The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT 4 to 9 Review

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
They have just had a major update!  4 to 9 is now complete.

LBT 4 Review

LBT 5 Review

LBT 6 Review

LBT 7 Review

LBT 8 Review

LBT 9 Review

Haven't seen them yet, but I'm most interested in 5 and 9.  I really liked those sequels.  4 was decent.  6 to 8 is just a downhill deal. :( (Barely decent in my eyes if anything.)

I'll give my feelings for each as soon as I'm done watching them.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, okay!  I know I'm double posting here, but I really have to let this out!

The LBT 5 Review is just BORING!  I mean, this review wasn't even one bit entertaining.  I mean, I just didn't FEEL anything.  He wasn't reflecting his hatred nor his likeness in any areas.  He was just boring to listen to.

A complete video of BOREDOM!  That's what I felt with that review. :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
^ You might want to make a review video of it :lol

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^^ Actually, I plan on putting these up onto YouTube once I'm done with Dink, the Little Dinosaur. :)

Anyways, time to give my views on them.

LBT 4 Review

Okay, I liked this one.  He covered a lot and did make it entertaining.  I, however, feel that he could have covered a bit more.  He did miss out on the part when both Petrie and Ducky were caught by Icky.  It's one part of the movie I found entertaining, especially the part where Petrie went up against Icky to try to save Ducky.  I was hoping for him to cover it because it is a good sequence when one tends to take a good look at it.

Other than that, it was good.  He covered a lot.  Made some good jokes, and it was just entertaining.  I'm quite satisfied with it.

LBT 5 Review

Like I said earlier, BORING!  Next!

LBT 6 Review

Okay, this girl is actually good at this.  She really pointed out a number of things that were just wrong with this film.  To this day I still scratch my head at the "Auntie Cera" deal.  So many people would point out that Cera's WAY too young to be an aunt.  I still stand by my theory that she has a much older sister of some sort that we don't know about, but until it is concrete, it's just a big time piece of confusion to everyone.

I feel that this film is the reason they dropped Roy Allen Smith and replaced him with someone else.  Sure, he was good at writing the script and all, but this film was obviously part of the low point in his career.  It's just a bunch of confusion that really doesn't work out.

Anyways, back to the review at hand.

I also scratch my head at them jumping on bubbles like that and love her joke of AVGN and NC shouting, "HOW THE F*** IS THAT POSSIBLE!?", cause it really expresses my feeling on that scene.  I mean, how is that possible?  Those bubbles would've collapsed under their weight.  If there are some hidden physics behind this that I don't know about, please point it out, because I see this as completely impossible and so does everyone else.

Other than that, I found this entertaining and I could become a fan of her's, to be honest.  She was really good at this and pointed out a lot with this film.  Also, she made a lot of good jokes where they really counted.  The only real downside in all this, I just wish she had better lighting when it cut to her because, half the time, I really couldn't see her face.  That's a good key point with showing your own face when reviewing.  You need good lighting and so others can get a clear view of your expressions on the film.  It's an important tip and well worth following.

Besides that, this was a good review and well worth watching!  Way to go, girl!  You did a good job! :yes

---------

I will stop here because there's a lot to cover with the LBT 7 Review, but I just don't have the time.  I've got to get ready for work now.  So, see ya later! :)

JitteryDragon

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's an even better idea. Why doesn't the GOF form together to make their own series of reviews of all the sequel? True, some of them are quite informative and funny, but overall from what I've watched so far of the above videos, chances the end result would be WAAAAAAAY better.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: JitteryDragon,May 8 2010 on  08:17 AM
Here's an even better idea. Why doesn't the GOF form together to make their own series of reviews of all the sequel? True, some of them are quite informative and funny, but overall from what I've watched so far of the above videos, chances the end result would be WAAAAAAAY better.
Not all of us have the money go pay to get to where other members live.  I'd be up to do such a thing but if we were to do something like this it would probbaly have to be during the summer.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
But we wouldn't have to all get together to make a review that contains our opinions. All we'd have to really do is record our thoughts via video (or even audio, if we used plenty of voiceovers.)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I feel that this film is the reason they dropped Roy Allen Smith and replaced him with someone else. Sure, he was good at writing the script and all, but this film was obviously part of the low point in his career. It's just a bunch of confusion that really doesn't work out.
Actually LBT 4 was the last one directed by Roy Allen Smith while Charles Grosvenor's first, LBT 5, was also the first in which we had everything turn red in case of danger, that danger being a tsunami rolling from the shore towards the open sea. I don't know if Roy Allen Smith "was dropped" or if he left on his own accord.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: jedi472,May 8 2010 on  09:15 AM
All we'd have to really do is record our thoughts via video (or even audio, if we used plenty of voiceovers.)
Not all of of us have recording programs or video cameras to do a review of the movies.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I know of at least a few free programs...and I'm sure most of us have a digital camera or something that's capable of producing a recording. It wouldn't be a futile exercise to attempt making a review is what I'm trying to say.

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, Windows Movie Maker does have a narration option, which is basiclly just a recorder so that could work.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I"ve not seen some of them yet.  I did notice that in 7 the narrator didn't notice the kids shrinking who rode on the back of the large flyer.  That or he grew in size.   Part of what gave me the idea of a crossover of new mutants/x-men and lbt.  but that is another topic.  

I do agree with him that leaving it ambiguous as to what the rainbowfaces would have been better then what they did.  Or just not have them in the movie at all.  I find it odd that Ducky didn't scream while they were on the ground.  She, for some reason, waited till they were well in the air.

Looks like the guy in the 4 review missed how Ali got to the great valley and back to where Littlefoot is so fast.  I guess, like I've mentioned before.  She has the mass teleport power.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, let's continue.

LBT 7 Review

Okay, this guy is good!  He obviously knows what he's doing, despite having a camera that lags. :P:

I completely agree that it would've been better if they kept The Rainbowfaces a mystery, rather than giving the ending that they did.  Not to mention that the plot really didn't work.  What would dinosaurs want with magical powers anyways?

I also agree that Seirra shouldn't have felt when Ducky bit him on his nail.  I mean, it's a nail!  You can't feel pain on that!  It's like a layer of skin almost.

Plus, the thing of Fliers forgetting how to fly and Swimmers forgetting how it swim is just bogus.  This movie really doesn't work, does it?

A low point in the franchise.  I liked 8 more than this one.

LBT 8 Review

Okay, I can accept that she's going for the role of a villain for the review.  I can also accept that she has minions who are obviously smarter than she is, but they get beat up by her even when they do things right.  What I find a hard time believing though, is that her voice at times sounds very much like when Robin Williams did Ms. Doubtfire.  Seriously, her voice sounded like that at times. (Great!  Now I want to watch the movie! :lol: )

Anyways, this was a nice review.  I'm rather satisfied, to be honest.  I too find it hard to believe that Ducky never got downright mad at anyone until this point.  Then again, to be honest, I can only recall her getting angry or upset at times, but I'm having a hard time remembering if she ever got mad before this point.  Hmm, maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe this is the first time she was ever mad at someone.  Meh!  Who knows?

What I have a harder time believing though is that Ducky didn't know what to do when she was mad at someone.  When you're mad, you've really got to let it out.  I guess the writer wanted Cera and Ducky to interact without the boys around, but there are better plots to work with than this song scene they came up with for them to use for that one particular point!

I also agree that it's kind of strange during the snowball fight how Ducky is getting along with Spike and Tippy when she was upset at Spike both before and after that scene.  Really doesn't work, does it?

Plus, I just find a hard time believing that the frozen water was warm underneath.  Seriously, how does that work!?

Also, don't want to talk about "The Lesson".  Bad enough listening to it as it is.

What I will point out is her little mistake.  Dinosaurs are not cold-blooded.  They are in fact warm-blooded.  This was discovered when paleontologists found a fossilized dinosaur heart (Very difficult to find, BTW.  The right conditions need to be met for it to happen.) and found it's shape to be much like that of other warm-blooded creatures. (Warm-blooded creatures have 4 chambers in their heart.  Cold-blooded only have 3, and the one they found had 4 chambers.) However, with the fact that such news isn't passed around all that much, I guess it was easy to miss.

Anyways, good review of a not so good movie.  She did a nice job.

LBT 9 Review

Okay, to the credit of this reviewer, I feel that he did a good job giving the background of our most talented voice actor of the franchise, Rob Paulsen.  He's really not that appreciated in most reviews I find and it was nice to see someone giving him credit where it was due.

However, aside from that, I did not really enjoy this review.  I mean, this is one of my most favorite sequels and I really wasn't feeling it with this guy.  I understand he was trying to go at an angle with a guy who is out of touch with today's society, (Like WAY out of touch!) but it just didn't work in the end.

Also, I don't know what he has against Mo squirting water on everyone.  I found that to be rather funny and was something that made me like Mo in the end.  I guess everyone has different tastes in comedy.

I just wasn't feeling it with this guy and feel that someone else should have done it.

Well, that's all of them that are done so far!  Now we wait for 10.  I hope the one chosen for it covers as much of it's inconsistency as Malte did. :)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Quote from: Daddytops2009,May 15 2010 on  03:06 PM
ASSHOLES!
Was that necessary?

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I'm sorry guys.

Aanyway Alway Near from LBT 5 is one of the best parts.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I actually would have to disagree in part of the LBT IV review. I didn't find the movie too boring, but I agree with most of his other remarks. The LBT V review is probably the only one I was not too thrilled with. It's one of my favorite sequels as well and the guy who reviewed it didn't seem interested at all.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I do like 5 for the most part.  The only part that sorta bugs me a small amount is the somewhat Deus ex machina ending but I can look that over since by then the movie is almost over and they had to end it quickly.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
The Land Before 9: Journey To Big Water is definitely my favorite Land Before Time movie out of a majority of them due to it introducing my favorite character, Mo.

I watched a little bit of the review for that movie, and I didn't really like how the guy reviewed it one bit. He sounded a bit, oh I don't know.... stupid? Geez. I don't really care about his "tone" for reviewing Journey To Big Water, but that won't change the fact that it is undisputedly my favorite LBT movie of all time. However, I have to give him credit for giving Rob Paulsen credit where credit is due, and that's it. On the flip side, I just don't like how he reviewed it, especially with Mo squirting water at the gang. I mean, come on! Mo was just playing around, as it is in his nature to be playful, and likes having fun... just like I did when I was a kid. <3

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe some folks here who know how can do some of their own reviews of the LBT movies and maybe tv series.  Maybe similar to the way these were done with each person taking one movie.