The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

are the land before time dinosaurs really ugly?

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
my sisters said Littlefoot was hideous and cera was ugly Ducky was ugly Petrie was ugly
and spike was ugly and it really bothers me very much :(

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
they also said that everyone else was ugly and again it bothers me because I really like the LBT dinosaurs :(

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Rainbow, why do you care so much what your sisters say? If they want to believe the LBT dinos are ugly, let them. It's just their opinion. If you don't agree with them, you're allowed to. They don't control what you think.

Blais_13

• Spike
    • View Profile
.....It's subjective.Some people think lizards are hideous,while others(me included)think they are good looking.Don't let others tell you what is beautiful,and what isn't.It's something that makes us individuals.For example,if I say the color pink is ugly,you don't have to agree with me.It's not a law,just a personal observation,and you have the right to agree or disagree.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Agreed. As the saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Meaning that what is ugly to some is pretty to others and vice versa. We don't all have the same concept of 'cute'. All a matter of opinion.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The reason I said they were very ugly is not because I really think so, but because I've been becoming slightly annoyed with your constant denouncing of your sisters, Rainbow. Yes, we all know that you and your sisters disagree about your views of LBT, and we have encouraged you to not take their bashing to heart, but this no longer appears to be a constructive discussion on handling disagreements in a polite manner. Instead it appears to be a member venting out her frustrations with somebody else and enjoying the repeated support the forum offers. Well, I for one I'm getting tired of repeating the same thing over and over, and I advise you to learn to agree to disagree and move on from this issue.

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I am sorry I feel really bad now I have this problem of repeating stuff :(

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't personally think they're ugly, but I can understand that because they are drawn in a rather cartoony, very exaggerated way, people may be subjected to think that :p
Just goes to show what they miss out on.

Rainbow: my advice, give it right back to your sisters. They're obviously asking for it^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I know you're sensitive, Rainbow. I'm sorry it had to be this way.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
That is a pity indeed :(
The GOF is not a group where, with all due respect to parents' concern, I would see any legitimate reasons for such prohibitions. I'm sorry to see you leave.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
If I've read your other posts correctly, your sisters hate everything you love

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
Sorry to hear about that, Rainbow. My mum was iffy about me being on deviantart when I first joined it, but I'm sure you'll be able to come back in a few years or so.
In the meantime, good luck to you.  :yes

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
That's sad to hear, Rainbow :( I hope this is not for ever...
You should talk to your mother that we aren't the problem, but your siblings!
Anyway Good Luck!
We'll miss you :cry
Inactive, probably forever.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Not to sound like a creepy old man but how old are you, Rainbow? If you're really young, I can understand why your parents might not feel comfortable with you being on here since I think most of us are in our twenties and thirties(I know there are some people here who are even in their forties). This is a nice place but your parents might just be being cautious for you. Perhaps in a few years we'll see you again hopefully  :D ?

Also, I know how it feels to have people insult something you like. I know I've had that happen to me on more than one occasion, but you shouldn't let your sisters get to you so badly. It might seem impossible right now but after awhile you'll have no problem ignoring their criticisms. And although I don't necessarily think the LBT cast is ugly, I can see why people might think that. The style they're drawn in isn't one that'll appeal to all audiences.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
you should not let your sister dictate what you do on here rainbow. as for leaving, that is ultimately your decision, but you will not find many forums on the web where there  is the stronger sense of community than here. if you have to leave, then i wish you luck on your future endeavors.
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I'm sorry to hear that, Rainbow. :(  

:blink: What??!! they think Petrie's ugly??!!

No way! He's NOT ugly! <_< Your sisters couldn't be more wrong. :blink:
Remember, ;) that's only their personal opinion of Littlefoot and the gang. Don't listen to them.  Littlefoot isn't ugly, and neither is Petrie or the other members of the gang.

In my opinion, Petrie is a funny, silly, lovable, little brown pteranodon who's so small, you could hold or even hug him in the palms of your hands if you wanted to :yes.  He's NOT ugly. <_<  

Don't let your sisters tell you what to do and what not to like, Rainbow. You're entitled to your own opinion. Don't let them get in your way. ;)  You should get back at them and say that Littlefoot and the gang are NOT ugly. You know they aren't. That's only what your sisters think, not you.

Struteggstealer's got a great point, too. Your sisters don't know what they're missing out on. Remember that your sisters opinions of LBT aren't your opinions. ;)

I don't personally think they're ugly, but I can understand that because they are drawn in a rather cartoony, very exaggerated way, people may be subjected to think that
Just goes to show what they miss out on.

Rainbow: my advice, give it right back to your sisters. They're obviously asking for it^^