The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What was the point of the OTHER story in 6?

Guest · 3 · 890

Bruton the Iguanodon

Not that awesome story Grandpa told at the begining, which was honestly one of the higher points of the film. I'm talking about the stupid fairy-tale Littlefoot SUNG. What was the point of all of that? We kow it's not true not only cause it's impossible but because we already got THE lone dinosaur story. According to the wiki:

The song, "The Legend of the Lone Dinosaur" is sung by Littlefoot, as he tries to convince his friends that the mysterious Doc, a lone longneck who has stopped in the Valley, is the Lone Dinosaur. The story Littlefoot tells is clearly made up, being farfetched, but this does not stop it from convincing the other youngsters that Doc is indeed the Lone Dinosaur (Though whether or not he actually is is never actually clarified in the film)

Whether he is is up to your opinion, I guess.

But anyways that was the last thing that should have convinced the kids of this. Cera is smarter then that, Petrie is smarter then that, Ducky is smarter then that, and heck, even Spike is smarter then that.

The song had an ok tune but the chorus was really annoying and the animation was at it's worst yet for the "fantasy sequences".

Well, thank god for "Bad Luck". Now that was a decent song.  ;)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'm not sure why you felt the need to create a new topic about this. You've already asked numerous times about this song.

The song doesn't convince everybody. Cera doesn't believe it from the start, as she points out that Grandpa Longneck said the story happened a long time ago. Petrie then immediately agrees with her, but then again it's arguable that Petrie is willing to agree with just about anything that the others think. Ducky may have been the only one that stuck with Littlefoot's belief that Doc was the Lone Dinosaur, and who knows what Spike was thinking.

The whole point of the song was to show how stories are usually passed down from generation to generation. Grandpa Longneck told it to Littlefoot and his friends, so Littlefoot decided to tell his own legend to the his friends. Also, he could have been overly excited with the thought that Doc may be the Lone Dinosaur which would cause him to add certain things into the story, or maybe these were things Grandpa Longneck told him off screen. We don't really know.

I think you might be over analyzing the song a bit. Yeah it's not the best song in the franchise, but I think it's a pretty harmless song meant to show Littlefoot's fantasizing over what the Lone Dinosaur is.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Well, by now you guys have probably realized I have a problem obsessing over stuff I shouldn't. It's something I need to learn to get under control. I'm sorry.