The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Young Superhero RP

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So yet another insane idea from the resident insane idea maker.

Anyone remember the show Teen Titans from Cartoon Network?  Well, this is based on that same principal.  

Superhumans.  They exist among us, many acting the part of civilians to disguise their identities.  This story focuses on a group of young men and women who, when not actively saving the world, masquerade as normal schoolkids.  However, they all share one secret in common.  They all possess unique powers and abilities, and act as heroes at the end of the day.  However, unlike many heroes, some of their classmates and teachers know about their activities, giving them a great deal of leeway and occasionally, some "special" attention from fans.  

These heroes will not only have to deal with saving the world, but also with all the drama of school...

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I wouldn't mind joining this if it gets enough attention  :yes

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does sound like it could be interesting.  Also a bit like the few issues I read of the Young Justice comic series way back when.  I've seen a few episodes of the Teen Titans cartoon on youtube a while back.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So, after bouncing around an idea, and reading a few similar ideas, here's the final draft for the premise...

Superhumans walk among us.  Humans with powers that exceed or simply bypass normal human abilities have become prevalent enough to require government registration and testing for young people.  Those with superpowers, or genetic gifts that resemble superpowers, are sent to a special school located in Colorado, where they will learn to harness and control their powers, in order to "reduce" the risk to others they pose.  This is the story of one such group...

Rules:
Age can range from 13-25, from Middle school to college
Powers Cannot be any form of God-Modding

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A little like X-Men then? Sounds awesome!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It does sound like it could be very interesting.  Various ways the rp could go.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Alrighty, since there seems to be some interest in this idea, I'll go ahead and throw together a character sheet and stuff!

Name:
Alias(es):
Skin Tone:
Hair:
Eyes:
Height: (Approximate)
Weight: (Approximate)

Power (Major):  Major powers can be any class of power that predominantly alters the world around the user (Magic, Augmented strength, Etc.))
Powers (Minor):  Minor powers (up to two, 4 if there are no Major powers) are powers and abilities that pertain only to the person using them (Transformations, Enhanced durability, etc)

Skills and talents:  Any ability that a normal human could acquire and or use, such as acrobatics, martial arts, etc.

Personality: (Include any quirks and other such traits)

Apparel (Civilian):

Apparel (Hero/Villain Wear):

Other Info:

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, here we go:

Name: Anthony Carnes
Alias: Fenrir
Skin tone: Pale, greyish
Hair: White, with a few black streaks
Eyes: All black
Height: ~ 5'11''
Weight: ~ 165lbs

Power (major): Ability to generate extreme cold around him and freeze anything he wants with a wave of his palm. Can use this power to create walls of ice as a shield, and hurl razor sharp shards of ice.

Power (minor): Slightly increased healing abilities

Skills and talents: Agile, moderate martial arts skill
Personality: Cocky, impatient, loyal to those he counts as friends.
Apparel (civilian): Plain black hoodie with the hood pulled up, jeans, red trainers
Apparel (Hero wear): Same as civilian wear - can create an ice mask around his face if he wants to conceal his identity
Other info: The immediate area surrounding Anthony is always cold. His abilities greatly increase in power whenever he's in an area with a lower temperature - he likes to 'charge' himself up in the school freezer.  

Short back story: When he was born, Anthony appeared to be a perfectly normal child. However, his parents began to worry when, at the age of 5, his eyes began to darken and his body temperature plummeted. He was taken to the local hospital, where he promptly froze his doctor to death by accident. Fearing their son may be one of the newly emerging 'Superhumans', theyreported him to the government, where he was taken out of their care and placed under the supervison of the school in Colorado. He's been there for 14 years now, trained to control his deadly powers - but Anthony's always felt the school is holding him back...

(This character might be slightly inspired by one of my favourite comic villains, Killer Frost  :p)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'll think of one and work on the character information and post tomorrow.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Cool cool!  (Terrible pun is terrible))

Name:  Makoto Kagegami
Alias(es): Shadowheart
Skin Tone:  Extremely pale
Hair:  Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'0
Weight: 130lbs

Power (Major): Umbramancy-Power over shadows and darkness.  Can be utilized to create tendrils of shadow, or, at an increased level, manifest solid arm-like structures.  Also can create energy blasts.

Powers (Minor): Limited form of spatial rifting, allowing him to either acquire weapons from another location, or teleport himself.  Limited to either places he is intimately familiar with or can see.  Werebeast-Chimera.  Shifts form into a Fox-Wolf-Dragon hybrid, gaining size and some strength, as well as armored forearms and shins.

Skills and talents: Talented martial artist with expertise in swordsmanship.  Exceptional marksman capable of using a sniper rifle with a large bayonet single-handedly.

Personality: Eric tends to come off as extremely cold and distant, favoring his own company vastly more than that of others.  He also deeply resents all superhumans, himself included, and tends to express that as a mildly bitter sarcasm.

Apparel (Civilian): Long-sleeved black button-down shirt with black cargo pants, red fingerless gloves, and red shoes, with a hooded, sleeveless duster over the outfit.  Nearly always wearing sunglasses.

Apparel (Hero/Villain Wear):  Same as the civilian garb, with the exception of adding a black tactical mask and goggles.

Other Info:  Actively suppresses his own powers, using a combination of a silver chain wrapped around his already-crippled right arm, and an electronic vapor-delivery system (similar to an E-cigarette) full of wolfsbane to prevent himself from transforming.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
First draft of a character idea I have, not sure of what may need to be touched up besides I have no idea for an alias and a superhero garb.

==================================

Name: Daniel Wilson
Alias(es): ? no idea ?
Age 15
Skin Tone: moderate pale, normal shade
Hair: red
Eyes: brown
Height: 5;7"
Weight: 126 lbs

Power (Major): His main ability/power is psychokinesis.  He has done some self training before he was found and has done some bit of self training based on some comics books he has read and online information on comic book characters of the past.  Some ideas from rpg stuff he could find online.

His Power being psychokinesis (telekinesis) would, in theory, let him do many things, though only some things he has learned, most of them he has self taught.  He could fly, or eventually learn to fly using his telekinesis, though he is to nervous about being in the air and with no training usually can't.  He figured if Superman started off by being able to leap long distances he could use his telekinesis to do that.  Also tactile telekinesis has given him an idea of seeming being able to lift a bit more then he should be able to do.  He's tried learning to lift stuff as in classic psychokinesis with some success, in more quiet conditions with less distrations.  He has also tried making shapes to see if his psychokinesis can be used in that way and trying to grab onto air molecules & dust to do stuff as well as shaping water, to try to help his visualization.  Always hitting the bullseye using small thrown stuff like playing cards, darts,

He's also tried doing more complicated stuff using his pk like typing, writing with a pen, drawing, with slight success since he's not use to the more complicated movements this involves.  

Any sorts of tests to see the potential of his abilities would show that therotically he should be able to fly, do the classic pk stuff, grab onto air molecules & dust as well as other things like water, and shape it, form walls,

? I guess at 15 he may not have been at the school to long ?

Powers (Minor): his brain is a bit more efficent in things like, he needs no sleep since his power started to manifest at around 13, has an excellent memory.

Skills and talents: He has a good typing speed, can speed read, good at some video games, surfing the web and finding things online.

Personality: he's a bit shy and tends to do stay by himself, reading, playing video games, surfing the web.  

Apparel (Civilian): casual sorts of stuff some folks wear.  caps, sweat shirts.  When it comes to coats and such he prefers ones that have a hood included.

Apparel (Hero/Villain Wear): he's not really thought about this yet.

Other Info: <not sure what to put here>

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
^ That's a good character, Kor!  The aliases and hero wear are more optional things than anything else.  After all, not every hero has an alias.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
& He may get those later during the rp.  Either I may get an idea or some others may make suggestions.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice characters. Kor, his alias could be... Mind-Mover! Actually, probably best not.

Maybe, since Daniel likes reading comics, one part of his character could be that he's trying to think of a cool alias, like the characters in them?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like the idea of his trying to think of a alias.  I guess they won't have the same costume like some versions of the x-men do?  

I may do he can't decide on a costume either.  Hard to do so.   Though if I go that route I'd not have him change costumes as much as the Wasp does.  In the silver/bronze age there were times, I think, were she'd change them within the same issue.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'M liking the ideas so far guys!  I suppose that right about now, I should post a structure of the school, then!  The basic idea is that there are two sets of student groups, one who have yet to master their powers and such, and as such remain at the school, and then the second group, who demonstrate more advanced control and mastery of their powers, and who have clearance to be sent out to actively help fight crimes, etc.  

There would be promotion tests once every 3 months for the junior group, and once every six months for the senior group.  Testing is conducted in a hologram-generated environment, with difficulty increasing in proportion to the promotion being tested for.  

The first, and lower group of students are referred to as "Ranks".  They are the students whose mastery over their powers are still meager, or whose powers have yet to develop fully.  All students begin at Rank 5, and progress up towards Rank 1.  

The higher group of students, known as the "Class" group, are all students who have demonstrated considerable control over their unique gifts, and as such, have been given clearance to be sent into real combat situations.  These students have been known to be promoted for actions in the field, from their starting point of Class-D all the way up to Special Class-A.  

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting.  I guess the pc's will be part of the 2nd group, the class that goes out from the school on missions like the x-men ?

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice ideas. Yeah, I suppose since our character's have been there for a little bit they'd be at least Class-D.

Though it might be interesting to play a character who's still trying to get to grips with his powers. Maybe I'll come up with another character once it's started, just so I can get a feel of how it'd work.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Actually, Eric is still a Rank 1, owing to his adamant refusal to use any of his powers.  However, I have another character who is a Class-C.  So it balances out.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I guess most or all of the characters were brought in when they were 13 or 14?