The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Lion King RP

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So no real set plot? Honestly I feel it would be best bet to have least a basic plot line or everyone will just run around doing their own thing and there will be no real story.

And I find plotless stories to be boring to be honest, if it's just a short RP some friends and I do on Skype then no plot is fine with me since we're just RPing a randomly made up character out of boredom, but if the RP is meant to be longterm, I prefer a story or I get easily bored.

Of course it's your RP and your choice, but from Roleplaying on other websites like Feral Heart for one most Roleplays without plots never last long. Of course theres expectations for everything it's just something I noticed.

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
The plot will get going once nick22 posts kopa's arrival.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i'll do that in a couple posts.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Ok, I'll set the scene up by having Rafiki receive a vision of kopa's return.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
again rocky your post needs editting, kopas exile had nothing to do with zira. give other posters time to do stuff as well. a rp should not have a  single poster dominate the storyline, it requires give and take. even though my character kopa is a very important character, its not just about him. its about kovu, kiara, vitani and everyone else as well.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Rocky

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sorry, I'll fix it. Man I am am just striking out left an right.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just dont be so over dramatic in everything ' have the kids be scared, but dont say ' this guys going to kill us for sure!" they dont know that. heck they dont know anything about him. its best to talk first- ' who are you , and why are you here?'- than going to fight mode at once. you dont fight until you absolutely have too- ie the prides being invaded by another pride. 1 newcomer shouldn t rouse the alarm for everyone- the king or queen can handle a single male.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Can I make a suggestion?

It seems odd that after what happened with Zira and all that the characters will so easily believe someone randomly walking into their home claiming he is the prince. I would of thought the characters would be a bit skeptical about this, after all this could be a random male who has heard of them and their family, and about Kopa being gone and thought to try and pose as their son to claim the Kingdom.

I would of thought Simba and Nala (though I haven't actually posted Nala's response yet) would of wanted proof that he was really their long-lost son and not just some impostor.

Maybe, Kopa has to 'prove himself' somehow? I don't know, and it's not really my place to say since he is not my character, I just feel it would make the storyline more interesting. After all I would of thought the characters would think Kopa either dead or never coming back (not sure what Kopa's backstory is meant to be here) so would they not be a bit skeptical in the least?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
good point Nahla. they'll need proof obviously that he is who he says he is. just saying so doesnt make it so.  have nala be skeptical, Nahla. the old saw about something sounding too to be true and all that..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
OK, would Rafiki's confirmation be enough?

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes but only after a very through examination, coupled with lots of questions.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
also Rocky you're going to have to let some of us play some of the  canon characters you've picked. between your ocs and canon chars you're playing more than half the characters.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
question, has anyone here watched the Lion guard pilot film. I enjoyed it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i think we'll leave Lion Guard out of this. I dont think it exists in the continuity of the films. For that matter Simbas Prides canonity is in debate. for instance the cub born at the end of TLK is clearly a male.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
according to the TLK wiki, it takes place before 2. Also I don't think the original fim counted on there being a squeal.

Besides, I only asked if anyone seen it.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
i only saw a bit of it and what i saw didnt impress me at all.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Lord Beerus

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I thought the same thing, so I decided to watch it in it's entirety. I was impressed. I recommend it.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I never plan to see The Lion Guard really, only watched a few minutes of an episode on TV before changing the channel, course I can't judge from those few minutes but it looked quite silly and threw everything the movies set out the window. Didn't the Hyenas run off between the end of the 1st and beginning of the 2nd? And the Hyenas look like the cross between a Warthog and a Cattle Dog.  Makes me wondering if the people who animated the Hyenas even knew what one looked like. TLG to me seems like it was made for one thing-merchandising. The Lion King is till one of the most famous animated films created, and merchandise for it is still sold. Just today I saw a whole shelf of TLK themed clothes..I totally bought a Nala shirt, also they seem to be milking Frozen for money. Everywhere I look I see something Frozen related.

If The Lion King products are still selling all these years later, can't blame them for doing this, just wish they didn't make it so cheesy, if they wanted to bring back The Lion King make a new movie, a The Lion King prequel, tell the story of Mufasa, Sarabi, Scar etc that would of been way more interesting.

I haven't really see movie 2 in a while so maybe I'm remembering wrong, I only own the original movie on DVD, I have Simba's Pride somewhere, but it a VHS copy and is buried in a box with all my other VHS tapes since I no longer have a video player.

I honestly don't even know who Kopa is meant to be, looked him up and he is from some books? I never read any The Lion King books expect the official movie storybook when I was 6 years old.

I don't really trust The Lion King Wiki since anyone can edit it

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kopa is from some books that came out after the first film. as sort of an epilogue to the first film. tLK2 ranks as one of the worst Disney sequels, in that it detracted so much from the original, which still ranks as one of the greatest animated films of all time. Not every series is going to be Toy story or Kung Fu panda good , but imo Simbas Pride didnt need to be made, the first film was more than enough. every sequel spinoff or tiein to the film  has only done more to detract from the original. giving kiara a little brother doesnt make sense, a big briother on the other hand make infinitely more since .  giving Simba only 1 child- and a daughter at that- when Zira had 3  kids made no sense, from a security or balance perspective. All ziras had to do was send 2 of her kids to murder Simbas kid and that would have done  it.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these: