The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Top 10 favorite groups/artists?

Guest · 18 · 3998

Bruton the Iguanodon

I'm a music lover, and thought making this topic would be fun, espicially since it's a break from LBT. The topic is exactly what is says on the tin: who are your top 10 favorite musicians? For me this question is very hard. An artist has to have had a very successful career to make it onto my list. But...some have. So...in no particular order, here are my top 10:

1. Enya: loved her since I was little. Her music is just beautiful...it will never grow old.
2. Evanescence: Wow. What an amazing group. Their dark, mysterious sound is enough to entice the soul of any being.
3. Janet Jackson: From what I've heard, she is simply amazing. A gal with the voice of an angel.
4. ADELE: Her music is so meaningful and beautiful...so young, so talented.
5. Within Temptation: Their music soars through the air like wind and crashes like thunder. Few groups can possibly equal them.
6. Bullet for my Valentine: This group, from what I've heard, is perhaps the most extrodinary rock group ever. Their music is wild, fun, and full of power and awesomness!
7. Linkin Park: Very dark music sometimes, but still outstanding. May they continue to have a great career.
8. Michelle Branch: Wow, talk about having a strong career at a young age. For her 17 years "The Spirit Room" is one of the best teeny bopper albums ever. And she's HOT.
9. Madonna: Although once simply the classic material girl most people usually think of her as, Madonna had quite an extrodinary music career during the 90's and early-to-mid 2000's. "Ray of Light" is her most extrodinary album.
And 10...Da-da-da da...

Lady Gaga. OK, call me completely weird, but that gal is pretty awesome. All of her songs are catchy, fun, and sometimes meaningful (e.g. "Born this way")). She's completely weird, but that's what makes her so awesome. Go LG, I hope you have a long and successful career!  :smile

And now...onto everyone else.

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Hey! Looks like we've got something in common, Bruton! I love Lady Gaga too!
Here are my fave artists.

1. The Cure. That band is always there to give me titles to my stories if I need one. And that's just awesome. Such as Lost in a Forest. That story title came from the 1980 Cure single, "A Forest." XD

2. Simple Minds. Jim Kerr is just completely radical!  :lol

3. Hurts. That band puts the awe in awesome, yo! They're like a combination of The Cure, Simple Minds, and Depeche Mode, with a small hint of Lady Gaga. Their songs are so beautiful! And epic too! XD

4. And that brings me to Lady Gaga. To be honest, I didn't always like her. But then I learned more about her and her single Born This Way hit the charts. That song, like, totally inspired me to be more creative! It described me so well! I was impressed! And I ended up falling heads over heels in love with her music.  :DD

5. Nickelback. Chee they sure know how to put the guitar in Guitar Hero! I love their music! Especially When We Stand Together.  :DD

6. Evenescence. Okay, their just epically awesome. Nuff said. XD

7. KJ 52- EH OH WE DO THE TWEEZY DANCE! WE DO THE TWEEZY DANCE!! Oh yeah! Christian hip hop is the bomb!  :DD  :lol

8. Pillar. I havent heard alot of his stuff, but his song Fireproof is just one of the most amazing songs I've heard! I'd say it'd be perfect for Pterano in Under a Yellow Moon. XD

9. Nightwish. Again, only heard some of her music, but it sure is amazing. Amaranth is my fave song sung by her. So epic, so beautiful! Perfect song for Devon! XD

10. Avantasia. Once again, or more like thrice again.  :lol I've only heard a few of their songs. But Twisted Mind is so awesome! I just had to list them!

Okay here's a few bonuses.

11. Symphony X. Same with this band. Their song Paradise Lost is just so beautiful! Another song for Pterano.  :lol

12. Launa Coil. Again. Only listened to one of her songs. But Closer is just too cool to be unlisted.  :DD

Okay, enough of my babbling for now. XD
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Bruton the Iguanodon

Hey! Looks like we've got something in common, Bruton! I love Lady Gaga too!

Awesome! Thanks for replying!   :smile

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
In no particular order:

1. Blink-182. Easily my favorite band of all time ever since elementary school. Travis Barker is a maniac drummer.

2. Linkin Park. A lot of people like to criticize them for sounding emo, but I think they are plain awesome.

3. Muse. My brother introduced this band to me in high school, and I'm glad he did. My favorite British band without a doubt.

4. Evanescence/We Are the Fallen. I put these two together because I love them both equally. There is constant debate over which one is better, considering that both bands were made up of three of the same members. In my opinion, both bands are awesome.

5. Foo Fighters. I like this group better than Nirvana. Dave Ghrol is an amazingly talented musician, and he really shines in this band.

6. Skillet. I only got into them a couple years ago, and I'm so glad I did. Not a very well known band, but they are still awesome.

7. 30 Seconds to Mars. Again, a band my brother introduced to me in high school. I've seen them live a couple times and they are incredible!

8. The Subways. Another British band my brother introduced to me a couple years ago. Not really well known, but they are incredible.

9. Velvet Revolver. I actually like this band better than Guns N' Roses. Why? Because I can't stand Axel Rose. He is the biggest prick in the music industry.

10. Rage Against the Machine/Audioslave. Again, like Evanescence and We Are the Fallen, these two bands are made by three of the same members, and both are awesome.

Honorable Mentions:

11. Slipknot

12. System of a Down

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Oh I forgot to mention someone!

13. Madonna. She's another artist that puts the awe in awesome. Eeeyup! XD
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Damn, this is going to be hard... No order. Bet most people haven't heard of these artists.

1.) Sabaton - Raw, high energy power metal about historical events/wars. Great BGM for writing action sequences.

2.) Nightwish - Intense metal riffs, coupled with dazzlingly powerful voice of Tarja and beautiful orchestral.

3.) Hammerfall - Intense, epic power metal. Great BGM for writing action sequences.

4.) Astral Projection - Hypnotic, droning but fast electronic beats. Great while for getting high.

5.) Zetan Spore - Hypnotic, droning but fast electronic beats. Also great while for getting high.

6.) Juno Reactor - Fast electronic beats. Great for dancing while to get high.

7.) Chi-AD - Slower, throbbing electronic hypnotic beats. Also great while for getting high.

8.) Two Steps From Hell - Intense orchestral/choral pieces. Great BGM for writing action sequences.

9.) Kristopher Carter, Shirley Walker, Lolita Ritmanis (Batman Beyond OST) - Soaring, intense, powerful dirty, gritty industrial rock that captures the atmosphere of Gotham City in the future.

10.) Martin O'Donnell and Michael Salvatori (Halo 2 OST) - A dazzling combination of Gregorian chant, orchestral, hard rock, metal and electronica.

-------

Honorable mentions:

X-Ray Dog
Immediate Music
Jeremy Soule
James Shimoji

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
1. P!nk (Alecia Beth Moore)
2. Linkin Park
3. Nickelback
4. Evanescence
5. Disturbed
6. Rev Theory
7. Motˆrhead
9. The Rasmus
10. Meredith Brooks

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
No order

1.Iced Earth
2.Hammerfall
3.Rammstein
4.Lake Of Tears
5.Sabaton
6.System Of A Down
7.Blind Guardian
8.Manowar
9.Disturbed
10.Iron Maiden

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
My 10"
 1 Queen. one of the greatest bands of alltime. freddie mercury could sing anything, heck he even did opera
2. Ray Charles. one of the first inductees into the rock hall of fame. when you're going in with Elvis, you're an alltime great
3. Elton john. the 'rocket man' was the voice of the 70s, but also did the lion king and road to el dorado
4 Adele. Has an amazing voice,and looks like shes going to have a very long, successful carrer
5 Micheal Jackson. Ok for the last 15 years of his life he changed more in looks than madonna goes through boyfriends, but thriller remains a touchstone in music, and the guy was a singular talenmt
6 Madonna. the best selling woman artst of alltime, without her there would be no gaga or britney
7. christina aguilera. the girl has some amazing pipes. my favorite song of hers is hurt.
8 Aerosmith. Another great rock and roll band whos had a great carrer 'fly away from here' rocks
9 micheal buble. can sing like sinatra, and has that 'cool' vibe that most sngers dont.
10. evansencse. the name means empheral - ghostlike. amy lee has a great voice, and i'm drawn in everytime one of thier songs pops up.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Here's my top 10:

1.  Nightwish - So far the ONLY group I managed to see in concert!
2.  Sabaton - One I plan to see in concert
3.  Within Temptation
4.  Two Steps from Hell
5.  Rhapsody of Fire - The first group that got me into symphonic metal
6.  Disturbed
7.  Skillet
8.  Evanescence
9.  Sean Paul - Most of his early works
10.  Rihanna - Her early works in reggaeton

Honorable mentions:

11.  Michael Jackson - When I was hooked on pop music
12.  Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - My favorite modern swing band

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I seriously have way too many fave artists to simply say: top ten...
But I will try...

1) MUSE - epic, British rock band with songs aplenty on rebellions and revolutions!!

2) Enya - soothing, haunting Celtic melodies that always put me in, dare I say, a religious state of mind ;)

3) Owl City - simplistic, straightforward. I love this guy to death

4) Green Day - I AM an American idiot!!  Just kidding, tho... these guys crack me up

5) F.U.N. - for they most certainly are

6) The Script

7) One Republic

8) Coldplay and Maroon 5 - liked equally

9) Imagine Dragons - I'm Radioactive.... ;)

10) KEANE! :DD

Here's 11) The Killers - cuz somebody told me...
==
honorable mentions - Beatles, Kotke, Classical masters, Miles Davis, Allman Bros, general 60's - 90's rock groups. (Rooney, Phantom Planet, Guster, Franz Ferdinand, Travis, Dashboard Confessional, - screams - Jeff Buckley, ETC.) Old Blue Eyes, Bing, Ella ;)
I HAVE TOO MANY FAVORITES :(
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Here's my Top 10:

1) Billy Squier - The reason why he's at the top is because I listened to his songs all the time when I was a kid. He's just THAT good. xD

2) Queen - One of THE greatest bands of all time. 'Nuff said.

3) Shaggy - What can I say? I'm also a sucker for Reggae music... not JUST Rock.  :lol

4) Michael Jackson - Despite all the bad things he ever did, I just have to put him on this list because his songs are extremely dynamic and phenomenal.  :D

5) Maroon 5 - Simply amazing. That's all I have to say.

6) Nickelback - This group has simply amazing songs. Nothing more to be said.

7) Rascal Flatts - Same reason as above, plus I look like their lead singer, Gary LeVox.  :D

8) Crush 40 - This group is definitely dynamic. They're mostly known for performing songs for the Sonic the Hedgehog series of video games, such as Open Your Heart, Live & Learn, His World, What I'm Made Of, and Knight of the Wind.

9) Daughtry - Another amazing group.

10) Gym Class Heroes - I just love this group. They have some pretty "lulzy" songs such as Cookie Jar and Cupid's Chokehold, but that's what makes them so good.  :lol

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
1. Aphex Twin
2. Arash
3. Urker
4. Sopho Khalvhasi
5. Inga & Anus Arshakyans
6. Altan Urag
7. Jean Michel Jarre
8. Vangelis
9. SoundLift
10. Shahrizoda

OllyDirectioner

• Chomper
    • View Profile
1) The Beatles
3) Lady Gaga
4) Katy Perry
5) Britney Spears
5) One Direction
6) Olly Murs
7) Christina Aguilera
8) Mostly anything sung by the Glee cast <3
9) Spice Girls
10) Janet Jackson

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
These are only some of the bands/singers I like. There is more; but, I couldn't think of them at the top of my head.

1) Crush 40
2) Disturbed
3) Supertramp
4) Meat Loaf
5) The Guess Who
6) The Beatles
7) The Eagles
8) Alanis Morissette
9) Rage Against The Machine/Audioslave
10) Beach Boys

:wave  :yes  :p  :D  :smile

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
My top 10 in no particular order

1: Eminem
2: Everlast/House Of Pain
3: 3rd Bass (mostly Mc Serch)
4: Vanilla Ice
5: George Straight
6: Queen Latifah
7: Eric Clapton
8: Elton John
9: Tim McGraw
10:Beastie Boys
Life Is Good

Sable

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://ravenclawdirewolf.tumblr.com
1. Marina and the Diamonds
2. Lana Del Rey
3. Taylor Swift
4. Halsey
5. Imagine Dragons
6. Melanie Martinez
7. Lorde
8. Fall Out Boy
9. Florence + the Machine
10. Ellie Goulding

HotelValleyfornia

• Shark took my leg, brah!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • All aboard the Hyperfixation Express!
    • View Profile
(Casually revives a long-dead thread  :bestsharptooth )

1. Owl City
2. Halestorm
3. Three Days Grace
4. Linkin Park
5. Elton John
6. Ariana Grande
7. The Dirty Tricks (That band that appears all over the Stoked soundtrack, if you weren't aware)
8. "Weird Al" Yankovic
9. Nightwish
10. Boys Like Girls (I’ve only heard a few of their songs, but “Thunder” and “Be My Everything” are just THAT good)
Current hyperfixation: Total Drama

Yacht life! :DD