The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Jurassic Park IV

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
OK, OK, so we've all heard it. Jurassic Park IV, having been stuck in development hell for years, has frequently fallen victim to many release rumours, each more ridiculous than the last.

But, this time, I think its genuine!!!!  :lol:
According to various sources, Jurassic Park IV will be released in June 2014. Although a cast and plot is still under development, a director has been confirmed: Colin Trevorrow.

In addition, paleontological adviser Jack Horner has stated that, along with the T.rex and Velociraptors, a new sinister extinct foe will be introduced, confirmed to terrorised, one that will apparently make you want to sleep with the light on.
But he hasn't told us what...

So, I'm going to offer my thoughts and hope you'll do the same!
Deinocheirus is what I really want to see. A mysterious, possibly horrifying dinosaur with enormous arms and claws. And of course, with little known about it, the film makers can do whatever they want with it! For more on Deinocheirus click here.

Give me your thoughts people!!  :smile

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
With all the recent advances in technology since the original Jurrasic Park, if this truely is genuine, then I expect us to get blown away. We might even get feathers-- FEATHERS!

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just can think one thing now: COOL! :nyah
Inactive, probably forever.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
They should probably do a film version of the Jurassic Park: Trespasser PC game. Then it would no doubt be a hit.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Belmont2500,Apr 27 2013 on  06:28 PM
They should probably do a film version of the Jurassic Park: Trespasser PC game. Then it would no doubt be a hit.
I'd totally go see that, because there's no doubt we have the technology to give people rubbery ten-foot-long right arms.  :lol

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cyberlizard,Apr 28 2013 on  09:13 AM
Quote from: Belmont2500,Apr 27 2013 on  06:28 PM
I'd totally go see that, because there's no doubt we have the technology to give people rubbery ten-foot-long right arms.  :lol
Not what I meant, but I can see where your coming from.  :lol

What I was trying to get across is that JP: Trespasser has the perfect story line for a fourth film and there is a lot they can do with it.

The film would probably look something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnLl9ECljcU

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Ehrm...okay.

They could give this movie a totally different name and remove all those Jurassic Park Logos. Because this is just against anything the first 3 movies showed us, especially 1 and 2, since they were the ones bases on books.

In the end of the 3rd one you can see a few pterodactyls flying away from the island and then the movie is over. They COULD have continued with that idea, but instead they come up with...this?

Sorry you movie producers, but this is as much Jurassic Park as the LBT Main Characters being in a highschool setting or something. So..not at all. xD

Well, modified dinosaurs are actually an idea mentioned in the first book, but not like this, and it is something that never happened in the way they talked about it. The idea in the book was to create tame dinosaurs, and not some overpowered monster that can climb walls xD.

Anyway, I'll watch it, not in cinema, but I'll watch it. Just to see the whole concept, but the trailer made it somewhat clear that they kind of overdid it.