The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Does LBT make you cry?

Hyp · 141 · 24197

DollFace

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Being 21 I feel like it makes me a huge crybaby, but I don't care. The first movie even a few sequels makes me cry. During those times when you were young it just reminds you of all the innocence you have before you lost some of it. I don't know about anyone, but i did go through things that have changed me lately, and just to look back on a lot of things it helpeed me to see what I have in my heart and never take it for granted. I almost lost my heart, because of this cruel world and what happens in it, but I remeber as a human being I'm glad I have feelings and can express them from what i listen to and see, because that's part of what make me alive today. I don't make sense or not.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
It was sad when his mother died,and that scene with the shadow was nearly as sad as the deathscene,but neither of them makes me cry now.Ican't say anything sure for the first time I saw it,becose i was too young to remember,but i don't think itmade my cry then.

bushwacked

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Bushwackedboy?feature=mhee
I don't cry, but whenever I see any of the first 3 films I always feel quite sad. Maybe because of the nostalgia.

Though I remember when I was little I used to get upset at Littlefoot looking for his dead mother.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I used to not be able to even get through the first movie because I would get so upset.  It wasn't even the part where Littlefoot's mother died. It was the scene after with Rooter. I guess it was the way he just broke down. :cry

Now I only get misty-eyed.  :(

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Not once, not never. If I was the emotional kind of guy, I would, but I don't.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
I just can't stop my tears when I rewatch Land Before Time. Because each time I am like I watch it for first time.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I used to cry at the part where Littlefoot's mother died in the 1st film and during the song Bestest Friends from the 10th film.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Call me weird but I never cried when watching any LBT movie. Feeling melancholic? Quite, but no tears, nope, nope, nope  :blink:

I'm not totally immune to emotional moments in movies, especially in recent days but LBT judt doesn't make me tear up because I know what's coming, I guess...
Inactive, probably forever.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Yes. I always blubber dirimg credits and “If We Hold On Together.” 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I usually cry when Littlefoot’s mom dies and Littefoot says, “mother? Mother?!” The sheer loneliness of losing the one person who will always love you and care for you in a dino eat dino world is heartbreaking and it always fills my soul with a longing and loneliness.

Diana Ross’ “If We Hold On Together,” always makes me cry. Its moving on its own, but had major relevance to my life.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 06:43:42 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
It doesn't make me cry but my god I really want to cry while watching it. :duckysad

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I find the main theme music pulls at my heart strings too. Must not weep!  :thudLOL

LittleDas75

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • The Gang of Five's Yellow Belly fan
    • View Profile
I find the main theme music pulls at my heart strings too. Must not weep!  :thudLOL
Definitely.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Littlefoot's reaction to the death of his Mother just kills me  :rhett_sad

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

chomper94

• The Chomper Fanatic (and the Meme Boy)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Hop in, we’re gonna go visit the GOF.
    • View Profile
I always get tears during that death scene.  The more I think about it, the more it makes me cry.  :(petrie

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Another scene that gets me teary eyed is when Littlefoot sees the longneck shadow and thinks its his mother. When he licks the wall and realize she is still gone.. boy that gets me weepy.

LittlefootOnASkateboard

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
This was one of the first films to really make me cry as a kid.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
The music, instrumental, is so moving it can pull at those melancholy strings.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
When I was a kid, I don't recall ever crying at LBT. When I re-watched the LBT films as a teenager... nope, nothing. I felt sad, but they never made me cry.

When I watched them again at the ripe ol' age of 22... yeah, I was full on ugly crying at some scenes. I cried at Mama Longneck's death, I started full on sobbing when If We Hold On Together played during the credits, I cried when I went back to listen to the soundtrack... and I shed tears at the end of LBTX when Littlefoot was saying goodbye to his grandparents. I dunno why, cause I've seen these films many times and knew what was gonna happen, but there we go. Maybe adulthood has just made me more emotional.  :lol

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion