The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie?

Ducky123 · 399 · 50331

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Can you please update first post, Ducky? Who is new-joined and who made his character already. Thx! ^^

*still asks my characters who of them would like to step into roleplay's universe*
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Is there a certain style that we will need for the bios? I'd like to know that before I do the profile. Course, since I'm a LBT antagonist, there won't be too much in terms of backstory or anything. :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Aug 24 2017 on  05:08 PM
Is there a certain style that we will need for the bios? I'd like to know that before I do the profile. Course, since I'm a LBT antagonist, there won't be too much in terms of backstory or anything. :)
Shake things up- give 'em a back story :smile

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I suppose I could, but I'm not really sure what I should write about yet. It might take some time, but I'm not quitting this or anything.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I have a question: let's decide: does our story take place during, long before or long after, o not-so long before or not-so-long-after events of original LBT? :D thx
6/14
0/26

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Aug 25 2017 on  04:28 AM
I have a question: let's decide: does our story take place during, long before or long after, o not-so long before or not-so-long-after events of original LBT? :D thx
Personally I think we should set it after, though I also feel our connection to the series should be minimal. If the reader can't decide where in the timeline we're set, I think that's a good thing. Keeps us from being tied down by established canon

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Does this really matter? The only thing in this roleplay that relates to the series is the possible cameo of sharptooth as we are far north from the Great Valley. :unsure:  Even then, I'd also say later if I were forced to choose.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Sovereign,Aug 25 2017 on  06:44 PM
Does this really matter?
for my character, it matters.  :rolleyes
6/14
0/26

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Snik,Aug 25 2017 on  11:51 AM
Does this really matter?
I assume your character is related to the original Sharptooth? Or another Sharptooth in the franchise? That's the only explanation I can see for why the timeline would matter.

Keep in mind, however, that this takes place far from the Great Valley, so if your character is related to a canon character, you should have a good explanation for why he/she is so far away.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Fyn16,Aug 25 2017 on  08:41 PM
Quote from: Snik,Aug 25 2017 on  11:51 AM
Does this really matter?
I assume your character is related to the original Sharptooth? Or another Sharptooth in the franchise? That's the only explanation I can see for why the timeline would matter.

Keep in mind, however, that this takes place far from the Great Valley, so if your character is related to a canon character, you should have a good explanation for why he/she is so far away.
well, character can be related not only to another character, but to PLACE, or it could be part of some EVENT.  :rolleyes
Especially if character is far walker, for example. Like Pterano who can visit half of the world, for example.
6/14
0/26

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Want to know what I just thought of? The Squad of Cinco! The five little dinosaurs that Mr. Thicknose was teaching in a flashback from the song "The Lesson". They seemed like an alternate or discount version of the gang. We could have done an origin story of those five from a long time ago.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Name: Wyoh (pronounced why-oh)

Species: Hagryphus giganteus (Tallcrest Fastrunner)

Sex: Female

Appearance:  Her feathers are currently mottled brown and white in the typical juvenile coloration, but her unfeathered head and legs are deep purple, and her dull yellow crest is starting to redden, both signs that she is nearing her final juvenile molt. Her eyes are a dull gold color.

Species Info: The Tallcrest Fastrunners are a large species of oviraptor. The males and females tend to be very similar in appearance, though the females are a bit bigger and more brightly colored, with slightly taller crests. They are solitary and don't tend to think much at all of other kinds of dinosaurs, though they particularly look down on smaller oviraptors as being inferior. They live in thick woodlands where they subsist almost entirely on fruit, which they swallow whole. The expansion of the badlands has slowly pushed them farther north, where food has become progressivley more scarce. Tallcrests are generally a peacable and reclusive species who keep to their respective territories with few conflicts. However, the increasing lack of suitable territory has pushed them into desperation, and more Tallcrests are resorting to violence in order to ensure that they and their families are kept fed.
(They're basically cassowaries :lol )

Personal History:
She and her sister and brother were born two years before her family was forced to migrate north, a trip that her brother did not survive, and during which they lost her mother during a rockslide in a bad storm, presumed dead. Their lives in the new territory were tense and frought with violence, and her father was eventually killed in a squabble over territorial borders. She and her sister were separated when they were chased off of their old territory, and she has not been able to re-locate her. Years away from being large enough to defend her own territory, she currently wanders, scrounging for food where she can and often running afoul of other Tallcrests who can't afford another mouth to feed.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I suppose I could, but I'm not really sure what I should write about yet. It might take some time, but I'm not quitting this or anything.
The backstory makes the difference between a random sharptooth with nothing remarkable about him and a good, scary Sharptooth! With a backstory, the character will be more relatable to anybody who is reading the product of our work :p

I think Snik's question has been answered by now too?

Anyway, I shall be sharing my bio as well :p

Name: Lizzie

Species: Brachiosaurus

Sex: Female

Appearance: Lizzie's main skin colour is a somewhat dark yellow with a slight amount of brown mixed in. Her back is a brown-ish yellow and her lower belly basically a lighter shade of her main colour. Her eye colour is a gleaming dark blue. Her overall appearance is somewhat weakly and thin.

Backstory & Personality: Lizzie used to live with her father and her four siblings. They never were a happy family per se but things were tolerable until the great drought struck them hard. Her father was an eccentric individual with some rather radical views and a strong hang to violence as well as speciest. Lizzie never got to know her mother because she left her dad prior to her hatching.

Before the drought, Lizzie used to be a very happy, bright and cheerful girl, playing with carefree innocence whenever they were not moving around. However, things started to change dramatically when she lost her first brother whom she held very dear. In addition to her father turning more and more aggressive with the conditions around them worsening, Lizzie soon lost two more of her siblings to hunger, thirst and predation, her father leaving them behind when their legs wouldn't carry them anymore because he needed strong children.

One day, Lizzie had reached her limit. After several weeks in the brutal desert, she collapsed onto the ground, being left behind to die. Luckily for her, a small herd of Longnecks passed by not soon after, saving her life but she wasn't allowed to stay for any longer than necessary. But before she left, they gave her the advice to flee from the Bright Circle to colder regions. Lizzie followed the instructions but doing so stoically. She had lost everything including her innocence, now having to live on her own, all alone, which shaped her personality. She didn't care a thing about anything anymore, turning lethargic, hardly being able to sleep, hardly feeling any appetite even if she did find food, just walking on towards the north stoically.

(Uhh, I hope this is good :p)

Inactive, probably forever.

Fyn16

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm impressed! Seems like all of us have a very unique backstory and personalities! I can't wait to see what such wildly varied characters do once they have the chance to interact!  :DD

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I think Snik's question has been answered by now too?
errr... nope nope nope?

not my question about timeline, nor I see updated first page?  :sducky
6/14
0/26

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
first page is now up to date, Snik :)

As for your question, I'm curious to see what everyone else is thinking. I was assuming it would happen (roughly) the same time as the original movie but with little to no overlap with the original story. If it was earlier, than we could even have a Sharptooth cameo, otherwise he'd probably be dead at the time.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Man, we haven't even started yet and I already want to draw stuff from this :lol
Can't wait to see what my character looks like! :) (that is, if you're planning on drawing characters from this)

It's time for my character.

Name: Slash

Species: Carcharodontosaurus saharicus OR Sharktooth Sharptooth

Sex: Male

Appearance: Main color is dark gray (A little darker than the Horned Sharptooth's dull brown color) with a bit brighter gray underbelly. Circular pupils (like the Horned Sharptooth's) with red sclerae, akin to T. rex from the first six LBT films. Though related to Plated Sharpteeth (Giganotosaurus) he has no plates on his back, and no slitted pupils. He has pronated, three-fingered hands like plated sharpteeth though. He is slightly larger and stronger than Bigbiter Sharpteeth (T. rex).

Physical look is somewhat like a real Carcharodontosaurus saharicus, minus the coloring, like this restoration:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/comm...px-Carchar1.jpg
Note that the colors in the image are not the colors of Slash.

Personality and Strengths: Very gruesome, ruthless. Kills for fun after what happened to his mate. He is also a cannibal and an oppurtunistic predator. He has the ability to jump (what a surprise :p), and has very sharp claws and teeth, with the teeth curving backwards, so it can injure prey and watch it die from blood loss. Very fast as well, though not to the extent of the speed of horned sharpteeth (Carnotaurus).

Backstory: Raised by parents who over-killed leaf eaters. Slash was taught how to be a perfect predator in his younger years, silent and deadly, but when a fight happens, he was told to be loud and intimidating. His mother was killed by an Apatosaurus, and it nearly crushed him to death in his teen years, before escaping with his father, who was just about ready to treat him as food and not as a son. A few days later, his father turned on him and Slash had no choice but to kill his father.

Years later he found a mate named Charo, who he lived with for a while, and soon they planned to have a child, but soon, an Ouranosaurus herd decided that they could take out the predators so they could be safe, and Charo was trampled to death in the process. Slash, devastated, decided to get revenge on any leaf eater that decided to attack him, and swore that he would never let them hurt his kind again.

Are there any issues here? Am I missing anything? :unsure:

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
sounds promising!  ^^spike

updating the start post once more :p

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Well, here's my try to enter character:

Name:
S H A D E[/b]

Species:
Predatory Pterosaur (possibly, Pterodactylus)

Appearance:
Predatory flyer, known by leafeaters as "sharpbeak". Has extremely dark gray-black skin of the whole body except beak, claws and belly part that are a bit lighter. Yellow eyes. His beak is a bit bended from the day of birth. Extremely good in flight and hiding (especially in dark places). Has perfect sight. He's not so strong in physical strength, but very tough and nimble.

Personality:
He is smart and resolute person. Good predator, preferably hunts on small and defenseless living good prey. He acts quite different from others of his kind or of almost any other predatory dinosaur. In any time other than hunting-eating and sleeping, he spend his time to explore all type of lands and observing lives of any kind of dinosaurs and living creatures. With his extremely good eyes, he observes life of the land before time from above the sky or from shadows of the land.

Backstory:
Almost nothing is known about him before last years. He had "simple" life of dinosaur, without some major events or catastrophes beyond regular. He was born in some far land. He had full family, with mom, dad, and some siblings. After he stepped into the proper age, he left his family. He decided to fly far away, to see what is placed outside his birth land. After he explored newfound land, he moved to another, and to another... And till this time, he continued and still continues to move from one land to another, if conditions let him do it. In last couple years, he started to observe life of other living dinosaurs of all kinds, and he does it not only to improve his hunting skills...
6/14
0/26

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Sounds really cool! Would it be possible for me to join too? From what i read so far it will be really interesting to see how this will go :)
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)