The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ducky123's fanart :)

Ducky123 · 472 · 56824

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Coming back to the fanart world with a vengeance I see :p Seriously, this is really good! The backgrounds look awesome and the Ducky is well drawn from what I can make out (hard to tell with all the scrolling required haha). I think the one frame where Ducky is wiping the tears off her face her fingers look a little angular but that's about it. You've certainly got the comic prompt entry down so I expect a good one when the time comes!  ;)

And yes I know all about spending 30+ hours on a drawing. Worth the effort though right? It would be great to see you posting some more art a little more frequently as well!  :smile

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
For anyone trying to view this ginormous picture before Ducky123 edits it down to size, view it in another tab at its source by right clicking on the image, "Copy Image Location", and paste it in a new tab. :)

I agree with the majority that this is an awesome, well refined drawing that captures the emotion of Ducky very well. Being able to draw Ducky very consistently within many different panels while maintaining her appearance showed a lot of endurance and control, so I admire your skill on that regard. The background is sketched beautifully, and once again as expected, your shading is on par. I will agree with Mumbling though that Ducky's head in the first panel seems a little off, kinda like her head isn't aligned perfectly with her neck. Also, in the rectangular panel in the middle right of the paper, the way that Ducky's fisted hand was drawn is something that I don't like personally as it looks too boxy for me. But overall, splendid effort on the comic prompt. :smile

Edit: Flathead, you beat me towards that one piece of criticism I was saying. Oh well. :lol

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
I must say that I'm genuinely very much in awe of how great this looks like. This approach in reference to a comic book certainly must be the groundwork for the comic prompt entry as others here have already expressed their admiration upon your work in this field. And I must say that the theme is also one that was done remarkably well. You can practically feel the bleak atmosphere in your heart. If there is one critique I found, it would have to be in the very first panel as you can hardly recognize the distant figures as spiketails. The size of the drawing is also very distracting, but that's beside the point.

All things considered, those 30+ hours definitely were not wasted as this was a very great way to showcase this month's prompt. :)

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
I really like the comic approach you have here! The close-up on Ducky's face really drives home her despair. :D
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
^Agreed. The comic style is a nice touch. I'm impressed at how good the shading looks too, as I seem to recall you saying before that this was your first time ever attempting shading. Do you have any tips on how to do shading like that?

Also, commenting on your earlier drawing here:

Very nice. I love that scene from the movie. Shame about decapitated Ducky and Petrie, as was noted earlier. :P But great drawing otherwise. Are you still planning to do an updated version of it sometime?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Wow thanks everyone! I'm going to reply once the drawing is done :)
Inactive, probably forever.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
19 months later  :bolt

So, just if anyone is curious, I never did finish the drawing above and I definitely won't ever do so.

However *drumroll plz* I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't have at least something cruddy to show off  :bestsharptooth

This is an entry for the current prompt challenge "Epic Fail"! I had so many ideas lol. Rhett getting what he deserves, Littlefoot hitting his head while he's observing Ali, Sucky having a Sucky day... so many possibilities  :ChomperPOG

My lack of skill and the severe lack of time to work on anything creative led me to choose something that's been featured in the movies and quite easy to draw. Thus "When a spiketail sleeps on you" was born  :^^spike

I do admit I've been more lazy than I should have been with this drawing but time is money as they say and I'm happy with what I managed to whip up in around 5-6 hrs. If anyone is interested, this is how the drawing came to life:

1. I chose a particularly good expression from the screencaps on animationscreencaps.com
2. I traced over it with the pencil tool  :bolt
3. I used an ink brush with medium amount of smoothing to create somewhat good-looking lineart (there are a few spots where you can sorta see when a new line starts because I didn't clean every tiny speck up, just the major stuff that was easy to spot)
4. I used digital oil paint  :lol And yes, I actually painted it. And eventually realized separate layers for each colour might have been smarter  :sduckyGive me some credit for not using auto-fill, okay?  :bronGoodJob
5. I used auto-fill for the background because white didn't look too great. Also, I was too lazy to paint the background, okay?  :angel
6. Signature in sweet red oil paint  :ChomperImAwesome

All done in ArtRage light with my little Intuos Wacom tablet (I forgot which model I actually have, it was cheap anyway)

Will we see more art from Ducky? I have no idea honestly. If it happens, it happens (and will probably be anime-related rather than LBT art but you never know  :^^spike )

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Nice work! Sorry, Ducky  :sducky

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Spike! Stop crushing Ducky!  :duckyscared

Good one!
Would like to see more of your art when inspiration strikes.

(I still didn't get used to my Wacom tablet...)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Oh dear, poor Ducky!

Having a look through your thread it's great to see the improvement over the years! I'd love to see more from you, but of course it's up to you. Inspiration can suddenly strike at weird times (I'd know, I hadn't drawn a thing for three years before the start of 2021).  :rhett_smile

Nice to see more prompt entries too!  :smile

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ducky getting crushed by Spike, classic  :PLoofah
Good to see you doing some fanart again. I suppose it makes sense since you were the one to suggest this prompt in the first place  :bestsharptooth
And who knows, maybe one day you'll get back into drawing more. I'll be looking forward to it if you do!  :chompysmile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone! :lol