The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Got Questions? Ask The Chronicler

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, Back in the late 2000s, I used to frequently watch certain reality shows with my mom (such as Survivor or The Amazing Race). I lost interest in such shows quite a while ago, but my mom still watches them all the time, and I don't mind the occasional glance if I happen to be passing through the room while she's watching them.

2, I simply avoid any contact with anyone for as long as possible. Talking or communicating with anyone for any reason will only escalate my stress, so all I really need is just some time to myself to cool off.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
What internet browser do you prefer using?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, Firefox, all the way! Internet Explorer fell out of favor long ago, and I never want to even touch Chrome because, unlike an absurd majority of people, I actually care about my privacy.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you have a sweet tooth?

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, I suppose you could say that (my favorite being anything Reese's)

2, BZPower.com, the Bionicle fansite which has been active since Bionicle began back in 2001 (though technical issues in 2010 forced them to switch to a different provider, and all the content from that old forum was lost in a hacker attack a few years later (quite a shame, as that period of time was when that site was by far the most active)). I originally joined way back in 2004, but it wasn't until 2012 that I began to regularly visit that forum every day, much like I do with this forum.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you watch any musicals?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, No. No interest there at all.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
When did you first become a Bionicle fan?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, Ah, now there is quite a story. I remember when the first Bionicle sets came out in 2001. I was in fifth grade, and some of my classmates had brought in their sets to sort of battle each other until the masks came off. I guess you could say I wanted to impress everyone by collecting all six sets in the "Toa" series, but by the time I eventually got them all, it was 2002 and my classmates had moved on to the new "Bohrok" series. I eventually got all six of those, but then came the "Toa Nuva" series, and only managed to get half of them when I realized there was another upcoming series (I later learned it was named "Bohrok-Kal") and figured there was no way I could keep up with all of that. But it wasn't long before I finally began to find out there was actually an epic storyline behind the sets, and by the end of 2003, I was devoted to closely following the story and desperately wanted every single set I could get my hands on (starting with getting the rest of the Toa Nuva and then all the other series that came after). And that continued for years all the way up to 2010 when the theme was finally ended. I honestly can't think of many people who have amassed a collection quite as extensive as mine.

2, Neither, actually. Never tried either of them, and I have no interest in trying either of them anytime soon.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Do you like animals better overall than humans?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Aside from LBT, are there any shows/movies/etc. you enjoyed as a child that you're still a fan of to this day?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, I am completely indifferent to animals. I don't mind them and would never deliberately harm them, but I don't really care much for them and find them far less interesting than a lot of other things.

2, I don't think Bionicle would count since I first really got into it in late 2003, right around my 13th birthday. Prior to that, the only shows I was really heavily into was Land Before Time (don't watch it much these days, but still interested enough to stick around here) and Ed, Edd, n' Eddy (It was definitely my absolute favorite show around 2000-2003, but I hardly ever even think about it anymore these days). Something else I also enjoyed watching as a kid were some of those Eyewitness videos I used to rent from the local library, and it was only a few months ago that I discovered not only were they actually part of a series, but that entire series can be found on an official YouTube channel. (I have not yet had a chance to watch any of those videos, but it's certainly something I'd like to get around to at some point.) Here&#039;s the link, if you&#039;re interested.
Here's the link, if you're interested.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2019, 09:36:50 PM by The Chronicler »

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What decade in the past would you time travel to if given the chance?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, The 1990s, because it was that special time after the Cold War ended but before the War on Terror began, meaning that this decade was the only period of time since the start of WWII where America was not involved in any major worldwide conflicts. Not to mention, I also have a bit of childhood nostalgia for how we used to watch movies and videos on those cassette tapes.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What videos do you typically enjoy watching?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1, Well, I guess it really depends on your definition of "video". I watch at lot of shows on TV and sometimes have to see them at a later time, and there's a few movies I occasionally like to watch. In terms of YouTube videos, I honestly have been too busy lately to even bother with it, but once I do eventually manage to get some time to spare, I think what I'll most likely prefer to watch would be playthrough videos of other people playing all the various Lego video games I've played (I've found two channels for such: packattack for just a quick guide of what the game offers and how to complete it; Blitzwinger for the entertainment of his commentary). But like I said, I've been a little to preoccupied with other priorities to bother wasting my time with watching videos, regardless of how much I would in fact like to watch them.

- Berix

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
What is your opinion of the ocean?