The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

One Generation Earlier

brekclub85 · 177 · 23479

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Pterano looked firmly at Cree. "And be nice next time she plays with us!" He said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Cree frowned deeply, "Alright, I've had it with being lectured by my younger siblings now" he said.

~~~~

"And pray I survive..." Tylr added, waddling after then with the mud. Violet giggled, "Don't worry, Tylr, I won't let your brother get too mad" she promised with a smile.

Tylr had to admit, it did make him feel a little better, "Thanks".

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Nice to see you've had enough." Pterano glanced at Ada. "Let's go before we get into another mess." He said.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ada nodded her agreement, "Come on, I'll start showing you about the big water" she said.

Cree felt very much like saying something, but held his beak...mostly, "You know I so could give my two treesweets here, but I won't...so when he get's converted into hanging around the Big Water and not acting normal I'll just hold in my 'I told you so'" Cree told Tera and crossed his wings.

"and I didn't say that to her, so that's not being mean, so you can't tattle again" he added before Tera could object.

~~~~

"Look, there they are" Trip pointed, "and Cree's still there so...".

"Tera's also there!" Tylr cut him off, "Oh I can't do anything to Cree, much as he deserves it, in front of her" he frowned, "I don't want her thinking bad of me".

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano ignored Cree's comment and went into the air with Ada, looking forward to his lesson. He also looked forward to teaching Ada how to find the best berries and treesweets.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Ok...well uh, you guys don't have Big Water around here, do you" Ada glanced about for the biggest water she could find in the Great Valley, "Come on, that watering hole will probably do for the first few things I could show you like diving and such".

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Tera noticed the others coming back but they were carrying mud for some odd reason, although she had to guess it must involve getting even with someone. She waved down to her siblings and Splasher.

Splasher waved back and replied, "Oh Trip, I know you don't want her thinking badly of you, but you are her brother, just like Cree is. I'm sure she will still respect you if you do this....I mean even if she gets mad, she can't ignore that Cree didn't deserve this."

Tera then turned to Cree and replied, "And you may not have said it to Ada directly, but if you'd had the chance, I'm sure you would have...so don't let it happen." she scolded.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah, alright" Cree sighed, "now if I'm free to go...".

Just then a glob of mud flew through the air to hit him. Looking down he saw Trip on the floor laughing while Tylr stood there holding the mud looking unsure.

"Uh, I'm just the one holding it honest" he grinned to his brother.

"Oh yeah!" Cree looked upset, "and just who's idea was it, giggly down there!" he pointed to their other flyer friend, Trip, who was still laughing.

Violet was both trying not to laugh herself, and trying to get her brother to stop too.

"Um...we kinda all came up with it together..." Tylr didn't want to get Splasher in trouble directly but also didn't have the bravery to say he'd thought it up himself or anything.

"Besides" Trip came off his laughing to stand, "we're not even done, the plan was to cover you, not just hit you".

"Oh yeah, then come up here and try it!" Cree said.

"Now Trip's not gonna be doing anything of the..." Violet began.

"Gladly" Trip said, scooping up some of the mud and also taking flight with it, "just try to dodge!".

"Yeah well you can try to dodge my fists!" Cree also flapped about trying to get at the other flyer. The two boys looked like they were nearing a fight.

Violet put her head in her wings, "this was not the plan at all...". She turned towards Tera, "Sorry Tera, looks like we caused trouble..."

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano nodded in agreement. "It's a lot safer too, unless you get tangled in something or hit a shelled swimmer."
He still considered what the best fruit to introduce her to first. Something that might give her a slight "sweet beak". He repressed a naive giggle*.

* "Sweet beak" is a double meaning. It is either like the flier version of "sweet tooth", or it's the completely polar opposite of "bark beak"; an affectionate term from one flier to another, usually toward a lover or a hatchling.
The reason Pterano feels like laughing is because he is starting to feel fondness for Ada.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Splasher picked up some of the mud Tylr was holding and taking aim threw it clear at Cree and said "Heads up Cree, and for your information this idea was all mine! So if you're going to get mad at anyone here come and see if you can be so brave to me!"

Tera was rather surprised at her hunch being correct about Cree being hit and potentially covered in mud, and she had to admit, even with the chance of a fight breaking out she found this rather funny as she began to laugh aloud and pointed at Cree as she said, "That mud looks good on you bro!"

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Redclaw roared, trying to scare Screech and Thud away.

"We want food! We want food!" They chanted annoyingly.

Ichy just sighed.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yeah, and if there's anything bigger than a shelled swimmer or anything in your watering hole, there's a problem" Ada smiled, then had to face forward so she didn't start blushing or anything as she looked at Pterano.

"Anyway, the basic idea of skimming the water for fish or anything is to fly real low over it" she demonstrated, "and...then when you see a fish you grab..." she darted for but missed a fish and got just splashed, "I should mention getting wet's a given" she laughed.

~~~~

"Oh yeah! Then why don't you try it!" Cree answered his sister as he swooped past Tylr, grabbing up mud himself to first drop on Trip, who was flying below him, and then aim and shot at Tera and Splasher. He did pause for a few moments to think if it was really such a good idea to hit his sister, but...well it was almost just playfulness if anything if and when their parents found out.

Sensing a flinging fight breaking out, Tylr ducked behind a nearby rock, dropping his pile.

Violet giggled as she watched him, "Aw don't worry Tylr, if Cree keeps throwing it I'll cover you" she offered.

"Nah, then I'd just feel bad for you getting hit" he answered, "back here's a lot safer".

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano nodded. He flew across the water and attempted to mimic Ada's sheer grace. He plunged for something that moved in the water. He pulled it out and noticed that he was holding a large pincher* by the tail...and it did not seem to happy with being disturbed.

* Crayfish

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Terri pointed to the yellow belly she'd taken down and said to Screech and Thud. "That yellow belly is yours if you leave us alone!"

~~~

Tera giggled as she ducked the blob of mud Cree had thrown at her and she responded rather well as she picked up some mud of her own and tried to aim it at Cree as best she could. "Take this!" she shouted as she threw her armful of ammo.

Splasher laughed loudly as she caught the mud Cree had thrown at her, she then shook her head to clear it and picked more mud and began throwing it as well. "You'll have to do better than that Cree." She commented as she ran from her standing spot to make her a harder target to hit.

Kit12

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ada couldn't help giggling, much as she tried to stop it, and she wasn't laughing at Pterano, more at how cute he looked with the blunder.

"Sorry" she apologized anyway, "but hey you caught one, good going. You sure you haven't lived near the big water?" she smiled.

~~~~

"Hey! No..." Cree's sentence was cut off as he was hit twice before being able to throw his own hits. He made up for it though, hurling a wing full each at both Splasher and Tera.

Then Trip dropped some mud on Cree from flying overhead.

From behind the rock, Tylr peeked and shook his head, "They're all gonna have to stop by the watering hole before going home" he said. Violet giggled, "Yeah probably, but atleast Cree's not tattling".

"Oh he mostly never does that" Tylr said, "just get's even, which is a good thing here I guess".

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano dropped the cranky pincher on the ground and joined Ada. "I guess practice with Toss the Pointy Seed helps in the long run"
He felt flattered that Ada had been amused with his first catch.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Tera picked up more mud and began to throw it at Cree hoping a stray shot would get him, not really caring where her mud was thrown at this point as she was having too much fun.

Splasher laughed as she took another glob of mud and took careful aim and this time tagged Tylr with it. "Try to get me if you can." she taunted as she dove behind a shrub for cover.

~~~

Terri was now officially annoyed by Screech and Thud, and it seemed that Dil was on the same leaf with her as they both stepped forward towards the two fastbiter brothers and started to snap their jaws and roar at the duo interrupting their meal.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"WAAAHHHH!!!!" they screamed as they ran off.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
(For the time being I will be taking temporary control of Kits characters for all current RPs)

Ada smiled at Ptreano and said, "Well would you like to try it again?" she didn't want to push him into something new too quickly, but he did show a great deal of promise.

~~~~

Tylr groaned as he felt the mud Splasher had thrown hit his face.
"And I'll need a bath in the water too now." he said with a sigh.

Violet giggled and replied, "Well then you may as well throw some mud back at them then."

Tera grinned as she threw a wad of mud at Trip. "Heads up!" she shouted.

Trip however didn't move in time and was pelted with another glob of mud. He laughed however and only proceded to thrown his own mud.

Cree was glad to see that he wasn't the direct center of attention anymore. As he picked up more mud and threw it around him, aiming mostly for Tera.

~~~

Dein was impressed with the way Terri and Dil had handled that. He stepped foward and said, "Nice one Terri. You should do that more often."

Terri smiled at the complement, and nodded to Dil. "I did have help."

Dil was also smiling proudly at their accomplishment.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Pterano nodded confidently. "Yes. I'll try again." He took to the air a second time and dove towards the surface of the water-perhaps to boldly. His beak hit the water with a loud smack as he pulled a fish out of the water. It was twice the three times the size of his body and he only succeeded with yanking its fin out of the water. The weight of the fish pulled him underwater.