The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT roleplay in the style of the original movie!

Ducky123 · 215 · 39709

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"We might be strangers to each other, only travelling together for convenience and mutual protection, but we are stuck in the same rotten log. You can talk to me-"

Samara did not bother listening any longer to the longneck behind her. Couldn't the longneck see that she just wanted the pain to end? She had seen enough of whatever the world wanted to show her. Samara knew that these thoughts were not healthy but she couldn't bring herself to care anymore, she was done with it. With life and everything in it. The stench of vomit made her want to throw up again but she managed to hold it in.

"-for each day I'm struggling too. bad feelings... they are like... like a never-ending abyss dragging you down, and down... and down..."

Samara slightly flinched, she had forgotten that she was not the only one that did not have a happy story the last couple of weeks,  This was not going to deter her however, her plans came up in her mind again, tonight. She was going to end it tonight.

Wondering what she should tell the longneck, who she realized, was looking at her with a slight expression of disgust from the vomit on her body she knew that the longneck would not let her go that easily so she might as well tell the longneck of her plans and apologize as well, apologize for the fact that the longneck would have to continue the journey on her own.

"....Fine, the problem is.. I don't want to continue anymore I-" here she hesitated, would she be able to say it? Would she be able to say that she wanted to end her own life, be so selfish? "-I want to end it. My life, I mean, for weeks my dreams have nothing but nightmares and I just can't continue like this. Wondering every day if this is the last, trying-" the words kept coming out and she could not hold them back anymore, the words she had kept bottled up for so long were finally bursting out. "-to be brave, trying to put a confident front knowing that the journey we are taking will probably end up in our death, I can't take it anymore so please. Please let me continue with this and end it, please!" she was crying, she realized, crying for it all to end. She could not see what the longneck's reaction was, but she hoped that the longneck would just grant her wish...
The universe has a beginning, but no end. —Infinite.
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
It the wise who are the most foolish. History has taught us as much.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.
- Steins;Gate (anime / visual novel)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lizzie had expected many things but what the little flyer was just telling her shocked her for a moment. Lizzie didn't want to admit it - she too had spent a lot of time alone thinking about death and the very point of life in the state that she was living it. Lizzie didn't know why she was still there, pushing on her tired legs. Maybe she lacked the courage to take her life or maybe she was simply too frightened of death? Or perhaps she was just stupid enough to keep believing in impossible hopes? Either way, the longneck could understand the flyer's sentiments and her reasoning but nevertheless it created a foul taste in her mouth for more than one reason.

"I-is that really true?" she said stuttering, looking at the flyer with pity and concern but also empathy and regret. "D-do you really... w-want to kill... yourself?"

Lizzie could see the heartfelt tears glimmering in her eyes which had a strangely empty expression. There was little doubt that she was serious about it and it worried her greatly. Granted, she was being selfish to try changing her mind, however that wasn't her only motivation. She had successfully managed to keep going regardless of her feelings, regardless of her past, regardless of her pain. She was familiar with these emotions and accepted them as normal and unavoidable. Also, she guessed, she didn't want to admit that her existence was without a purpose. Unlikely as it was, she still believed in a better life and killing herself would prevent her from ever having a chance to have a good life after all. If only she could make the flyer see that, maybe she could save a life and keep herself company?
Inactive, probably forever.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"- D-do you really... w-want to kill... yourself?"

Samara breathed in deeply, this was it. This was the point she had been waiting for, once she answers yes then the longneck will leave her alone. She would finally be able to end it all. A small smile grew on her face at that thought, she would finally be able to be at peace!

"Yes. I just don't want to live in this hell anymore. I-" she deeply breathed in again, a slight hiccup being the only indicator that she was in fact, sad. "-just want to be at peace. I've had enough." some tears began to fall from her eyes.

"I've had enough of hoping in something that might not exist."
The stars too have beginnings, but their power accompanies their decline.  —Finite.
The fish of the sea know not the world of the land. Were they to possess wisdom, they too would experience decline.
It is more absurd that humans should surpass the speed of light than it is that fish should start living on the land.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aquarius’ words hit Rinen like a falling sky rock, not having expected to hear those words from him. The threehorn’s eyes flashed open as he thought about what he had just heard while he almost unconsciously looked at the chasm, his heart jumping into his throat immediately. Without further thoughts, he turned at his friend and snapped at him in a harsher voice than he had even aimed for.

“What? If you think I’ll jump out there supported only by those vines just to help you and those fastrunners across, you’ll have a surprise comi…” He said before he heard a loud growl from his round belly which made him cringe immediately. He couldn’t hide just how weak the lack of food had made him. The boy realized in disgust that his legs trembled, trying to fight the utter exhaustion. Inside, Rinen knew that he wouldn’t last long without food and if there was a way for him to get it anytime soon, he would willingly take it. He cleared his throat as he looked at Aquarius’ disappointed expression before he spoke again.

“I mean… it might be worth a shot. We have no better options, anyway.”

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The flyer's confirmation of her plans shook Lizzie quite deeply. She didn't want her to die, she wanted to help her for as much her selfishness as an emotion she couldn't place.

"Flyer, I..." she hesitated. "I think you should think about it more carefully. You mustn't throw away your life, it's so... Think about it..." The longneck sighed. "Right now we're both deeply in shit; we're both alone, without a family, without food or water, without a home, without protection. Each day could be the last and life is but one big harassment. I totally understand you for I feel no different. How many times have I cried, collapsed or even given up on my hopes and dreams, how many times have I been haunted by the terrible thing that happened to me in the past..." Lizzie could go on forever if she wanted to but she had to get her point across.

"Flyer, what if, say, you do as you say and kill yourself. I keep going and find a better place, survive, find friends or a herd? I might make it to adulthood and have a family one day? Rest assured, I don't want this shit life to continue but if I kill myself I'll never be able to tell if I might have made it after all. I think you shouldn't... Shouldn't do it. "

Had she been able to convince the flyer to rethink her decision?

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"Flyer, what if, say, you do as you say and kill yourself. I keep going and find a better place, survive, find friends or a herd? I might make it to adulthood and have a family one day? Rest assured, I don't want this shit life to continue but if I kill myself I'll never be able to tell if I might have made it after all."

Samara knew that the longneck was right. If she ended it here then she would never know if there was indeed a safe haven for everyone out in this wasteland. The longneck probably still had some family or relatives left that she could return to once she reached the safe haven. She had no one anymore as they were all killed when she was fleeing.

"You might still have some relatives left if you arrive at the safe haven. I have no one and no one would want to take me in as well. Why would they? I'm just a flyer." The words about how she was pointless were not said, but were conveyed nonetheless. "I have made up my mind and there's no changing it. I'm sick of living a life where the destination could be a farce."

With that said, Samara turned around to walk back and find a sharp stick to end it with, her eyes holding a strangely determined glint to them.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lizzie's heart sank.

"So she is really serious about it... Is there nothing else I can say to her to change her mind? I... I don't want to be alone again and... I don't want her to end like this..." Lizzie observed the small flyer as she searched the area for something to use as a tool to inflict damage on herself. No matter how long she puzzled about it, the longneck couldn't find any other arguments to sway the flyer's mind. Sadly, her head hanging low, she joined the flyer in her task though the landscape was barren, flat and dusty...

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It was quiet. No sound escaping from the flyer nor the longneck as they searched throughout the barren landscape for a stick that could finish it. The air was heavy with regret and solemn determination as they traveled. No words were needed to convey what they were feeling, words couldn't explain what Samara was feeling either way. She lost track of how long they were searching for feeling like it was barely a minute yet when they stopped it dawned upon them how long they had been searching for; the bright circle was already moving down under the horizon and shadows were beginning to get longer.

Samara was beginning to get angry, why did the world have to torture her like this, why couldn't it simply grant a stick which they could end it with, couldn't the world see that she was tired of living, tired of having to fall and shakingly stand back up? She was tired of running, tired of cowering she just wanted peace, safe somewhere where there was no famine, no danger of being hunted and a place where she could be held lovingly without having them ripped away again. Yet this... this world ripped that all away, demolished everything she held dear and then watched as she suffered and cried.

She grabbed a stick that was laying on the ground and threw it away in anger, watching as it turned to dust halfway through the journey to the ground. She could feel the worried look the longneck was giving her and ignored it, she didn't need the pity the longneck was giving her it would only make her feel worse for attempting to end it. They would not find a sturdy and sharp enough stick if the area didn't change, but she didn't want to wait that long, maybe the Longneck would help her? The longneck should be strong enough to end her, but would she do that to the Longneck? She knew that the longneck was tearing up inside from her decision and did not want to worsen it, but she just wanted to escape once more.

She steeled her heart and prepared herself to say the words without shaking or hesitating. "C-can you perhaps..." she trailed off, still doubting her decision, would she ask the longneck to end her, could she do that to her? She shook her head, she could feel the gaze of the longneck on her and continued, "Can you end me.... please? If we continue on like this, we'll have no stick that's sturdy and sharp enough and I can feel that you're tearing yourself up inside as well, why not get this over with?"

Samara breathed out, there, she had said it and from the look in the Longneck’s eye, she knew that it had her hard. She hid a wince, she knew that it would not be easy for the Longneck to make that choice but she just wanted to get it over with.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lizzie sighed. They had been searching for hours on their morbid quest to find a tool for the female flyer to use, causing a lethal injury that would erase her life forever. No stick, not even a rock could be found in the desolate landscape and it was beginning to emotionally wear her out.

It was evening and she was about to break under the depressive mood that lingered everywhere when the flyer suddenly stopped and piped up with uncertain words.

"Can you end me... please?"

Lizzie felt her tormented heart sink very low in her stomach.

"End... you?" Critically, she scanned the flyer with her sad eyes. There were no signs of doubts, no lingering uncertainties, no regrets. Only a subdued, pleading expression and the physically visible pain of being alive and under mental torture and Lizzie could relate. The flyer sought to be freed from the pain of life and, morbid as it was, after spending these hours with her, fruitlessly helping her in her final quest, Lizzie's former resentments had been wiped from her mind. In the end, all she desired was to help her in spite of her own stubborn resentment of death, her reckless fight against all odds of survival and hope, and in spite of the damage she'd have to take to her already crumbled mental health. The return to her previous lonely life was only the top of the mountain. How could she live with the knowledge of killing somebody, of ending the life of another dinosaur? How could she deal with the guilt? Even if it would happen with the flyer's consent, how could she live on with her blood all over her? Would she have to endure the regrets of the flyer? Wherever dead dinosaurs traveled, she was certain that they could still observe the alive. Maybe one day the flyer would come back to haunt her for killing her? No matter how much she pondered about it, Lizzie couldn't really find an answer.

"How am I supposed to do this anyway? I... don't want her to be in any more pain." What was the best way to end a life? Undoubtedly, it had to be quick and foolproof. The longneck didn't really know much about vital spots, only that the neck was very vulnerable. Maybe she should snap her neck? Her large size also allowed her to use her weight to crush the fragile flyer under her feet. She reckoned, either method was rather safe when it came to killing her, however what method should she use in the end?

"A-are you really sure about this?" she inquired just to make sure that the girl really meant it. "I... I still don't want you to go but... I also want to help you so..." She gulped, a single tear firming in the corner of her eyes. "You can c-count on me. If this is what you desire, I will send you off. Don't really know how but... I will..."

With each word, Lizzie broke down a little more inside. If there was one thing granted it was a subscription to nightmares for a long time to come... And yet she didn't falter.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"You can c-count on me. If this is what you desire, I will send you off. Don't really know how but... I will..."

Samara felt a twisted sense of satisfaction once she heard this. The longneck was willing to grant her wish, despite knowing that she might never sleep normally again? She felt her heart rise, it was finally time, she could finally go and would not have to worry about whether she would live to see another day or whether she could find food to survive.

"C-can you crush my neck? I heard it was the least painful and I want to see the sky one last time before heading off." Samara felt sad, despite the fact that she would finally get peace, she was leaving the longneck alone. She just wanted to be selfish for something only she had control over though. She just hoped that the longneck would be able to live with what she did, eventually.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"C-can you crush my neck? I heard it was the least painful and I want to see the sky one last time before heading off."

Lizzie sighed. The flyer was indeed serious and there was now no going back. As if shouldering the weight of a fully grown tree, she slowly approached the flyer.

"Fine, let's - let's get it over with then..." she said in a shaky voice. Stepping on the flyer's neck should indeed snap it without effort. She only hoped that it'd work.

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"Fine, let's - let's get it over with then..."

Samara felt a smile grow on her face and felt the longnecks foot touch her neck. While she was lying down she thought about all that she had experienced, could her family be proud of what she had accomplished in her short life? Feeling the foot give a bit of pressure on her neck made her realize how fragile her neck actually was, a simple twitch would be enough to end it.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lizzie gently positioned her right front foot on the flyer's neck as she laid down on the dusty ground. What a terrible place to die but they couldn't be picky, she reckoned. Carefully, she tested the endurance of the flyer's neck which was only as thick as the tip of her tail. Already half of her weight would snap it beyond repair but Lizzie would use everything she had to ensure the kill would be clean and free of pain and suffering.

The moment had come at last. Solemnly, Lizzie took a last glance at the flyer who finally wore a content expression, eyes closed, beak forming a weak smile. Come to think of it, wasn't that the first time she'd seen her smile at all? She could hardly call her a friend, she supposed, but she was the closest to a friend she had ever known, a siblings aside. She was about to kill that dinosaur without even knowing a name to remember. It was time to speak her last words.

"Flyer, I shall end your life as you've requested but before I do, may I ask for your name?" the longneck said with solemn formality. "I will remember you even if we've only known each other briefly. My name is Lizzie, I hope you'll be happy wherever you go from here..."

jorrdy12

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
"Flyer, I shall end your life as you've requested but before I do, may I ask for your name? I will remember you even if we've only known each other briefly. My name is Lizzie, I hope you'll be happy wherever you go from here...

Samara knew that she had a content smile on her face and that the longneck could see it. She was surprised, however, that the longne- no Lizzie wanted to know her name, what should it matter, she was a nobody, someone not important. She humored the longneck though,

"I am Samara and... thank you, for helping me with this."

Samara closed her eyes, felt the pressure increase before everything turned dark, darker than anything she had ever seen before and a rush of warmth enveloped her, which felt like wings covering her before she lost all senses and her body ceased to breath with only a single thought running across her mind... Thank you, Lizzie, for being the only friend I had in this life and I hope that you will be able to live with this eventually....

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Aquarius walked behind the group in the direction of the tree and pointed at it. "We can use those vines to swing across. If we tie the vines around Rinen and swing him across then the rest of us can get across" said Aquarius, he sounded eager to try out his idea. "Besides, I think I see a forest over the crack, going over is quicker then going around"

Buko paused for a moment as he considered the swimmer's words.  True, using vines to get across was much more reasonable than trying to jump across... but the vines... was there any guarantee that they would hold their weight?  Especially in the case of the threehorn?

He walked over to the edge of the chasm once more and squinted at the horizon.  Sure enough the swimmer had seen something that Wyog and Buko had not due to them being lost in consternation at their obstacle: the tell-tale green outline of a distant forest.  If they could survive the travel over the chasm then they would be in a much better position.

Much better than dying out here.

Buko allowed himself the slightest hint of a smirk.  "What do you think, Wyoh?  Ready to try one more dangerous plan?"

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Wyoh tried to focus on the light bickering that had sprung up between her companions, but the ache of hunger and fatigue left her feeling drowsy and distracted. Something about using vines to swinging across the gorge, almost certain death, a distant forest on the other side. She sighed. It was hard to work up strong feelings one way or the other, so she thought about it in terms of survival, and it seemed to her that they'd certainly die of hunger or thirst before they could find a section of the chasm narrow enough to cross in any other way.

Wyoh snorted at Buko's remark, smiling in spite of herself. "I guess it's worth a try. How are we going to tie the vines?"

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The longer the threehorn looked into the crack, the sicker he started to feel in his stomach. Even the thought of being swung down there with only those vines preventing him from falling to his death… The threehorn started unconsciously to walk away from the cliff until he suddenly realized what he was doing. No matter how badly he wanted to do so, the boy couldn’t help but realize that his cursed cowardice was again getting the best of him. He had lost so much due to it and he simply didn’t want to show weakness to the fastrunners after everything that had happened. And besides, he was as good as dead from hunger if he ran away from this effort now. Not able to hide his anguish and fear, he suddenly snapped at the fastrunner.

“Why not tie them around my horn while you’re at it? Put the vines behind my forelegs and in front of my hindlegs and make sure you won’t screw it up!” Rinen said, annoyed at such a question. Inside, he hoped the omnivore wouldn’t make a big number of his answer as he had no will to fight right now. He softened his expression slightly in order to calm the situation down and not to give the fastrunners any extra motivation to get rid of him in this easiest of ways.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Several hours later, Lizzie finally collapsed behind a group of boulders, the sounds of bones cracking and the sensation of them giving in under the pressure of her weight lingering with relentless intensity. It was already in the middle of the night when she was finally tired enough to rest and cry herself into a long but uneasy sleep...

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Wyoh had become accustomed to Rinen's harsh tone, and was far too tired to respond with the same kind of anger. She shrugged and walked over to the tree, tugging on a few of the vines to test their stability. They seemed strong enough, but a sense of unease settled in her stomach. The threehorn was a lot heavier than any of them. If this worked they'd have a clear path to the other side, but if it didn't... she couldn't help glancing into the abyss that stretched out before them, the extreme height of the drop making her feel nauseous. She didn't envy Rinen at all.

"I... I guess we should get this over with." She stated, dragging the end of a long vine over to begin the work of tying the harness.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Buko nodded in acquiescence as he grabbed a vine and gave the threehorn a look.  "Good luck."

You are going to need it.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.