The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT Themed Yu-Gi-Oh Cards

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
what to say else? as laways, well done!  ^^
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Nice job, as always! The shadings on the Saurus Rock look really nice!  :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
is it just me or are you getting better at this? ^^spike
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
what to say else? as laways, well done! ^^
Thanks. I imagine it's quite hard to continue coming up with comments. At least I know I would have a hard time myself.

Nice job, as always! The shadings on the Saurus Rock look really nice!
Thanks! Drawing rocks are hard.

is it just me or are you getting better at this?
Hey thanks! I definitely felt like I was improving as I was drawing these.

I keep meaning to update this more regularly but the time seems to slip away. So last showing was a ritual summon. This time I will show fusion summoning. To fusion summon a fusion monster (located in your extra deck, a separate pile that you cannot normal access. This means you don't have to worry about getting the card in your hand), you need all of the fusion materials. This is usually at least 2 certain monsters and a spell card like Polymerization. Here's an example from the anime. The benefit of this over ritual summoning is that the monster being fused does not have to be in your hand. Also, the spell card is a generic one that works with multiple fusions instead of a specific ritual card. Fusion summons also work as a special summon as well so you don't have to worry about the normal summon rules of only 1 monster a turn. The downside is that while ritual summons can tribute any type of monster, fusions usually require specific monsters that need to be fused.

I kinda avoided the idea of fusion monsters for a while since I didn't want to physically fuse LBT characters together and create some weird abomination. I kinda did a work around that fits within the show thanks to the TV series.

Hidden Runner: He has a similar effect to Stinkweed, preventing him from being targeted as long as I control another monster.

Sleep Stories: I originally had this card act as a trap card, but had this current idea when I looked at Cera's nightmare scene in "The Spooky Nighttime Adventure" as reference to draw the card. Basically this card acts as the fusion spell card like polymerization to summon a manifestation of a characters nightmare of another.

Nightmare Runner: Fusion between Cera and Hidden Runner. Since these cards are based on nightmares I figured I would have their abilities based on destroying creatures. For Nightmare Runner, when a monster is destroyed by it the opponent loses double the amount of life points they would originally lose. So that works out to be (Nightmare Runner's ATK - target monster's ATK)x2.

Doc, The Sharptooth Nightmare: Fusion between Chomper and Doc, The Lone Dinosaur. It was very hard to get a got reference to draw this so the only option was a close up on his face. I had originally thought that to fusion summon you need at least one of the material monsters in play so I have the requirement of having Doc, The Lone Dinosaur in play to summon this. I was planning on changing this in the future as this card is a fusion of a ritual monster, which makes it practically impossible to use (I would also probably lower his stats a little as well). It does have the highest base ATK though and it's ability allows you to gain life equal to target monster's level x 200. It's high ATK means it can pretty much destroy any monster within the guidelines my friend and I made so you can easily gain a lot of life back.

We're at the final home stretch. I only have 5 cards left to show.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:32:53 PM by Flathead770 »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great job once again, especially on the Doc card! He looks really evil there as he should.  :smile I'm looking forward to seeing what you are going to do once you've finished the last five cards!  :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm looking forward to seeing what you are going to do once you've finished the last five cards!
I've actually been done all my cards since before I even became active on the GoF again. I just didn't want to flood the topic with all these cards all at once. I'm just bad at keeping frequent updates.

Anyways, on to the last set of cards.

Rainbow Face: Since ritual summoning can be tricky with relying on getting the right cards, Rainbow Face can help by getting the ritual spell Stone of Cold Fire when summoned at the cost of life points. It's a similar idea to the Sharp Tooth card I showed a while back that searches for Saurus Rock.

Stone of Cold Fire: Not too much to say. It's the ritual spell for an upcoming card. I decided on drawing it's simple flying image instead of when it landed as it was quite detailed and would probably look really messy.

Pterano: I'm curious if anyone was wondering if Pterano was going to show up or not. Since he's a Flyer it made sense to me that he would reveal all cards the opponent has set on the field, kinda like flying up and scouting the field.

God Pterano: Shout-outs to Jittery Dragon for this one. So you might be wondering what the heck is this all about. My friend and I decided that each of our decks is going to have a "god" card (similar to the 3 Egyptian god cards in Yu-Gi-Oh: Slifer, Obelisk, and Winged Dragon of Ra) that have really good abilities and stats (relative to our rules of course). Onto the card itself, the idea of God Pterano is actually from a person named Jittery Dragon who used to make LBT related YTP and one of them had Pterano become a god when touching the stone. The videos don't look like they're up on Youtube anymore but I did find the part here (at 3:49). His first ability makes him immune to spell and trap cards, which is an effect all god cards have. The second one allows a monster from the grave to be put into play (the idea is taken from the female rainbow face's description of the stone and how it might grant powers to heal the sick and other miracles). This means you can tribute a high level monster from your hand to summon this card and then bring it out into play with this ability.

And now for the final card

Wisdom of Friends: From the beginning I knew I wanted to have a friendship, group related card. To name it Wisdom of Friends came up pretty early on when I started brainstorming ideas since I was already using names of other sequels and song titles. Thankfully LBT14 also had a nice group shot to use as well with the whole gang. This was absolutely the hardest one to draw, with trying to fit all 7 characters into a 4.5cm square, but it was also the most fun to do. This is my only continuous spell card as well, which means it stays active permanently unless destroyed. Every dinosaur monster under level 5 you control gains 200 more ATK for every other dinosaur monster you control under level 5. That means if you have a full field of 5 monsters under level 5, each one gains 800 ATK. Apparently friendship powers don't work on adults (though that would make this card a little too good).

So that's all of them! I currently don't have any plans to draw more since my friend ended up stopping half way through making his deck and I've started doing standard drawings. This was a good way to help break the ice after being inactive for so long though and it was a blast to draw and see all of your feedback on these cards. Thanks everyone! :DD
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 05:33:09 PM by Flathead770 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Even my favorite sharptooth card was drawn long time before? :D

God Pterano? Oh my...

Yeah,  that shot from LBT14 is awesome. But cut Ruby's and Chomper's parts... :( you could move Spike to the left a bit.

Thank you for this fun! I liked to see all of them!
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you for sharing these!  :) These look great as always, especially the rainbowface's expression looks excellent. I also like the JOTB shot but I think the pencil lines in it look less clean than in the others and Spike's positioning is a bit off too. Overall, this was a great project from you and I really liked the ideas you came up with it! I truly hope you continue making LBT art in the future!  :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Certainly an interesting project ^^spike

I do wonder what else we'll see from you in the future as I'm sure this is just a teaser of what you're capable of :smile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Even my favorite sharptooth card was drawn long time before?
Haha no that one I did draw after you mentioned a couple times you wanted to see it. I still had some card templates kicking around so it wasn't hard to quickly draw it.

Yeah, that shot from LBT14 is awesome. But cut Ruby's and Chomper's parts... :( you could move Spike to the left a bit.
Yea I knew coming into this that I probably wasn't going to get all of them fully into the shot. I'm fine with Ruby since you can at least see her face, but poor Chomper. Half his head is cut off. Instead of moving Spike's side to the left I think I would rather have moved Littlefoot's side to the right to give Chomper some room.

I also like the JOTB shot but I think the pencil lines in it look less clean than in the others
I think I was a little too scared to touch the drawing after I had done it. Usually I draw it in extremely light until I'm satisfied with all the touch ups, then re-trace it a couple of times after to get those cleaner edges. For this I think I only re-traced once. It's a lot more evident with the image blown up like this. Looking at the actual card it looks a lot better.

I truly hope you continue making LBT art in the future!
That's the current plan!

I do wonder what else we'll see from you in the future as I'm sure this is just a teaser of what you're capable of
*Pressure building* Kidding but I am looking forward to it as well. I have a somewhat crazy idea for a long term project but I'll keep it under wraps for now until I've made some progress.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
All the cards you made are outstanding! Great project!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
All the cards you made are outstanding! Great project!
I'm just a tad late but thank you very much.

I have just a small update for those who might be curious. After about 10 months when I first started creating these, my friend finally finished creating his cards for his deck and we got to duel. So far we played 3 games, 1 was quick due to luck of the draw (or lack thereof) while the other 2 were a lot longer and back and forth a good bit. I'm happy to say though that in the end friendship came out on top with a straight 3-0 sweep.  :)littlefoot

My friend is talking about still making new cards so while I have nothing to add right now there might be a chance I continue this in the future. If that's the case I'll obviously post them here :smile

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
thanks for bumping this thread. I would enjoy The Art again. :D

(Oh, so there were my two lost pictures.)
6/14
0/26

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd love to see a 'Red Treestar' card.
Haha oh my. Would need to figure out some sort of drug induced effect that makes sense within the rules of the game haha

thanks for bumping this thread. I would enjoy The Art again. :D

(Oh, so there were my two lost pictures.)
would be interesting to pick it up again, though I more focused on more standard drawings nowadays. (and hard to come up with something that can fit within a 4.5x4.5cm area.

Yeah those cards were fun! I like the one with Spike eating all the cards :lol

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Haha oh my. Would need to figure out some sort of drug induced effect that makes sense within the rules of the game haha

Hmm, actually, maybe that should be the effect of a purple treestar, or some other colour that's unusual for a leaf. Red (and yellow and orange) treestars seems more like it's just when autumn comes around.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 10:32:33 PM by StardustSoldier »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That is true. Not sure where the idea came from but the idea of mind altering red treestars came about at some point. Maybe in the caption section?

For now I think I'll put off working on these again as I'd rather continue improving and prompt participation takes priority as well.

Good to see that this is still well received. Maybe one day I'll come back to it.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
who else is just revisiting this cool project? :smile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
I swear to god, if nothing else would’ve convinced me to vote you for the Fanart Award, this definitely would do it. My god, you drew all of them by hand, and yet all so clean and perfect as well. Even the first Yu-Gi-Oh cards you ever made didn’t look like it had any flaws at all. Beautiful, just beautiful Flathead770. :cry

Yet, I can’t say that I’m surprised though.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...