decided to come out and introduce yourself.

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
thanks for the replies! (also love your icon Flathead! had no idea TLBT mascot costumes existed) ^^spike
i was thinking that uploading the songs including video is what will probably get them removed, and just going with the audio will be the safest bet.  will see how i go, uploading them to Dropbox is also an option. if i had to choose a favourite of what i have it would be Always There! really excited to share that one with you guys

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
welp, here they are for those who wanna see them!
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLecZ...dYebBmh3v6mIHVH to be exact, i have:
When You're Big, Standing Tough, Kids Like Us, Big Water, Always There, Friends for Dinner, Adventuring, Me and My Dad and Bestest Friends all in Japanese for your viewing entertainment
i think Matsumoto Rica does an especially amazing performance for Always There, she's a gal you can't expect to not give a great performance after all! though they all sound pretty great x(cera
and if you want to download these (+ video but my editor did make the framerate kinda choppy)  they're up on my Dropbox here!https://www.dropbox.com/sh/95gkbte6z5lgd2p/...bEfZRQ4i6a?dl=0
 if this should also be in another thread for the purpose of organization hit me up, and i'll handle that

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the GoF ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's great to see a new member!  :exactly I hope you have a great time here! Also, thanks for sharing the Japanese songs! They are easily the best LBT dubs I've heard (I especially liked Always There and Kids Like Us) as the voice actors did an excellent job in sounding sincere and fitting for the characters. Only Petrie sounded bad as he does in all dubs. :smile Anyway, thank you for these and welcome to the GoF!  :)littlefoot

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Glad to welcome a new foreign member. The last one was Rustam

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Welcome to the forum!  :wave  I hope that you have a great time with us. Please feel free to participate in any topics that strike your fancy, and to start topics of your own.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

ChaoticPochi

• Ruby
    • View Profile
thank you guys! i'm happy to be here, though it probably wont be often, i'm gonna keep hunting down the movies so whenever i get more i'll keep posting the songs! i don't know if i'll be lucky enough to get all of them, but i do know two other places where you can see some Japanese land before time stuff.

on nicovideo there's a few videos, with nico you gotta create an account to watch videos but it's a lot easier now than it was a few years ago. you can even make one with nintendo ID
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm27875233 - this is the Eggs song, it's as amazing as it always is
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm11568545 - and this is the first part of the first movie, the movie's uploaded in parts and nico can be a little hard to navigate but the next parts should appear in the playlist. it's also not the best quality but there if you want to see it! reminder that the first film has different voice actors compared to the sequels, not a scenario we're unused to though.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
also love your icon Flathead! had no idea TLBT mascot costumes existed
I didn't know either before finding this image (sadly they're not mine). Glad you like it though!

Those songs were pretty interesting to listen to and it's cool that Rica voices Cera. For those who don't know, Matsumoto Rica voices Satoshi (Ash) in Pokemon for the last 20 years as well as doing the singing for most of the OPs (such as this). Thanks for sharing these!