The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

thinking of Judith Barsi

DuckyBarsiFan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
She would have gone far had a paranoid and abusive drunkard not killed her and her mother when he found out they were going to leave him.

I think that had she survived, she could've been an all time great in the voiceover industry. She'd been voicing in Don Bluth films for the last couple years of her life, and Bluth showered praise on her ability to take direction and convey emotion. She had started getting into televised cartoon voices as well. I think her floor in terms of voice over success would've been a career like that of Lacey Chabert, specializing in voicing light-voiced girl characters. However, if her voice had deepened later on and she'd developed more range, the sky might have been the limit for her and she could've had a Tara Strong/Grey Delisle-esque voice over career.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
You created this account in dedication of Judith Barsi purely, did you? :p

I could of only wished that she and her mother escaped the abuse that was taking place behind an iron curtain. I wonder how much harder it was to terminate a relationship than it would be today. Or was it something else that prevented them from leaving? What else that's interesting is that when Maria reported Jozef's accounts of threats and violence to the police, it was dismissed because of lack of evidence. Whereas today, they would believe her at single glance with no questions asked (basing that claim off of many, many anecdotes online). The police was right to not charge without evidence, because a person is innocent until proven guilty. But! They needed to do more extensive investigation, which they failed to do. Josef was an alcoholic and arrested three times, dang it! So they should've had all eyes on him! It's also a shame that she dropped the CPS investigation in favor of only divorce, maybe their lives could've been saved if they continued with the original plan.
Despite Josef ceasing his drinking after the police incident, he still abused and threatened them, obviously showing that alcohol was not the culprit in this, and that he's an actual monster as a person. This story had such a tragic end.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
It is indeed sad how young life can be taken away by her own father. I only heard about Judith Barsi few years ago, and it nearly broke my heart.  :cry  The saddest thing in my opinion is that Judith could have become practically anything she wished for had not her own father been so cruel and heartless. Rest in peace, Judith.

DuckyBarsiFan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Just an observation not a nitpick but in 1985's The (New) Twilight Zone, ("A Little Peace and Quiet'), at the scene at the grocery store, they've put Judith's character in the baby/toddler seat in the shopping cart because she was tiny and young-looking, despite being six. In the Afterschool Special she did in 1988, in a similar scene set at a grocery store, her character is filmed next to the shopping cart rather than in the baby/toddler seat, even though she is still very small for her age.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Her death/murder was such a tragedy. I imagina had she lived, she would have become a voice actor princess like those at Disney. 

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

DuckyBarsiFan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
This is from her last live action role. Notice she doesn't have eyelashes... she'd pulled them out because of stress.

DuckyBarsiFan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
who controls Judith's estate today? Such as rights to her likeness and voice. This is an important question given the ever improving technology of visual deep fakes and vocal simulation.

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
It's truly screwed up, knowing what she went through. When I was a kid, I was always confident she had been voiced by the same person throughout the whole franchise. But then, when I looked everything up on Wikipedia for the first time, I was shocked to see Barsi's biography. To think, when she was around the same age I was when I was enjoying this franchise, she was going through an absolute nightmare of a life.

DuckyBarsiFan

• Ruby
    • View Profile
An actress who played the "mother" to Judith's "daughter" in a few commercials says that some did question why there was not a coronial inquest into Judith and Maria's murder but were told that since all the main participants were dead there was no point and the case was closed.