The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Dreams?

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes, and a very interesting one at that.

It was March 2010, about a year before I'd rediscover LBT. My life was pretty good, but LBT was nothing but a distant memory at this point. Yet, for some reason, I dreamt that I a TV Guide magazine I recieved (I had a subscription for those at the time) had an add for the new film. I didn't know about movie 13 at this point, so I think in my dream, it was movie 13. But anyways, it showed the movie having humans in it.

Yes, humans! Even though the original film makes it pretty clear (isn't that what the narrator implies by saying "long before you") that humans don't exist yet. And in my dream, I thought, "...huh. Isn't that where they usually draw the line?" But there was a review for it. And guess what it said?

"Best. One. Yet."

It was such an intriguing dream, I wrote about it in my diary the next day.

God, it's hard to believe it's been nearly 5 freakin' years since that happened!

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I've have a number of Land Before Time dreams; too many to count because they've been happening since September. Some of my dreams include Littlefoot and Cera in their adult years falling in love and having kids. Others include Littlefoot finally getting in trouble with his grandparents for breaking rules. The best dreams I've had of The Land Before Time is my ideas for a remake were coming alive. Here is a short list of my ideas that come alive in my dreams (day or night).

1. Littlefoot with blood-related siblings
2. Two siblings that can procreate while the gang are kids
3. Littlefoot's nestmates being alive
4. Littlefoot and co. visiting the human world
5. Humans visiting the Great Valley

I don't think there are many ideas like that in fanfiction. I am looking into writing a series with those ideas in mind and maybe a Littlefoot and Cera love story during their adult years. Keep in mind that it is just for fun; I just want to explore my ideas and see how far I can go with them.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Jan 15 2015 on  02:32 PM

5. Humans visiting the Great Valley

Oh like my human OC fic. Via time travel or something?

4. Littlefoot and co. visiting the human world

I have something like that planned for the 2nd sequel for my Human OCs meet LBT.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Last night, I had another LBT dream. The first one in...I think a couple years. I don't remember the last time I had an LBT-related dream. It was like a little scene, and was a little...odd.

The scene started with Littlefoot and Rhett walking through the forest. I remember there being a sort of narrow path (I forget what the edges were made out of, plants or rocks) and there were some vines they had to move past. They were moving downhill, with some sort of tree in front of them at the end of the path.

Rhett (whose eyes were more blue here than green) was asking Littlefoot why he was being nice to him (I don't think it was ever stated why they were going towards this one tree), to which Littlefoot states that if he's nice to him, maybe he could put in a good word of him to Ali and they could be together again. Yeah...some romance was kind of involved here, despite the fact that, in the dream, they were still children.

Oh and Ali magically appeared in the scene. She wasn't there before, but then there was another shot of them walking towards the camera, and Ali was walking off to one side. And she's wearing a hat...somehow. Littlefoot attempts to nuzzle her in hopes that she would take him back (apparently he did something to piss her off) but she just pushes him away and nuzzles Rhett, whom she had chosen to be her boyfriend. Rhett just kind of rolls his eyes and shows no interest in Ali, stating that he didn't want to be with her.

And that's all I remember happening in the dream.

I did find it rather strange that it seemed as though Littlefoot and Rhett's personalities flilpflopped, with Littlefoot being the more reckless, thoughtless one and Rhett being the more reasonable-minded one.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I dreamed last night that Sharptooth was chasing men from other planets who happened to be in helicopters and in dino times.  He ate some of the guys.  They were human people, but from other planets.  

Littlefoot got caught in ice and Sharptooth would have gotten him but Mama Longneck came and died instead.

Also, Littlefoot and I were being chased by Sharptooth, who, for some odd reason, was in 3D.

Also, I dreamed that I was watching LBT on my Grandma's TV and found a 10-pack of movies 1-10 that all showed them at once.   LBT 1 had the same theme song as the TV Series.  

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Not exactly a direct LBT dream, but last night I dreamt that something was written on a board. They were hints to what the songs are going to be for the upcoming movies. I remember just reading off, say, certain instruments featured, therefore, I'd be able to tell whether or not it was a reggae-style song or if it was a song that tugged at the heartstrings (if it had stringed instruments and all). Coincidentally, one of the songs' titles was "My Favorite Year", which was actually a song that one of the LBT songwriters (Michele Brourman, to be exact) wrote; look it up.

Anyways, though, that was a strange dream. Though I do wonder if the songs for the upcoming movie will actually be good...

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Jun 17 2015 on  08:43 AM
Not exactly a direct LBT dream, but last night I dreamt that something was written on a board. They were hints to what the songs are going to be for the upcoming movies. I remember just reading off, say, certain instruments featured, therefore, I'd be able to tell whether or not it was a reggae-style song or if it was a song that tugged at the heartstrings (if it had stringed instruments and all). Coincidentally, one of the songs' titles was "My Favorite Year", which was actually a song that one of the LBT songwriters (Michele Brourman, to be exact) wrote; look it up.

Anyways, though, that was a strange dream. Though I do wonder if the songs for the upcoming movie will actually be good...
Well Felix Avaitia seemed to like them. Who knows we might even get new songwriters though i kinda doubt it
Life Is Good

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm actually really hoping for new songwriters, although if it were the same two girls again, I wouldn't be surprised.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well Felix Avaitia seemed to like them.
Not only Felix but also Aria said she loved the songs :)
Inactive, probably forever.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Getting back to the subject of dreams while still keeping the previous subject, I had another LBT song-related dream last night, but sadly, I've almost completely forgotten it. All I remember is that it had Ducky and Petrie in it and the song's key was D flat, if I remember correctly. If one of the new songs are in D flat (a key never used in a LBT song), I might just tear up.  :lol

(Heh, now that I mention it, one of the songs I have in mind for my in-development fanfiction is pretty much just that...except the one I vaguely remember was upbeat, while the one in mind is not.)

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
I had a very interesting LBT dream last night and thankfully remember most of it.

Too what I remember I was sitting in the living room at home on my laptop messing around with the background when an image of Sura (Ducky's Mother) appears as the new background and I try to get my background back to a suitable Dragon background but I failed miserably. What's worse my sister and her friend chose that moment to ask what I am doing.

Then the scene changes and I am with the entire Gang of seven and we are several miles outside the Great Valley and appear to be heading towards a huge mountain in the distance that seems to resemble Erebor. We arrive at the mountain and head into a large cave system which is filled with stalactites. We climb to the centre of the cave which is a large summit. There cave floor here is mostly shallow water and at the peak of the summit there is what looks like a few rectangular crystals in all the colours of the rainbow, they look like a child's xylophone.

We play here for a while and always end up sneaking away from home to come to this place to play. I also remember Grandpa Longneck giving us a stern lecture about our actions. Then some catastrophe that we somehow caused happens and all I remember is Mr Threehorn saying "Congratulations you just brought a huge catastrophe down on us".

So we split up to stop the catastrophe with Me, Littlefoot, Cera, Ducky and Petrie heading back to the mountain and Ruby, Chomper and Spike along with the grown ups heading toward the ocean to repair some kind of clock without any hour hands, it's just a whole load of small moving cogs with one missing, that one being in the cave.

When we get to the cave and retrieve the small black cog near the rectangular crystals we are ambushed by a Belly Dragger that I am sure was Dil as I remember myself saying "Oh no not you again". Anyway we run away toward a steep slope that has a large tar pit at it's base but the strange thing is that we all ran across it as if we could walk on water but Littlefoot got the tar on his legs and it appeared to be trying drag him into the tar pit while Dil advanced.

I pushed his tail while the others pulled. Dil snapped at me but we always gained a little ground whenever she did so I just managed to avoid the teeth and the a final push we got Littlefoot out of the tar's grasp and ran to safety.

We met the others on a cliff overlooking the ocean where we fixed the clock and stopped the catastrophe (I don't actually remember what the catastrophe was or how we caused it). The next second I found myself back at home in the same place I was before except with one difference, well two. One being that I was away from my sister and the second difference being that the whole gang was waking up from sleep in the middle of the lounge. We saw each other and smiled then I woke up.

How annoying I was really enjoying that dream and I woke up at the wrong moment like usual. But it was still very interesting and filled with many important revelations for me. Anyways I am curious as to what your thoughts are on this enigmatic dream?

And I remembered this all at the top of my head too :smile
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Had a dream, and of what I remember, I was at this Hispanic kid’s house or something, and his family had a CRT TV in an entertainment center. And when I opened up the video drawer, I noticed they had a bunch of new LBT’s I hadn’t heard of before. LBT 14-18 and I think two or three others, one of which was a supposed LBT and Scooby-Doo crossover, and on the front it showed a bunch of lime green little longnecks about the size of chomper or something running in front of the gang and towards the viewer on an open forest path on a starry night and Scooby Doo and I think Shaggy were running too. The little lime green longnecks worelime green flat-top caps off to the side and it looked really cute lol.  :lol

Edit: Oh, and wouldn't you know the movies were VHS's. Lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've had one a few days ago :)

I was listening to an audiobook of LBT 14 in my dream for whatever reason but there were also a few pictures (which formed in my mind while listening? Idk...) among other I recall seeing the cave the Gang are going to end up in LBT 14 (according to the trailer) where they meet Reba's character (Etta, isn't it?) :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
well, tonight I went to USA, searching for Don Bluth studio and outcut LBT material.
It began with entering Spielberg's Jurrasik Park instead LBT universe, and ended in the middle of filming Dragon's Lair.
And at the end I exited studio, completely forgetting why I came there at first time...
*super facepalm*
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds like a very good and interesting dream you had.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I haven't had any LBT-related dreams, at least none that I can remember, although I sure wish I had. I'll make a mental note to myself to post here again if I do have any.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Question. How is it even possible to dream about being in a cartoon universe? All the dreams I've ever had happen in the real world. And dreams of cartoons I happen to get appear on the TV in my dream.

Eh, if it happens for you guys, it's bound to happen for me eventually, right?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Dreamland is place where you can do anything and be everywhere. And feel very sharp too.
Strange you never had cartoon world dreams. Possibly you don't remember them.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
I've had dreams in cartoon universes before. My dreams are often random and surreal enough that my mind doesn't really distinguish between animation and live-action. So, say, something like Cera living in my apartment (which Impractical and I have joked about before :smile) would be a plausible thing for me to dream about, even if it's hard to picture when you really think about it (since she's a cartoon, how would that look in the live-action world, etc.).

Coincidentally (or not?), after I made my previous post I went to bed to have a nap, and I so happened to have an LBT dream, albeit not inside the LBT world itself. I dreamt I was seeing The Land Before Time in a movie theatre. The theatre wasn't super-crowded, but there was still a good number of people there, and I was pleased to see that there were other adults like me who had come by themselves to see the movie. Seeing LBT in theatres is something I actually did experience about a month and a half ago, and we had a discussion about that elsewhere on the forum recently, which is probably what inspired this dream of mine. Although in the dream, there were some details that were changed around. There were more adults (and conversely, less kids) in the theatre in the dream than there were at the real-life theatre I went to. Also the theatre itself; there's two movie theatres in the city where I live, but in the dream the theatre looked completely different from both of them.

And... now that I'm remembering, I can in fact recall another LBT dream I had a few months ago. I dreamt that the Gang of Five got transported from the prehistoric days to the present-day world. Specifically, they wound up in my city somehow. My city is adjacent to a bunch of coulees and so the dinosaurs were wandering around the city edge that connects to the coulees. It was quite scary and confusing to the Gang to wind up in this strange unfamiliar world with all these humans around, and conversely everyone in the city was alarmed to suddenly have these dinosaurs appear. Littlefoot in particular got separated from his friends, and he was crying because he was lost and alone and didn't know what to do. Poor guy.

The inspiration for that dream might've been the movie We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story. I can remember seeing it as a kid, and I recall it had a somewhat similar plot to my dream.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 09:15:58 AM by StardustSoldier »