The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Photobucket images not showing?

Hypno · 25 · 3482

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
Anyone getting that message with photobucket images on the forum? I can't see them. It's been like that most of the day for me.
It says this at the bottom:

to unlock your account visit:
photobucket.com/p500
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I definitely see that on a couple of the award banners in my signature (but not all of them, interestingly enough). In addition to certain signature award banners for many members, I've also seen the same affect on Malte's avatar and Ducky123's artwork, including the ones he just posted today.

I wonder if this is a problem with the site itself or if the select few members here who host these images will actually need to do something.

Edit: To be more specific, the image shown in place of all these images apparently states "3rd party hosting has been temporarily disabled" with a dial that shows "3rd party hosting usage" at "100%".

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I see it twice in your signature, but your fanfic awards show.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I'm having problems with Photobucket as well.

The vast majority of images on here are showing that annoying message that was described above when I'm reading a topic or post.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Now it seems the image has been altered. The caption at the top (which had previously said "3rd party hosting has been temporarily disabled") is now saying "please update your account to enable 3rd party hosting".

I'm speculating this means that the technical issue has been mostly resolved, but the people hosting these images will need to log into their accounts and check on something to finish the process. Looks like we'll need to contact certain people who don't visits often anymore (such as admins Malte and Mumbling) to alert them of this.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I could tell Malte on Deviantart and show him the topic.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It looks like they are now demanding that we "upgrade our Photobucket" account status in order to keep on using 3rd-party image hosting.  x(cera They are requiring anyone with their accounts to upgrade to a Plus 500 plan which costs $39.99 a month in order to keep having image linking and third-party image embedding, which were previously provided for free.

I am going to do some additional research and see what options I can find.  Not only is this absolutely outrageous, but this will entail moving pictures to new file hosting services and re-linking an untold number of images manually just to get some of the forum awards that I hosted from my Photobucket to display again on the forum, to say nothing of the numerous other images that will most likely forever be hidden by Photobucket's extortion attempt in jpeg form.  Many images lost, including years of art and captions from members who have long since left the forum, and countless hours to be spent reshuffling files just because of a single company's arrogance and greed.  :anger

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
oh guys
it's horrible. I'm sorry. :/

Since I started to upload imags to internet, it was my worst fear this thing happens.
Well, Tinypic didn't fail my hopes since 2011, but who knows wat they would do...

Edit: Is there a hope they will give up under press of billions people and return images?
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Any way we could reach out to them about this?

Because this truly is outrageous :anger

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's gonna cost 40.00 a month for this forum that's 10.00 a week and 1.43 a day to use. It's not good for us at all.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
These M*********ers... :anger

I highly encourage to spread bad publicity about the site after this load of bullcrap they just pulled with our forum. A lot of fanart, captions etc can't be viewed anymore and this makes me mad enough to stop caring about language rules on here.

If there's an option to track stuff that's broken and move it to another site, you can count on my assistance in doing that. I'm sure you'll need more than the current staff members to pull that off for the whole forum (I highly encourage though to take the time and do this because, otherwise, we can  start a lot of threads from scratch because the current ones will be useless!)

Bunch of dickheads...  :(petrie  :(petrie  :(petrie  :(petrie  :(petrie

(sorry for language)

Rhombus: Edited due to language.
Inactive, probably forever.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
This sucks, mate.

I had a similar problem with my site and another image hosting (which has since gone extinct) and it wasn't fun to deal with. That said, I'm willing to help you guys fixing this big mess. I have a WordPress account which I barely use and allows for hot-linking... as well as some other possibilities. Just let me know!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: LBT90321,Jun 30 2017 on  07:36 PM
I hate this. $40? (Sighs) If we don't pay them $40, we'll never see those captains again. I hope this doesn't last long.
really? 40$ from people? How many users are there? How many money do they planned to steal from people with this? Billions dollars?

:anger

TYRAN!!!

6/14
0/26

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The company is worth 100 million and they're complaining about money. That's awful they're whining about money. No one here can afford 400 a year for this.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
:lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol
 :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol

*shakes hand of those who made, drew, and released such brilliant idea.*

Go Go, Chomper!!!
6/14
0/26

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You can thank DarkWolf for the wonderful banner.  We will go back to the old banner eventually, but not before Chomper is done eating the Photobucket icons.  :lol

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Chomper rage mode activated!

Also, great art work there, DarkWolf91, if you are reading this! I never expected it, but I have now! Really fits the situation! I do not want to mess with him (though why would I?), espacially when he is in his rage mode! Go, Chomper! Destroy any stupid Photobucket icon crud that stands in your way!

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: rhombus,Jul 15 2017 on  04:28 PM
You can thank DarkWolf for the wonderful banner.  We will go back to the old banner eventually, but not before Chomper is done eating the Photobucket icons.  :lol
though with all the old caption this threads and old members with all their images replaced with photobucket icon's, I imagine he will be well fed for quite awhile. :lol
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
We'll sort these out eventually. I said I'd take on this once my job's over and I have more time again :p Even Chomper can't smell broken links after all  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.