The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Server Downtime For Changes & Upgrades

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Well, I'm not sure exactly when it will be, but my server will be down for a matter of days while I upgrade it and also when I move.  I'm going to try to add a server within a server.  It's a tricky move and I'll probably lose all data currently stored on my LBT server during the process (don't worry, I'll back everything up first :^.^: ).  I'm also going to be moving so my IP address is guaranteed to change which will make the link to my server inoperable for a short period of time.  Normally this wouldn't happen, but it's gonna go down for a few DAYS because we won't have internet right away when we move.  That'll take a couple of days to re-setup service and put in new cable jacks all over the house.  Hopefully this new house will work for us.  The one we're in now just doesn't suit us so we're gonna buy another one and rent this one out.  Anyways, sorry about this but it can't be helped.  This is why I don't want people hosting images on my server.  All the links are gonna change because I need a new DNS service for this to work better.  If I did have a website hosted on this server it wouldn't be affected because all I'd have to change is the home page parent directory, which is very simple.  This server is 100% functional except for the fact that you can't host images yet because I haven't figured out how to host this so the links won't change when my IP does........yet.  I'll eventually allow image hosting on my server, but I must first find a solution to the links that change with my IP address.  It wouldn't be a big deal except that those redirection services don't mask the IP at all.  When you right click on a file to view the source so you can host the image, it just has the url with the IP address. :angry: Piece of junk.  I just haven't found a solution yet.  Anyways, hope this doesn't inconvenience anyone too badly.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You're doing us all a great favour, so when it's going to dissapear for a few days we can't complain mate, without you it wouldn't exist in the first place.

Hope this move works out for you.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Good luck on the move and don't hurt your back or anything. :)

NeptuneNavigator2001

• Timeless Wanderer
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Trust in love, and never give up...
    • View Profile
Yeah man, we wish you the best!  Don't worry - a few days?  Geez, that's not bad!  Considering all you've done for us already?  We can wait...! ;)
"And the Most High said unto Moses, Ahayah-Asher-Ahayah.  And he said, Thus shalt thou say to the children of Israel, Ahayah hath sent me unto you...  This is my name forever, and this is my memorial unto all generations."

1953-2011...  One day, mother, I shall see you again...

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Does this mean that I shouldn't upload more vids onto the special server you have provided me until the move is complete?  After all, with the new DVD out, it's time to make more. :)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sure, you can upload more content.  Just make sure to link people to your box on my server ONLY.  Don't link to specific files because the links change when I move my server.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile