The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Most Disliked LBT Movie

Mornai · 177 · 23569

Poll

Which Land Before Time movie do you dislike the most?

1. The Land Before Time
1 (2.7%)
2. The Great Valley Adventure
0 (0%)
3. The Time of the Great Giving
0 (0%)
4. Journey Through the Mists
1 (2.7%)
5. The Mysterious Island
0 (0%)
6. The Secret of Saurus Rock
3 (8.1%)
7. The Stone of Cold Fire
0 (0%)
8. The Big Freeze
0 (0%)
9. Journey to Big Water
2 (5.4%)
10. The Great Longneck Migration
0 (0%)
11. Invasion of the Tinysauruses
6 (16.2%)
12. The Great Day of the Flyers
0 (0%)
13. The Wisdom of Friends
22 (59.5%)
14. Journey of the Brave
2 (5.4%)

Total Members Voted: 37

craZ4knux

• Ruby
    • View Profile
i picked 13, i haven't gotten the dvd yet, so i watched it on youtube a few weeks ago.  i didn't care much for it, just didnt like those darn yellow-bellies. if i could choose a second, i'd vote for 11, i liked it alittle better than 13, but it still wasn't as good as it could've been. oh well...

i was surprised when i saw LBT1 had a vote, i was expecting it to have none o_0
....hmm..

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: craZ4knux,Aug 14 2009 on  08:44 PM
i was surprised when i saw LBT1 had a vote, i was expecting it to have none o_0
....hmm..
LBT 1 is a Classic it can never be hated
except for my friend who hates the movie because its too sad  :lol she also hates the fox and the hound.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I personally disliked the Journey to Big Water the most... because it was an unoriginal theme to the movie series (An Ocean Episode had already been done) and because the whole plot was just an excuse to include a fish with a unique voice.

I have no beef against Moe, but for a character so pronounced I would have expected a slightly better plot.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Any specific reason you folks dislike 3 and 11.  Just curious and some others may wish to say their opinions of those movies, maybe a pleasant debate sort of thing.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Mar 10 2008 on  11:49 AM
In all honesty, there is not a LBT movie I don't like.  I love 'em all :D.
Me Too that were all Good.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Lillefot,Jul 22 2008 on  04:10 PM
Hm, guess I'm one of the few that really likes LBT XI. I really like that movie! Don't really know why. Just like it. :^.^:
I kinda fancy the Tinysauruses.
Count me in on that one, I really liked that Movie to.  What really made it more interesting was Tria stepping in.    :lol Cera couldn't catch herself due to the amount of Jealously build up inside her.

General Grievous

• Spike
    • View Profile
13 sucked and every reason why has already been stated.  I'll also add the animation was crappy and the title was stupid.  I was hoping the last film in the series would be better.  

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
I don't like 10. The voice actor playing Littlefoot annoyed me (Didn't sound right and seemed completely out of character), and I found it impossible to focus on the film.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/TabalugaDragon
Quote from: Malte279,Mar 10 2008 on  09:14 AM
Is it so weird not to like LBT 7? As far as I am concerned it was the first LBT movie I had a serious problem with. There were very good elements of course. Pterano is a very interesting character and I like the song "Beyond the Mysterious Beyond", but the departure of the rainbowfaces really annoyed me a lot. I don't think such obvious aliens from outer space references are a good idea for LBT movies. Keeping them more mysterious or more "normal" would have improved the movie I think.
I see LBT 7 ABSOLUTELY perfect!There are many reasons, I don't know why, but when I first watched it I didn't like it.There were no natural disasters like there were in movies 5 and 6 and it seemed for me  not as much action as it was earlier. but when I re-watched it I realized that it's genius.
At first,, it wasn't starting ordinary, Petrie as a narrator was Hilarous :lol
The second it was drawn about 5 times better than any of previous movie, soo awesome pictures, I even made a screen shot gallery of this movie in my computer, because there many different color themes in this movie, from the flying comet and mountains in the light of sunrise, to volcano erupting and green cave with aliens helping Main characters.
 Third it it's not childish as any previous sequel, there are many adult talks, and main characters also don't speak like babies or something.And this movie can be watched by the whole family, as it was with the first movie, none of previous sequels are on this level
Fourth is that The Soundtrack is just awesome, no match to 1-st movie of course, but... When Petrie is falling into a lake and Littlefoot is swimming to save him there are always tears in my eyes, I wish the whole cartoon was a great as this.
Fifth is Science fiction and the Aliens!!!It seemed impossible for such realistic cartoon like LBT to include SciFi, but it did, which brought much freshness to the whole movie series.The Best thing of all in this was that it didn't interrupt the main storyline, and if these Rainbow-faced dinosaurs were real dinosaurs it would be a bit boring and expectable.
I insist to rewatch it for all of you my friends  :)  :idea  :exactly  :add

About Movie I dislike it was The Great Valley adventure,.
I watched it when I was 11 and didn't like it, mostly because it's no match to the first movie, and it ruined my expections.
Then I downloaded all other movies when I was 17 and made myself watch all of them to remember childhood, but later sequels after 2-d movie were a bit better, than it, I didn't like it because it was too childish, even looked made for babies, if when I was 11 I didn't like it. "Petrie, we can not fly, poor Petrie" So much baby lines in it.it seems that movie was  made for Pre-schoolers
I have nothing to hate any of LBT movies for. They all are Great Especially movies 7-12.
And Movie 11 isn't so bad as well after rewatching, trust me!!
 :exactly

P.S. Could someone give me a link to topic about Favorite movie where I can vote too?Please send a PM

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Apr 9 2008 on  02:42 PM
Ya know, the people at Universal should pay attention to threads like this.  Then they can see that they really fouled up on #11 and 13, but no one has voted #12 as the worst movie.  They could then analyze the information and use it to their advantage when creating LBT 14.
I think They also should pay attention to those which are not disliked much Movies 7-10 were awesome :angel

2007excalibur2007

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Most disliked LBT movie.... for me, that would have to be the 13th film. Although I kinda like the yellow bellies, the whole idea of the plot seems... pretty random. If you ask me, I think the producer's ran out of GOOD ideas, forcing him to just make whatever comes to his mind - in this case: a fat, tail-feathered, yellow-bellied dinosaurs who can't think straight for once. lol :p

LBTFan

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I dislike The 13th movie. It¥s a bit too childish for me.

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Could someone give me a link to favorite movie voting?Reply or PM Please

Petrie157578641

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTFan,Nov 2 2009 on  09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure LBT II is much more childish, LBT 13 at least had good jokes and not baby-dialogues

SouthPawRacer

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.racedepartment.com/
Quote from: Petrie157578641,Nov 2 2009 on  08:08 AM
I see LBT 7 ABSOLUTELY perfect!There are many reasons, I don't know why, but when I first watched it I didn't like it.There were no natural disasters like there were in movies 5 and 6 and it seemed for me  not as much action as it was earlier. but when I re-watched it I realized that it's genius.

<snip>

Fifth is Science fiction and the Aliens!!!It seemed impossible for such realistic cartoon like LBT to include SciFi, but it did, which brought much freshness to the whole movie series.The Best thing of all in this was that it didn't interrupt the main storyline, and if these Rainbow-faced dinosaurs were real dinosaurs it would be a bit boring and expectable.
I insist to rewatch it for all of you my friends  :)  :idea  :exactly  :add
In that post, you have said everything I ever wanted to say about LBT7. :smile

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who reckons the Rainbow-Faces' extra-terrestrialism was awesome. Some people may want to strangle me when they read this (kidding, kidding... :nyah ) but LBT and Sci-fi just make my day. 7 was also the most mature of the sequels in my opinion, and for these reasons it's my favourite. :yes

Back on-topic: as for least favourite... eh... I don't know. I've only watched up to LBT9, so I can't really say. But you can be assured that I will NEVER watch LBT13. Not unless I'm bound and gagged and made to sit through it. <_< :lol

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
LBT 7 is not my least favorite LBT movie, but I don't share your very high opinion of some of the aspects of it which you pointed out. The color themes for example included green lava which didn't seem very fitting as for as I am concerned. The computer animated scenes, (most strikingly in the introduction) looked very artificial to me (fitting in much less smoothly than computer generated elements in other sequels). Most importantly of all however were what I feel to be serious flaws in the plot. While in some cases they seemed to be rather vague about details (what exactly the powers of the stone were supposed to be) they were extremely explicit about other things which might have been easier to swallow if kept mysterious (the rainbowfaces). Then there were quite a few scenes which I feel are highly unrealistic (and I am talking of unrealistic in an LBT context, not with the measures of our world which of course cannot be imposed on a fiction about talking dinosaurs). Examples for this lack of realism include for example the timing. Even with the vague reference to the storm slowing them down it doesn't make much sense that the flyers, who set out a LONG time before Littlefoot and the others ever left the Valley, to be caught up with by Littlefoot and the others long before they even reached Threehorn Peak (just for reference compare that traveling time to the time it took Petrie to get to the Big Water in LBT 9). Considering the rough terrain (and Littlefoot's astonishment of the rainbowfaces catching up in spite of the two being grownups of a much more nimble species) it really doesn't make much sense that the kids could catch up with the flyers. But like that was not enough it must have been REALLY a very short flight for the rescue party which arrived just in time for the showdown on Threehorn Peak (while dinosaur shaped rocks have sort of a tradition in LBT by now I think the shape of that one was really pushing the boundaries of realism as well).
Another serious flaw is about that rescue party. One grown up flyer (even a Quetzalcoatlus) being able to carry a single one of the larger kids (Littlefoot, Cera, and Spike) would have been rather questionable. But that one flyer carrying all three of them or rather letting them ride (they were just standing on his back while he was sailing down to earth showing not the slightest indication of being nervous during that trip or holding on to the flyer) was really deus ex machina (tricky situation solved by miraculous means) at its worst.
But not only the way down the mountain was very unrealistic, but so was the way up. Riding that steam fountain in that cave of green lava on a conveniently available piece of rock solid enough to allow all of them to stand on it, light enough to be blown to the top of the mountain and so perfect a match for the "barrel" of the volcano... I would not let that one pass as plausible in a fanfiction and much less so in an actual movie.
Another point of flawed realism is that obviously Cera was told about the Pterano incident by her dad before but that, in spite of the sensitivity of the whole matter she had just forgotten about it all. But not only did she forget about it, it never occurred to her or anyone to ask Cera's Dad when the other grownups didn't mention. Their secrecy in general is again very unlikely.
Why would the grownups on the one hand warn the kids but then not tell them why? I would accept this for Petrie's mother who might want to offer some protection to Pterano (though we don't ever even see her talk privately to him before the whole incident), and I guess Ducky's mother too might be oversensitive enough not to tell Ducky and Spike. But with Cera's Dad who apparently told forgetful Cera about it before and Littlefoot's grandparents who I daresay would care a lot more about the safety of the kids than the feelings of Pterano in this context, it just doesn't make any sense at all.

Again, I don't consider land before time 7 as "only" bad. I love the inclusion of some dark elements along with one of the most memorable guest characters the land before time has ever had. But I do think that in many ways I think it was a wasted chance for a story that could have been REALLY good if they had put some more effort into it.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie157578641,Nov 2 2009 on  09:37 AM
Quote from: LBTFan,Nov 2 2009 on  09:12 AM
I'm pretty sure LBT II is much more childish, LBT 13 at least had good jokes and not baby-dialogues
I liked it when Doofah snatched Cera up and gave her a big ol' bearhug while tellin' Cera she's beautiful :lol.  Cera's expression during that scene puts me in stitches :nyah.  In fact, I could imagine a Visa Mastercard commercial bein' created with that scene:

Announcer: "Having to go see the doctor for complaints of soreness: Thirty dollars with health insurance.  Being treated for cracked ribs: Three thousand dollars.  The cost of water to wash up after having the crap scared out of you: Twenty dollars.  Having a stranger give you a hug and compliment you and make you feel special: priceless.  There are simple sources of happiness money can't buy.  For everything else, there's Mastercard."

:lol

Some may not have found this funny, but the scene in which Ducky and Petrie got farted on by an unidentified yellowbelly was quite funny :spit.  I think it was the combination of shock factor and sympathy for Ducky and Petrie that made me find it funny.  Poor things, havin' to sleep under a pile-up of yellowbellies then recieve a yellowbelly rendition of a Dutch oven first thing in the mornin'.  It's a good thing it wasn't Cera who got it.  She would've been pissed :lol!  

Oh, that reminds me.  The wisdom Cera revealed to Littlefoot when he woke her up was hilarious :spit.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
I like ALL the sequels!

But... if you compare LBT1 with LBT13, you'll see a huge difference. xD While LBT1 is really sad, LBT13 is... crazy, funny, and... random, lol!

But I enjoyed LBT13 as well as the original movie and all the other sequels.