The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The False Facts Game

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
4. I love dinosaur-themed entertainment, but I'm not much into actual dinosaurs
Considering you're taking Geology to potentially shift into Paleontology, I'm guessing this is the lie :p
I knew if you were the one to guess, you'd guess correctly. Sure enough, you did.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I spoiled your fun too quickly :p

Now let's see.

1. I have two degrees.
2. I have been to the US twice.
3. I will be attending a Flat Earth conference in August.
4. To prevent the notes my friends and I would pass to each other in Elementary school from being intercepted, I created a couple of ciphers so that we could encode our notes.
5. I own three musical instruments.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I know that #3 is true, and I’m pretty sure that #1 is the lie.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'm sure that your lie is #5, Flathead :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I know that #3 is true, and I’m pretty sure that #1 is the lie.
I know I mostly talk about physics but I do indeed have two degrees. At first I was taking Computing Science but after the 3rd year I felt like I didn't really enjoy it too much so I switched my degree to a Computing Science major with a Physics minor. After that I took another 2 years and got my 2nd degree with a specialization in Physics.

I'm sure that your lie is #5, Flathead :DD
That is also true. while I don't play much anymore I played violin all throughout primary school. The other two are a bass guitar, which I covered for a band member in my friend's band back in high school (other then that I haven't played it too much). The last one is a Casio keyboard that was given to me for my 12th birthday since I loved screwing around with a tiny 2 octave keyboard. It's not a full sized keyboard as I believe it's missing an octave on either side from a regular piano but with the amount that I use it it does the job.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok, I vaguely recall you mentioning having only been to America once to see the eclipse, so #2?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ok, I vaguely recall you mentioning having only been to America once to see the eclipse, so #2?
You sure you don't want to go with #3? :lol

Yeah that's right I did mention it some time ago that I've only been to America once for the solar eclipse, which of course was amazing. (I'll just shamelessly post the picture again :p )

You keep talking up Colorado so maybe that'll be where I'll visit for my second trip?

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I’d definitely recommend going to Colorado. It’s pretty awesome. New Mexico and Arizona are great too and I hear Utah is out of this world.

Ok let’s see:

1. I started a forum where Petrie was the first person to join
2. I had never been to Colorado prior to starting college there
3. I was homeschooled throughout my K-12 education
4. I’ve never been outside the United States
5. I initially bonded with my best friend in college over our mutual love of LBT

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I take it #1 is the Balto forum you just created and #5 makes complete sense. The middle 3 are a lot harder to determine. I feel like you mentioned you've never traveled outside the States so I'm going with #4.

[EDIT]I'm an idiot and picked what I thought was true haha. I don't suppose I can switch it to #3?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 09:56:07 AM by Flathead770 »

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well no one else seems to be biting so I guess I'll go again. So is it #2 then?

Vincent

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Flathead was correct. I had been to Colorado three times before going to college there, excluding a few times when I've flown through Denver as a kid.

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ok I'm going to bump this one.

1. I have a dinosona with an LBT inspired name
2. I am in over 60 Discord servers
3. I have been to the quarry where the holotypes for several dinosaurs that were used in LBT were discovered
4. I have no LBT merchandise whatsoever
5. I have written a dinosaur-themed Cards Against Humanity deck

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
^Considering that he won't be posting in the near future probably, I'll be posting my 4 facts and 1 false fact.

1) I'm a hard worker, but yet I still hate doing work.
2) I'm currently enrolled in 2 AP Classes.
3) I currently have a job.
4) My eyes are brown.
5) I don't want to eat the food at most fast food restaurants.

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
1) Work is just a necessary part of life, but I wish there was more free time. We already spend one third of our lives sleeping, so I would appreciate it. :(
2) 2 AP Classes in Sophomore Year, but yet this is my first year taking any AP Classes at all! I probably would've already taken one in Freshman Year if they allowed that, but they didn't. So...much...work! One AP class specifically, the other one is not bad at all compared to it. But when combined with all my other classes, well it becomes so much more. I was struggling to juggle with my work at first, which causes sleepless nights, then it causes me to nap for 2-3 hours in the afternoon, and the cycle repeats. But I think I finally caught up starting today. :yes
3) False.
4) True.
5) I used to like a lot of them, but I have accumulated a growing dislike for fast food, starting with McDonalds a pretty long time ago, when I suddenly started to hate their Chicken Nuggets. Today, I would still go to Wendy's and maybe Burger King, but that's about it.

Too easy.

Your turn, StardustSoldier. :)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Well they were good choices, and I was stumped for a bit. I ultimately went with #3 just because I couldn't recall you mentioning having been employed before, and the things you'd told me about your summer and then starting your new semester seemed to indicate to me that there was no job on the side. I had a feeling that, if you did have a job, it would've come up in one of our previous conversations.

Also, I'm happy you found this thread. This is a fantastic idea for a game.

Anyway, here's mine:

1) Since Grade 8, I have worked on my fiction writing at least a little bit for almost every day of my life.
2) Earlier in the year, I was considering writing fanfic novelizations of each of the fourteen LBT films.
3) Eight is my favourite number.
4) Rabbits are my second favourite animal.
5) I have a small but visible scar on my left wrist.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2019, 10:52:21 PM by StardustSoldier »

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Um...through process of elimination, 1) and 2) are the remaining choices for me. Hmm... maybe 5) too, but not likely I think.

Alright, I choose #2?

I would think #1 is true as you want to be a writer anyway so perhaps you were dedicated, and for #2, I don’t think I recall you saying something like that on the forum.

I’m more stumped then you were for my facts, honestly. Two choices that seem so likely, but only one is the correct choice.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
1) Since Grade 8, I have worked on my fiction writing at least a little bit for almost every day of my life.
2) Earlier in the year, I was considering writing fanfic novelizations of each of the fourteen LBT films. True
3) Eight is my favourite number.
4) Rabbits are my second favourite animal.
5) I have a small but visible scar on my left wrist.