The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mulitmedia Video/Music LBT Screensaver!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I just created a new LBT screensaver, but this one has movie clips along with music from the land before time soundtrack.  I also found a way to NOT make it shareware! :yes I wouldn't recommend using it on a computer with less than 900mhz and 256mb ram.  Also, when your CPU usage is at 79% or above, the screensaver will not start(great feature!)  This new screensaver of mine will not work with my previous version.  It totally screws up the computer.  So, I've created a fail safe device in the screensaver.  If you already have one of mine installed, this one will tell you when you go to install it that it's already installed and will give you the option to remove it before installation of the new one.  This screensaver includes cool water clips and other clips that I just thought matched the tone of the music I have with it.  I personally have it on all my computers and I have seen no glitches so far.  Don't try to run it on a computer with less than the specs specified above.  It will run, but it'll chop up and look like crap.  Don't worry about the specs either.  Those specs are for computers from the years 1998-2000.  I don't think anyone here uses a computer that old for a master computer, though I could be wrong.  A computer like that however could bearly get onto GOF :p

Anyways, here's the file:

http://www.driveway.com/qlkdw51262

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That was way better than your last one, and more fun to watch! It seemed a bit short but it was well done. Oh btw, i like the icon you have for it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was going to make it longer, but it took 6 hours for this one alone and I was tired!  I could always add onto it though, but it'd make the install exe(the thing you have to download) much larger.  I like that icon too.  I have a lot of my LBT icons available for download somewhere on the forum.  You can download them if you want.  I'm glad you liked it! :D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Once again, you prove to be the most obsessed fan of LBT around. :D

Good job!  I like the music you chose for it.  Not too sure how I should comment on the vid itself.  It's made with scenes from some of the best sequals, which I find as a plus.  The scenes were pretty good to just watch, though it's questionable as to whether or not you'd want to watch them over and over again.

Keep sending all the great stuff, LBTlover! :^.^:

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I think I'm going to make another one using a lot of the soundtrack from the end of the movies.  Actually, I think I'll just add onto this one, but remember guys, the larger I make the screensaver, the larger the file is that has to be downloaded.  Also, it takes HOURS to make one of these cuz I'm not exactly doing things that most people would term "user friendly" :P:

Anyways, I hope to make another one soon, but it's not the weekend anymore so I'm pretty tied up with school and work. :( Hope to get the other one done soon and I will also create an uninstall for the previous one so you don't get screwed up. :D

This was more like a "Test" beta version of the movie screensaver.  I wasn't even sure if you could run it at all, let alone on an older computer!  Now that I'm sure it'll work, I'll expand upon it to make it better.  I think the song I used before was getting rather exhausting so I'll choose a different one when I add onto it.

Anyways, I'll post another version shortly and see how you guys like it! :yes