The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sonic gets Topps'd

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
When Eggman causes the Chaos Emeralds to malfunction into opening a mysterious green portal, Sonic, his friends and his enemies are sucked into it.

Sonic stumbles in a green valley. He checks what is going on in a berry bush. Suddenly a dark brown Triceratops appears, "WHAT ARE YOU DOIN IN MY BUSH" he says. Then he chases the blue hedgehog as two Swimmers enter the valley looking for a place to call home.

However the two Swimmers are knocked down by Topps and Sonic. Then the two Swimmers proceed to partake in the chase. Topps then catches up with Sonic and continuously stomps on his head, shattering the hedgehog's skull to pieces.

However the Sonic he squashed was a look alike as the real Sonic runs off as Topps is confused. Then he turns around and gores the Swimmers, killing them instantly.

Then Perfect Chaos bursts out of the portal and eats Topps. However the Triceratops violently bursts out of the monster's stomach like a chestburster, causing it to bleed out water. Then Petrie's mother and a random Flyer screech and fly down and attack Topps. However he roars and gores their wings. Then he notices Tails and his friends and goes over to them, "What are you doing in my bush" Topps says.

Then he notices a musket, picks it up, and shoots Sonic in the back of his head. Then he shoots Knuckles in the heart and flings Tails a dozen meters. "Give me back my property" says Shrek as he shoots Topps in the head and Sonic's head regenerates and continues running. Topps picks up Sonic by his leg. "Tria, we're going to kill this fuzzy" he says. However Sonic kicks him in the face, sending him 500 meters down the valley.

Then he gets a file for divorce by Tria. However she says she still loves him and then grabs Sonic and smashes his head to the ground. Then Sonic swings his arm breaking her neck. However she twists her neck back and takes Sonic into The Cave of Many Voices. Topps returns 2 hours later and they prepare to kill him before Amy Rose appears and smashes through a wall with a hammer.

Then Wild arms, Silver, Dina, Dana, and Tricia, Shadow, and a gingerbread Eggman strangle Amy. Then Plates having become good storms in and eats Wild arms. "Nom nom nom, tastes like chicken!" Plates says. Then Red Claw, Screech, Thud, the Featherheads, the Horned Sharptooth, and Donkey Kong chase Topps.

Tria fights Amy while Sonic strangles Silver and Shadow and Wild Arms bursts out of Plate's stomach, killing him in 4 seconds. Then Topps finds something else to kill, lets Sonic and his friends go as he kills the passing by Pterano. Sonic cracks apart the gingerbread Eggman before Topps flings him out of the wall and Tria's skull is smashed by Amy's hammer.

Then the egg pawns bust in and electrocute Topps to death. Amy runs over to help Sonic and is killed by Topps who hits the ground smashing her skull and kills the egg pawns instantly before turning to Sonic again.

However Topps explodes from hunger as Sonic runs back to the Cave of Many Voices.

Suddenly 128 Tsar bombas strike the Great Valley. As the ground begins to cool from the explosion, a thunderous earth shake of robotic feet as Egg Pawns waving their banner sing. Topps regenerates again and nears the cave. Tails follows him silently. Topps notices the singing Egg Pawns and blows them into oblivion.

Topps enters the cave and finds Sonic. He then turns around and finishes off Tails who dies instantly from Topps' 10000000000000000 kHz roar. But Sonic somehow does not die. Topps however loses his appetite and heads back to the valley.

Sonic follows Topps back to the valley and grabs him. Topps gets SUPER mad and slices Sonic into 99999999999999 pieces. This time he does not regenerate. "Get Topps'd mate" he says.

Then Sonic's past self comes to the present in a time machine. "What how are you" Topps says as his head explodes from confusion. Then Topps crushes the hedgehog but his past self returns. Sonic says "How are you?" and Topps' eyes turn red as he is furious. Then more past Sonics keep showing up until Topp's head explodes and this time no regenerations. "Get Topps'd mate" Sonic says

THE END
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 02:06:30 PM by Mr. Clubtail »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
Hi, Mr. Clubtail! I see that you’re a young but eager writer. This post is not meant to ridicule your fanfiction, but rather to give constructive criticism on how to improve your writing. I will discuss some things regarding your fanfic.

Structure: One of the first things a reader sees when they read a story of any type is the way that it is organized. This fanfiction is an example of how you shouldn’t structure a story. For starters, split some sections into paragraphs so that it doesn’t look like one huge continuous and never ending story. It also gives a sense of when one scene begins and when another ends. Secondly, when dialogue is spoken, it gets its own line by itself as well just like a paragraph. It looks more neat and the words that a character says is clear for everyone to see.

Grammar: I must admit, in terms of correct capitalization and spelling, you have nailed those two aspects for the most part. As for punctuation, they could definitely use an improvement. I’ve seen an excess of many sentences where a coma is needed. For example, I have seen many instances of you using “however” and “then” to start a sentence with no comma to come after it. Don’t forget to add that coma! I don’t really see anything else that strikes out to me at the moment, so good job overall!

Plot: As I have already mentioned in your random role play thread, this is completely random. Characters just appear out of nowhere and they seem to have a mind of their own. A good plot would have an established exposition, rising action, a climax, falling action, and a resolution. I recommend that you plan out the story that you would want to do before you start writing it. Not everyone can make a good story just by going with the flow.

Literary Elements: This entire fanfic was an over excessive use of hyperbole and almost nothing else. Topp’s frequency roar, the slicing of Sonic near the end into a million pieces, kicking someone a distance of 500 meters, and other lines in this fanfic are examples of ridiculous emphasis on some of these actions. The constant use of it really demeans the overall story and makes it look silly. Other types of literary elements like simile, metaphor, onomatopoeia, and symbolism can really make a story more interesting and fun to read, so it doesn’t hurt to have a mix of them in your stories.

This is all that I have to offer, and I hope it helps to further improve your writing in the future! :)littlefoot

And also, people like rhombus, Anagnos, Sovereign, OwlsCantRead, DiddyKF1, and Ducky123 can help you out and better explain the problems with this fanfic and how to improve your writing. I have basically no writing experience and I don’t plan to write anything as I dislike it, but these people have excellent experience when it comes to writing stories of fanfic.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
^You know, Impractical, for someone with no writing experience, you're actually really good at it. You have nice sentence flow and you're good at clearly communicating your ideas. You may not be a storyteller, but you have a good handle on the technical aspects of writing. I also noticed it with your film reviews of LBT 3 & 4.

Anyway, Mr. Clubtail, I will say that I laughed quite a bit while reading this story. So if it was intended to be funny, then good job there. It also reminded me of The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny. Overall, though, I agree with Impractical's suggestions for improvement.

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
That fanfiction is intended to be funny. Also I'm kind of new to writing fanfics in this forum so that's why this fanfic needs improvement

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if you're made to be a writer to by honest. I hate to be blunt but this is quite bad and makes zero sense at all. I don't know where to start pointing out all the bad points, it's probably a waste of time.

Inactive, probably forever.

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I will say this: this fic did make me laugh. It was very... idiosyncratic. Yeah, that's the word. Very random.

There's definitely improvements to be made for sure, as @ImpracticalDino has mentioned, but just keep in mind that there are some purists over here who like our pristine LBT continuity untouched by canon immigrants. :Mo
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Good job! You have taken my advice regarding Structure and edited your fanfic accordingly. It looks much better now. You're already one step closer to becoming a prolific writer. You just need to work on the other things I've already mentioned. In my opinion I think its best if you move on from this fanfic and start afresh with another one. You can incorporate everything that I have told you into that story and use this fanfic to compare and see how much you have improved. This can be a stepping stone and learning experience for you if executed correctly.

You're still in Middle School, right? I can definitely see why you are a bit inexperienced with your writing. The more vocabulary, knowledge, and techniques about writing you learn in school, the better you will become as a writer overall. Do the best that you can on any essays or writing assignments your English teacher gives you and reflect on any past writings to see what you can improve on. Even though most of the time you're not really writing a story, but more like a long constructive response paper, it still helps a ton whenever you want to make a fanfic. Take it from me for example. I know the technical aspects of writing like StardustSoldier has mentioned, and its because of all of the writing I have done throughout my school career. I definitely think that you'll see the most growth in your writing ability once you're in High School. Keep practicing and keep seeking help from others, because I know you have the aptitude to become a great writer! :)

I will say this: this fic did make me laugh. It was very... idiosyncratic. Yeah, that's the word. Very random.

I just learned a new word today. Idiosyncratic...
This is a very peculiar, odd, and random fanfiction indeed OwlsCantRead. :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
@Ducky123: I think you're being too harsh here. Constructive criticism is fine, and yes there is room for improvement, but telling someone right out of the gate that they don't have what it takes is just a mean thing to say, as well as dismissing it as "a waste of time." Give the guy an honest chance to improve his craft. This is only his first story submission, after all.

DiddyKF1

• Monkey of Many Mysteries from the Fruitiest Forests
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Proud supporter of DuckyxPetrie!
    • View Profile
@Ducky123: I have to agree with Stardust on that. This new guy is just a kid right now, and he's still learning. I'm sure that a lot of us lacked in story writing skills when we were in middle school and flourished once we got to either high school or college. He needs time to improve on his writing and NOT so that the rest of us can slam his efforts as repulsive "wastes." He's just a beginner who needs time.
Suddenly, I've written so many fanfics that I can't possibly list them all! :P

Ducky x Petrie forever! :)petrie :duckyhappy

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@Ducky123: I think you're being too harsh here. Constructive criticism is fine, and yes there is room for improvement, but telling someone right out of the gate that they don't have what it takes is just a mean thing to say, as well as dismissing it as "a waste of time." Give the guy an honest chance to improve his craft. This is only his first story submission, after all.

@Ducky123: I have to agree with Stardust on that. This new guy is just a kid right now, and he's still learning. I'm sure that a lot of us lacked in story writing skills when we were in middle school and flourished once we got to either high school or college. He needs time to improve on his writing and NOT so that the rest of us can slam his efforts as repulsive "wastes." He's just a beginner who needs time.

Nuff' said.

I can tell that you like to write Mr. Clubtail and you're eager to learn more. You spend the bulk of your activity in the LBT fanfiction and role play sections on the forum I've noticed. I hope that anything Ducky123 has said didn't discourage you in the slightest.

And just to add, the fact that people like @StardustSoldier and @OwlsCantRead viewed your fanfic as humorous is already enough proof that your fanfic has value. It was effort spent not in vain.

That fanfiction is intended to be funny. Also I'm kind of new to writing fanfics in this forum so that's why this fanfic needs improvement
« Last Edit: October 19, 2019, 04:56:34 PM by ImpracticalDino »

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not usually someone to discourage people but this stuff just hurts my eyes... Sorry :(

I suppose I'll channel my energy into reviewing other stories instead.
Inactive, probably forever.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
First of all, I am always generally welcome of new and ambitious writers on the forum, as are probably others as well. That being said, writing is something that while entertaining, must be taken seriously in order to produce sufficient content. Not everyone is up for this challenge at the start, and that includes me. But when people give constructive criticism about your work, you have a chance to improve, if you allow it to happen. I certainly have improved quite a lot ever since people started to give me valuable feedback, and while it may not always be positive, the negative things serve considerably more in my opinion. The foremost trait a person must have in this scenario, is learning to take negative feedback as constructive.

Grammar: ImpracticalDino already went through this one, and I very much agree with him here. Grammar is one of those things that are very important to the overall quality of the story you are writing, as many people tend to shy away from stories that are filled with grammatical errors. For someone whose mother tongue is not English, this can prove to be very difficult at times. Personally, I have always loved English as a subject, which was pretty much the one thing I cared about throughout my entire life. I’d advise you to learn more about the language itself before jumping blindly into writing. I’m sure there are many tutorials out there on the internet that delve into this particular problem.

Plot: This is another very important detail, as without the plot, there really is no overall story. A writer must be able to sell the idea to the reader early on, preferably during the first few paragraphs, as that lays the foundation of the entire narrative, and without it you’re pretty much going into it blind. A story doesn’t usually just come to you in a blink of an eye – it takes time and deep pondering of specific plot points and their meaning to the story. Ask yourself; is this particular scene really needed? Personally, I mostly shy away from stories that don’t seem to have any overall plot set, and I’d advise you to ponder about this with care. I am in the process of drafting a long story right now, and while it is going rather slow, I enjoy every last minute of it and that’s the key to writing a good story; you must enjoy it yourself. Do it for yourself, not for anyone else.

Structure: There’s really not much for me to say about this, except echo what ImpracticalDino has already said. Splitting the paragraphs is a very good idea, as too long paragraphs become extremely hard to read after a while. Truth be told, I am guilty of doing this few times in my life, and when I look at my earlier works now, I can already spot plenty of where I could have been more industrious. However, making mistakes is what teaches us the best. I’d actually encourage you to make mistakes, as that is how you will learn not to do them anymore. This method may not work for everyone, but I find it highly practical. Splitting the dialogue is not always needed, but approach it however you like and whatever option feels best suited for you specifically.

Like I previously mentioned, I am not usually one for idiosyncratic stories like this one, and I doubt there are many here who actually like such stories, but that is just my presumption, so don’t take it to heart. Once more, I sincerely advise you to think about different plot developments and character improvement. Deviating from the original concept of a certain character is usually a very bad idea, as that tends to not only upset readers, but in a worst case scenario result in utter disaster. I wholeheartedly hope that you take these critiques as a means to improve creative writing. No author here became a good one in one night, it takes time, effort and practice. And what is arguably the pinnacle of creative writing; show, don’t tell. This is something that almost every new writer struggles at first, but with practice and dedication that can easily be fixed.

Nanotyrannus

• Junior synonym
  • Chomper
  • i'll put something here eventually
    • View Profile
I can tell that this is pretty heavily inspired by some of the weirder, sillier roleplays on the LBT wiki, especially the one where Littlefoot meets Shrek that I contributed a little bit to - I'm pretty confident that this was a roleplay on the wiki in of itself at one point. Topps inexplicably arming a musket and using it to kill Sonic especially stands out as an element from 'Littlefoot Gets Shrekt' (for those unfamiliar: this but with Littlefoot in place of Sonic and Shrek in place of Topps).

My biggest problem with the story is that it comes off as a series of random events, with how characters come in out of nowhere and start contributing to the story and things happen without much rhyme or reason. I'm sure there's some way to make these two facets work in a story, but I don't think they quite work here.

I think that said flaw also presents a plus, mind; how bizarre and random some of the events and scenarios sometimes gives way to humor, so I'll at least say that the story succeeds in being amusing.