The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ten years

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
August 1st. Today is kind of a jubilee for me. On August 1st 2000 I found an online forum, the one at N54, for the first time. I posted the following message as my first ever online entry on the land before time.
By now the N54 board has become rather silent, but it still is a highly interesting archive and I will always look back to it affectionately and with gratitude. My attempts to find the founder of that board again (who became inactive relatively soon) have been in vain. It was on that board that I got to know Adam and I think that it is there that the foundation for the GOF was laid. A good number of you used to post there before you came to the GOF, and it is there that I met another land before time fan for the first time and I'm still in contact with her (though I could never talk her into joining the GOF ;)).
Ten years is quite some time and quite some development has taken place. It is funny now to read some of the messages from back then.
Well, ten years are past now, let's get ready for the next decade  :smile

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Wow. I'd say that was a pretty big day in LBT online fandom history. If you hadn't made that first post, the GOF would be extremely different than it is now, if it existed at all. :yes

Happy LBT posting decennial, Malte! :smile
:birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday :birthday
:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

(Next year we can celebrate your first LBT posting schnappszahl! ;))

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
And your English has improved greatly too. ;) ;)  I remember helping you often with it.  I think I joined one year after you....something like that because 2001 was when I started fiddling with web services online.

Things would have probably turned out differently if Malte wasn't around that's for sure! :D

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Correction, two years later because here is where Malte welcomed me to the board fandom: http://www.network54.com/Forum/26773/messa...32/Welcome+here!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Happy 10th anniversary.  Going to do anything special today?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
10 years... that is indeed a great number!  :o
Congratulations to your anniversary, Malte!  :celebrate  :cheers  :celebrate

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
10 years... Quite amazing to think about how much that happens during such a time span. Even for an LBT fan forum. :)

Congratulations on the anniversary Malte. :)
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Yeesh, a whole decade! That's a major milestone, for sure! And what a fortuitous day in the history of the LBT fandom :smile
Congratulations, Malte- live it up!  :celebrate

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Wow.  Talk about a legacy.  Just think.....back then people were using Windows 98 (or maybe 2000).  XP hadn't even been released yet.  Now we've gone through Vista and are now at Windows 7. :D Damn, things sure do change fast.  I can't wait to see where we'll be in another 10 years. :smile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe if some lbt members live near to you you can plan a get together to celebrate and have a party to celebrate.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There had been some considering of Gus and Pat coming over to my place (though the ten years were not the thought behind this). Unfortunately we couldn't find a date that was okay with all three of us. The GOF member who lives closest to my place happens to be in Canada at the moment (and even for her it would be some distance). Its kind of odd that I life in one of the most populous regions of Germany (of Europe in fact) but all other land before time fans from this country seem to live way down south or east so no occasional visit is possible just like that :(

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is to bad.  Maybe you can arrange several meetings over the year with some who can attend this one, some that one ect.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Congratulations Malte.  That is quite an achivement.:)

Petrie.

• Hatchling
    • View Profile
Its kind of odd that I life in one of the most populous regions of Germany (of Europe in fact) but all other land before time fans from this country seem to live way down south or east so no occasional visit is possible just like that

Well I kind of know how that feels....except I'm the opposite...I live in small town upstate NY and that chances of finding anyone remotely close is nil. :(  I know of the NYC folk here but you won't get me to drive anywhere near the city.  Idiots drive 2cm from each other there.

Chilli18

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Congratulations Malte...wow 10 years...amazing

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Wow! Ten years! Seems like an age thinking that back then you made your very first post and interacted with other LBT fans online. Quite the achievement. I remember you were one of the first people to welcome me to the N54 forum. The start of a great friendship (if not too bold to say ;) ). Still, congrats on your 10year anniversary of LBT forum...going...on-ness :p  :DD Here's to many more years yet to come matey! A trophy worthy achievement ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The start of a great friendship (if not too bold to say ;)).

Not at all too bold to say ;)

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
And indeed it was ;) Thanks for that buddy!  :smile