The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

First 3 LBT Movies Now on Netflix

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I was searching the net and came across something that I wanted to confirm.

One search on Netflix later, this appeared.

Forgive the quality as I used Paint on a laptop that doesn't have Photoshop, but yes, the first 3 movies of The Land Before Time are now on Netflix.  In fact, they've been on there for the past 2 weeks.  No announcement for anything, Universal and Netflix just decided to put them up.

So there ya go!  Hope we get more soon! :)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That image on the right looks an awful lot like a fanart RockingScorpion made...
Inactive, probably forever.

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I remember 2 and 3 were on Netflix back in about 2013-14. It noticed the original was added the other day; it's nice to see it on there.

Btw, is anyone else having the same problem I am? At the top of the page, blocking the forum logo, is a picture of Chomper biting bars that say "Please update your account to enable third party hosting", with a photo bucket link.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just look around a little and you will understand :p
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I love how Sharptooth is in the banner for LBT 1 :D
I wonder if the other movies will be released on Netflix soon :yes
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jul 19 2017 on  09:14 PM
I love how Sharptooth is in the banner for LBT 1 :D
Yes. They immediately realized WHO is the TRUE star of the movie and WHO made it GREAT.  :rolleyes
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The sharptooth was a major factor in the greatness of the film but I'd never say it is THE factor that made it as good as it is. The original LBT was a masterpiece in all aspects and its villain was only one of them.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah, he was just kidding.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Decided to check this again.  Same 4 movies, but some of the banners have changed.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Funny thing: me stumbling upon Journey of the Brave while I was browsing Netflix was what inspired me to revisit LBT, and well, I don't think I really need to say much more.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Does anyone know if the first three movies as well as XIV are still up? Did any more sequels get added?

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I wonder why Journey Through The Mists is never on Netflix Stream. I had to order the Netflix DVD last time. Why is one of the most beloved LBT films so elusive?  :DD

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, since they changed the way the search engine works, the 4 movies are still the only Land Before Time movies on there, but the search result also includes many Dinosaur movies that aren't a part of The Land Before Time.  On top of that, we have Balto, Brother Bear, The Secret Life of Pets and others.

Not sure how to feel about that. :sducky
« Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 07:01:06 PM by pokeplayer984 »

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Well, since they changed the way the search engine works, the 4 movies are still the only Land Before Time movies on there, but it also includes many Dinosaur movies that aren't a part of The Land Before Time.  On top of that, we have Balto, Brother Bear, The Secret Life of Pets and others.

Not sure how to feel about that. :sducky
Almost sure that Netflix uses suggestions based on your viewing experience, so they basically lumped a few dino films and kids films together as a pseudo-Youtube recommendations. Can't say I blame them for using this tactic on kids, even if I feel that switching from the first film to a more kid-friendly film is a bit jarring.
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Journey of the Brave is still there, but it doesn't look like they added any other LBT films, and the first three have since been removed. I was still able to view the first film on Netflix back in January of 2019, but sometime later they removed that as well.

Not a big deal to me personally because I own all the films on DVD anyway, but I found it a bit odd all the same.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Decided to check if they were available here in the Netherlands too (Netflix availability differs per region). We've been blessed with these :P

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Ah, interesting. I forgot that availability varies depending on region.

Come to think of it, I never actually saw LBT 2 & 3 listed on my Netflix. Just the first film and Journey of the Brave. I did see an online article stating that the first three used to be available, but were leaving Netflix in November 2018, but I guess that may have been for a different region, as here in Canada we had the first film for another few months. I'm not sure if we ever had #2 & 3 at all.

I wonder why the films aren't available here any more. Those cheapskates! :p

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now it looks like you have easy access to watch 12 now Iris!  :PCera

I can't say for certain as my memory might be hazy, but I'm pretty sure Canadian Netflix had 2 and 3 at one point as well.

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Netflix... already used my free time with it, and I have no intention of buying it, even if I could get these sweet films.  :PCera And I don't really know if they're available here either. Guess now I'll never know.