The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Better Names

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I'm not sure how dinosaurs would parasail or paraglide but I guess "gliding" or "wind-riding" will do.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Jun 3 2009 on  08:11 PM
I'm not sure how dinosaurs would parasail or paraglide.
A flying dinosaur carring a walking dinosaur.

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Erm. That's not parasailing. That's more like transport by aircraft.

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yeah, I agree.

I don't think any form of "parasailing" would exist in the LBT world. The only thing I could see coming close is if someone as small as Ducky used a large leaf to slow their fall, but that wouldn't really be a sport; it would probably just be for avoiding a heavy fall or something. I don't really see any dinosaur doing anything remotely like parasailing for fun. I think the LBT dinosaurs would generally think that flying/gliding is strictly for the flyers/gliders and wouldn't actively seek a means of mimicking this.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 3 2009 on  10:21 PM
Yeah, I agree.

I don't think any form of "parasailing" would exist in the LBT world. The only thing I could see coming close is if someone as small as Ducky used a large leaf to slow their fall, but that wouldn't really be a sport; it would probably just be for avoiding a heavy fall or something. I don't really see any dinosaur doing anything remotely like parasailing for fun. I think the LBT dinosaurs would generally think that flying/gliding is strictly for the flyers/gliders and wouldn't actively seek a means of mimicking this.
The move was used by the "Flattooth Herd Defenders," for scouting.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Then why not just have a flyer do it on his/her own? I don't really see a need for them to bring along a groundwalker with them. Also, the groundwalker would just weigh them down, forcing them to flap harder and exert more energy. It wouldn't be really efficient for the flyers to scout by carrying a groundwalker with them.

An example would be the 12th movie, when Petrie was holding onto Guido. I imagine Guido wasn't very heavy, since he's a glider and would need to be light enough to stay off the ground. Petrie tired out pretty quickly just trying to hold Guido up.

A flying creature cannot hold something too heavy because it interferes with their flight. They have to remain light in order to get off the ground. The heavier they weigh (or the heavier the object they carry is), the harder they have to work their wings to stay aloft.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Jun 4 2009 on  10:25 PM
Then why not just have a flyer do it on his/her own? I don't really see a need for them to bring along a groundwalker with them. Also, the groundwalker would just weigh them down, forcing them to flap harder and exert more energy. It wouldn't be really efficient for the flyers to scout by carrying a groundwalker with them.

An example would be the 12th movie, when Petrie was holding onto Guido. I imagine Guido wasn't very heavy, since he's a glider and would need to be light enough to stay off the ground. Petrie tired out pretty quickly just trying to hold Guido up.

A flying creature cannot hold something too heavy because it interferes with their flight. They have to remain light in order to get off the ground. The heavier they weigh (or the heavier the object they carry is), the harder they have to work their wings to stay aloft.
The flyer would have to be very strong, or there would have to be strong wind to keep them airborne, I'm I right or I'm I wrong?

P.S. The list has been updated (new items are in bold).

Serris

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Granted a powerful flyer like the one in the 7th LBT movie (the white flyer carrying Spike, Littlefoot and Cera, ~ 1500 lbs+ <assuming that each dinosaur weighs ~500 lbs>) could conceivably carry a small dinosaur like Ruby, Chomper or Hyp.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Serris,Jun 5 2009 on  10:35 AM
Granted a powerful flyer like the one in the 7th LBT movie (the white flyer carrying Spike, Littlefoot and Cera, ~ 1500 lbs+ <assuming that each dinosaur weighs ~500 lbs>) could conceivably carry a small dinosaur like Ruby, Chomper or Hyp.
So..........
  • Could a Pteranodon carry a Montanoceratops
  • Could Pterano carry a Leptoceratops while he's carrying Ali

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
The list has been updated (new items are in bold).

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jun 5 2009 on  11:28 PM
So..........
  • Could a Pteranodon carry a Montanoceratops
  • Could a Pteranodon carry a Montanoceratops? Since the 7th movie showed a pterosaur capable of carrying five adolescent dinosaurs, I see no reason why you couldn't create one capable of carrying an adolescent Montanoceratops. So yes.
  • Could Pterano carry a Leptoceratops while he's carrying Ali? No, I doubt he could even carry Ali, much less a Leptoceratops.

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: DarkHououmon,Apr 22 2009 on  07:22 PM
Hail-Sky Ice (inspired by sky water, replacing water with ice)
Lahar-Smoke Mud (referring to the fact that this type of disaster originates from a "smoking mountain" as the LBT world calls them)
Pyroclastic flow-Fire Smoke (it looks like smoke, but it burns like fire)
What about a: :unsure:

JBJB1029

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Nov 28 2010 on  12:14 AM
Quote from: JBJB1029,Jun 5 2009 on  11:28 PM
So..........

• Could Pterano carry a Leptoceratops while he's carrying Ali? No, I doubt he could even carry Ali, much less a Leptoceratops.

Unless:
A. It wasn't a Leptoceratops, but a Different Dinosaur
B. The wind was in his favor, if you know what I&#39;m talking about?
The wind was in his favor, if you know what I'm talking about?

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
Nevertheless, I stand by the answers my 5-years-younger self gave.