The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

My art work

Ptyra · 332 · 65663

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
I was hesitant about it at first, but I'm going to post some of my art for Disney Channel's most underrated of its three cartoons, Fish Hooks.

Most of it is Mr. Baldwin related...I kind of think he's one of the most dynamic characters on the show. And he's a seahorse. Seahorses are cool.
And of course, he had to fit into the seahorse persona of being a pregnant male.

I've started a set of comics of him trying to select the names for his four daughters, aided by the series protagonist Milo.

The main female protagonist is named "Bea", but her full name is Beatrice. Which is probably one of the reasons why it got knocked off the list.

I was too lazy to put the dots on his tie this time around...
Mr. Baldwin also says that he has eight older sisters. And with four little girls on the way, you can bet that the eight of them might come up with a really long list

The opening panels are actually from the show

The nice thing about them is that it's really easy to get them in character :lol .
I'm considering it being in four parts, but I'm not sure

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Okay, once more, I am updating.
Returning to my Dinotopia OCs, Penny and Krau...except there's been one dramatic change.

Krau, who was once a Stenontosaurus, is now a Tenontosaurus. And his abilities of human speech are probably dramatically reduced.

Their universe is also more book-based than the mini series and series.

Incubation box numbers are
12 14 16 20
13 15 17 21

I used this as a reference for Penny

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh wow!! Loving this! You've really improved and I love the atmosphere in this pic.
I love Penny's posture as she's leaning slightly forward. Krau (loving his redesign, btw) looks a little tentative (tentative for a tenotosaurus... stupid pun, I know :p)

And there's nothing wrong with moar Dinotopia fanart! Heck, I should be adding moar!!
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When I looked at your first few artworks posted in 2008 I truly wondered how you got this Fanart Award in 2010.. But then, more than one year later, you started producing pictures mainly of your Flyer fics (have you posted that fic(s) in the GoF meanwhile?) almost daily :wow
You kept improving, your Flyer characters look so great, I don't know if anyone ever told you how great the stories behind your OC's actually sound from what I heard while reading your comments on your own fanart as well as Pangaea's always constructively written critism that's likely the main reason why you became that skilled :yes
I'm a little bit disappointed that you haven't tried to do much artwork of the members of the Gang, only Petrie appears every now and then, Ducky appears twice with Petrie I think and the rest once if I'm not mistaken.
You discovered your own LBT-style so I really would like to see the others once in a while :yes
But that's just me :angel
Also, you generally haven't done any LBT-art in general for a long time as it seems :o
Inactive, probably forever.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
It's been long overdue for uploading some art on here, so I'm going to put up a sampling what I have on deviantart

A test doodle for different ways of drawing Daleks, and a different design of Dalek X.

And I still like the way it turned out, though there are areas that need work.

A little bit of the Avatar (cartoon) universe and some mild spoilers if you haven't read the comics...in which Koh the Face Stealer's mother plays an important role in one set...and is called the Mother of Faces. They have been estranged "since time began" (a phrase I have gone into great analysis over), and Koh steals the faces that his mother creates because he misses her...yet for some reason, won't return to her.

In the comic, Aang describes Koh as a "big ugly sow bug" to Mother of Faces, not knowing about their relationship quite yet. So I designed an infant Koh as a baby sow bug, which is tiny, white, and clings to their mother for a long time. Or whatever "time" is to them, since hypothetical, Koh was begat before time began.

I don't know how you can give a water spirit a black eye...but would she ever try.

Also, Mother of Faces is horribly hard to draw...

Another from the Avatar universe, is the OTP that I have the hardest time excusing. Raava and Vaatu are the spirits of order and chaos respectively, and they engage in battle to decide who will have control of the world (I think someone needs a lesson in how yin and yang actually work...). I designed a "balance offspring" that would have formed from their combined energies, which might have broken off during one of their battles.

In some unspecified (future) time, Raava would finally meet Prajap after being the Avatar spirit for thousands upon thousands of years, and somehow found a way to bring him to a very shocked Vaatu.

Prajap is also not very powerful at all, since balance is one of the hardest concepts to completely achieve. Which is pretty pitiful considering who inadvertently created him.

And finally, a revisit to Dinotopia...crossed over with Jurassic Park.

I'm doing a roleplay with my friend in Minneapolis, which is such a crossover. Dinotopia has a load of underground passageways, and their lengths haven't been explored. Since it seems to be in the right ocean to my calculations, they could probably reach Nublar. Which is where a (health and safety) inspector named Penny Lewis will find a stranded and close to death Muldoon. She rescues him with the aid of her Tenontosaurus companion, Prem, and bring him back with her to Dinotopia...which is about to face a disastrous plague of rats, followed by dinosaurs from both Nublar and Sorna.

Though, the rats are supposed to be the far greater threat...I mean this is what the image is on our roleplay page.

Onto the actual picture, which features the scene from the roleplay, when Penny surfaces to rescue a baby ankylosaurus that ran off.

And oh the problems...especially Prem. What's wrong with your bones, Prem?Muldoon should look SO much worse, but I haven't figured out what it would take to actually draw that damage. As for the raptor in the basket...this takes place after a story that my friend is writing about Muldoon's struggle for survival while he is stranded, and during that time, he cares for the baby raptor that hatched during the movie.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Long overdue art, though I doubt responses after not putting out art frequently after...three years?

I've been dabbling with crafting, and I crotcheted a teeny tiny Dalek with teeny tiny yard, and a teeny tiny crochet hook. I though I was going to give up, but I made it!

With a US quarter for size.

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://https://reia73.wordpress.com/
Ptyra is gorgeous! I think you did an excellent job of giving feminine attributes to a Flyer. :D I'm not even sure how it's done, but you certainly accomplished it.
And she looks like a good match for Pterano, too.  ;)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know if you mean if she captures his likeness well by that, but Ptyra is Pterano's daughter. Ada is his mate and Ptyra's mother.

This would be a good time to work on my latest revisions to the Ptyra story though, since I realized a lot in the story that doesn't fit Pterano's personality.
Basically, the update is "Pterano is better at being an uncle than a father."

fanciful_flyer

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://https://reia73.wordpress.com/
Quote from: Ptyra,Apr 4 2015 on  01:44 PM
I don't know if you mean if she captures his likeness well by that, but Ptyra is Pterano's daughter. Ada is his mate and Ptyra's mother.

This would be a good time to work on my latest revisions to the Ptyra story though, since I realized a lot in the story that doesn't fit Pterano's personality.
Oh. In that case, she probably wouldn't be a good match for Pterano.  :blink:  But I must have got the characters mixed up. I was referring to the Flyer who was widowed.  :)

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: fanciful_flyer,Apr 4 2015 on  01:11 PM
Quote from: Ptyra,Apr 4 2015 on  01:44 PM

Oh. In that case, she probably wouldn't be a good match for Pterano.  :blink:  But I must have got the characters mixed up. I was referring to the Flyer who was widowed.  :)
Ah, yes. I haven't worked with her in a super long time, so in my mind, she's a scrapped character.

The latest version of the story is:

Pterano and Ada were still a couple when they were young, and raised Ptyra (and her siblings) together. He wasn't a deadbeat father, but he wasn't great. He was more interested in entertaining his children than being a disciplinarian. Under his watch, they were allowed to do their own thing, which often got him in trouble with Ada and her father. Though he claimed not to have favorites, Ptyra got a little extra attention from him, probably because she looked the most like him. The whole family was separated when the Great Earthshake happened, when the children were adolescents. Ptyra and Pterano were both completely separated from Ada and the other children, who remained together until they found safety on their own. While Pterano joined the combined herds, Ptyra continued to be alone until, like Littlefood, she gathered up her own tiny ragtag herd of misfits, and together, they stumbled around the wilderness until finally reaching the Great Valley.

She continues to be different from Pterano in personality, perhaps even in opposition. Where Pterano is closed minded and charismatic, Ptyra is opened minded and...not so charismatic. She's bitter, blunt, and even a little sarcastic.

Mr. Clubtail

• Chomper
  • LITTLE THINGS ARE AWFUL I HATE EM!
    • View Profile
"I do think that fish is a bit too big for Ptyra's little tummy, though XD"

Haha Don't worry, Ptyra's stomach can expand like a vacuum cleaner bag XD
« Last Edit: October 26, 2019, 07:35:00 PM by Mr. Clubtail »