The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT - War for the Valley

LBTFan13 · 120 · 14131

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
It is another pieceful day in the Great Valley, at least for now. The residents of the lush paradise have no idea that their world is about to change forever. Disaster has struck the Mysterious Beyond, but the Great Valley has remained untouched, until now. It's only a matter of time before the war for the valley begins...

Doc looked up into the bright blue sky as the bright circle rose high. "Morning finally." He had been asleep for only a couple hours. There was something amiss, something he knew was wrong, but he couldn't figure it out. "Guess it will come when it does." He stood up from his sleeping area and decided to venture into the valley.

Meanwhile, Zaine has just started eating his breakfast. "I wonder what kind of day it's going to be today. I just hope it's not boring. I'm ready for an adventure."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown to the inhabitants, Sierra had started flying high up in the sky above the Great Valley. He scanned the general area below and took note of where all the herds were. "So far they still don't know anything yet. Perfect. One more loop around and then I'll go inform the others."

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Elsewhere in the valley Cera was in a mood that contrasted the  tranquility of the day.  Tricia had been collicy lately and it was keeping Cera up all night.  Quietly fuming, she walked to the spot where she usually met her friends in the morning.

Meanwhile Spike was happily munching on his second early morning, pre-breakfast snack while waiting for Ducky to wake up.

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
With the sun shining trough the trees, casting reflections in the morning dew covering the lush lands of the Great Valley, this morning such as many mornings before, Littlefoot woke up with a series of yawns.
Somewhere, a flyer was screaming, breaking the silence of the morning air.
Littlefoot rose. He stretched. He had been sleeping well, a calm night without sleep stories. Now, he was looking forward to another day of fun with his friends.

He turned around. His grandparents had been sleeping next to him.
They were still there, yet not awake. A series of snores were coming from their nostrills.
Littlefoot walked over to the face of them both. Carefully, he poked them with his feet.
"Hey, grandpa, grandma... it's morning! You wanna go find breakfast together with me?" he asked them.
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Meanwhile, outside of the Valley one fastbiter named Claw was looking at the Great Wall, which was now brightly lighted. It took him and his pack a lot Bright Circles to get to this place, but now they were here, finally...

"<So this is the Hidden Valley? It is surely well protected>" he said to himself. Then someone else talked:

"<Hidden? You meant Great, right?>"

Claw looked back and growled to the bluish purple fastrunner, who was standing behind him:

"<I know what I am saying, Ovie. This Valley lies across those mountains and it is hard to get there, so we - sharpteeth - call it Hidden Valley. Got it?>"

"<Ah... Yes. For you it makes perfect sense, but for leafeaters it is the best place they could live in, therefore they have a reason to call it Great Valley>" male fastrunner said.

"<Yes, yes.>" in Claw's voice was obvious impatience, as he interrupted Ovie "<We are not here to talk about names. You said there was a secret tunnel leading inside?>" he asked. At that question fastrunner glanced at Great Wall for a moment and then pointed to the right of it:

"<If I remember well the entrence to it should be somewhere around... there>"

"<If you remember?>" Claw asked with a frown on his mouth.

"<Hey! I havent been to that place for a long time, so I could forget exact location of that tunnel.>" Ovie responded.

"<Lets hope you did not, because if you did then I and my pack would have one less reason to protect you and yours mate from other sharpteeth.>" Claw said sternly. The fastrunner mumbled something under his breath "<It is time to get back to the others>" Claw added, walking towards their temporary resting point...
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail and Cyrix had both waken up with the bright circle, and even now with it still rising in the sky, they were practicing how best to escape a sharptooth attack. Longtail rolled across the ground for a moment and groaned.
"uncle...I'm hungry...and this is getting boring. Can I go paly?" the young flyer asked.

"Not yet nephew. Two more tires please." replied Cyrix with a stern look on his face, as he took another fighting stance.

Longtail groaned once again and stood up. He then swiftly charged at his uncle not wanting to give the older rainbow face a chance to strike back.

Cyrix however was ready and simply tail whipped his nephew backwards and right through a nearby bush. He frowned for a moment before stepping forward to make sure Longtail was alright.

Longtail rolled for several feet and came to a stop only after bumping into something soft. He looked up and was met with the scowling face of Cera.
"Oh...hi. Had a bad day already Cera?" he asked with a shy smile knowing her answer could be to just yell in his face.

~~~~

Grandpa Longneck opened one of his eyes slowly and smiled at this grandson.
"I suppose it is time for us to rise. But...if you could just wait for a few moments Littlefoot I'll be sure to come with you.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://gatewayisland.proboards.com
Shorty looked down at the valley. It didn't seem much time since he and Bron had been to it. Even though not admitting it, it seemed rather refreshing to get to see Littlefoot and his friends again.

The lush paradise seemed much like the perfect spot to be any day...

"Even the worst ones, I guess." He completed his thought, travelling along with Bron.

(OOC: So, I assume Bron' rol was taken, but since he/she hasn't posted, and I didn't know where to start either - if already in the valley or not - so I went ahead and made it like they hadn't still arrived. If there's a problem, though, please tell.)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Grandma longneck yawned and nodded, agreeing with grandpa. "Yes, Littlefoot. That sounds lovely."

~~~

(Your entry sounds fine to me! No need for changes.)
Bron felt a warm glow rise in his chest as he stared out over the valley. The prospect of seeing his son again always put him in a fantastic mood. He was a little worried that their frequent visits might be taking a toll on his herd, but he pushed the thought to the back of his mind. It was simply something that had to be done.
And this time there was a much more pressing reason behind the journey.

"Just a little farther!" Bron called out, leading them forward.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Claw and Ovie were walking through small forest, which was so peaceful now. The only sound you could hear was a rustle of leaves moved by gentle wind, which was pleasently cooling the air warmed already by Bright Circle. It was so much green in here for a place lying outside of Great Wall. There was life here and surely there was even more of it in Hidden Valley and that thought was in some way bitter to Claw. He remembered that from where he came there was nothing now. Nothing but destruction and death. He hadnt lost anybody in disaster that happened in Mysterious Beyond, although he felt it was unjust that some could live happily not knowing that others were suffering a lot at the same time. But then again... So many sharpteeth were heading to the Hidden Valley, thus it will be inevitable for leafeaters to suffer too. In the end that catastrophe will affect everyone...
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
On his stroll, Doc spotted Littlefoot and his grandparents. Finally a familiar face. He smiled a little and walked over to the young longneck. "Hey kid. You still trying to do that tail trick, or do I have to teach you again?" He laughed a little and nodded towards Grandma and Grandpa Longneck.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zaine had finished his breakfast and decided to go look for his friends. I hope Longtail hasn't gotten into trouble already. Cyrix would kill him. Sure enough, he managed to witness Longtail rolling into Cera and he couldn't help but laugh. "Well that certainly is one way to escape sharpteeth. Roll away until you hit something else is pure genius!" He then walked over towards Cyrix. "Good morning Cyrix. I take it this was not part of your exercises?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Sierra continued his flight, he noticed the children down below. "So those little brats are still around?" Then he noticed a bunch more children whom he had never seen before. "How do those twerps keep growing in numbers? Oh well. When we take over the valley I will personally make each one my slave."

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Littlefoot shone up at Doc.
"Hello Doc! ...Not really... but I'll get the hang of it in no time!" he smiled.
"Hey, care to join us for breakfast, Doc?" Littlefoot said hopefully.

----------------------

Over by the Thundering Falls, Ruby and Chomper were sitting at the river bank.
They had been waking up early, of no special reason. Ruby had asked Chomper with her to the falls, and he had gladly followed her.
Now they were sitting there. Chomper was gnawing on some bugs that he'd found on the way from their caves. Ruby was sitting on a rock with her feet in the water, she had a pile of leaves next to her.
"Thanks for taking me along, Ruby!" Chomper said. "I never thought getting up early could be this nice."

"Well, you never know until you try Chomper, and now you've tried!" I like this place in the morning, there are not many others here and the sunrise is beautiful from here." Ruby smiled.

"It sure is!" Chomper replied with a mouthful.

-----------------------

Meanwhile, somewhere underground the valley surface...
A young tinysaurus stood in a light ray from the sun above, drinking water from a small underground stream.
His body was sapphire blue, and his belly in a light grey. The eyes were red and sparkling with life even early in the morning.
As the little dinosaur was busy drinking, he did not notice that he was being watched.
Another of his own kind crawled out of another cave. This one was marine blue, almost green. His name was Skitter.
Skitter had just woke up, and he rose up at his feet and yawned out as he stretched out his body. Then he slowly walked towards the other tinysaurus.
"Hey.. hey Fry! What are you doing up this early?"

The dinosaur named Fry, turned around. A bright smile was drawn over his face.
"Good morning Skitter! I'm just... I couldn't sleep so I decided to get up."  he said.
"I was thinking of heading up to the surface! You wanna come along?"
Fry nodded towards another cave tunnel.

"Yeah, I would! But it's just... we're not allowed..." Skitter began.
"C'mon Skitter! Just for once? We're just heading up a bit earlier than usual. You're not afraid of Big daddy getting a little edgy, are you?" Fry said with a grin.

Skitter hesitated. Still, there wasn't a biggie. It could be worth it.
"Alright, sure. I'm coming with you!"

"Hehe, great!" Fry smiled. "Let's go then!"
Together, they started walk into one of the tunnels.

"Where are we going?" Skitter asked with curiosity.
"I'm going to see if Blueberry's awake already. Fry answered.
"But if I know that fastrunner, I bet my tail that he's snoring like a hatchling right now! he said with an evil grin."

------------------------------------------
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Shorty kept going down the slope that went directly to the base of the mountain ranges, directly to the green prairies.

From up the hills, he had seen what he thought to be Littlefoot and the others, but the way seemed to not make any sense, compared to what he had seen from the top.

Therefore, after having come down, he waited for the rest of the herd.

"Maybe I went a little too fast..." He thought, even though not losing his confident pose towards the greenery.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Cera looked down on the flyer laying at her feet.  "As a matter of fact I have had a bad day already and your not helping!" she screamed at longtail while displaying a scowl that would scare a sharptooth.  The threehorn took a step back than shoved longtail, hard enough to send him skidding, but not hard enough to hurt him.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed a little. "Oh cheer up Cera. You can't blame Longtail for your moody feelings. Besides, you'll wind up like your dad if you don't stop now!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doc was normally kind of a loner type, but ever since he decided to stay in the valley he was growing out of that type. "I'm sure you will some day kid. Well if your folks don't mind the company, then I could stick around a little." He smiled and winked.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Grandma smiled as she slowly got to her feet. "Of course we wouldn't mind, Doc. It's always wonderful to see you." She glanced over at Grandpa, to confirm her assumptions of his opinion on the matter.

~~~

Bron slowed as he approached Shorty, scanning the vast expanse of rock before them.
"... Huh. Must have overshot the pass."
Even as he said this, he caught a glimpse of what he took to be the far edge of the opening out of the corner of his eye.
"Ah! Well, we weren't too far off, anyways. Alright everyone, this way!"
Now sure of their course, and more eager than ever to see Littlefoot, Bron's step quickened.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ali yawned widely. She stood up and sctretched out her neck and tail. She had been sleeping behind her mother's curled up tail. Since her herd had just arrived in the valley a short while ago, none of the herd had got a chance to build a proper nest. Ali had only spoken to Littlefoot for a short time while the adults welcomed her herd back into the Valley for the third time.

She wanted to go and find Littlefoot and company, but her stomach growled loudly. She turned and headed towards her mother's head. She wasn't surprised to find that her mother was already awake.

"Good morning, Ali."

"Good morning," the young longneck chriped back cheerfully.

"Ready for breakfast?"

"You bet."

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Rhette came up to Ali, yawning broadly, he had just woken up.. "mornning ali' He said, yawning again. He really cared for Ali, but she had feelings for Littlefoot.. and that was getting to be a problem..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Grandpa longneck nodded in reply to his mate's comment.
"Yes Doc, please join us, we would greatly enjoy your company this morning."

~~~~

Cyrix chuckled along with Zaine as the young longneck asked his question.
"Well...actually it was part of the exercise, I just wasn't expecting Longtail to roll so far."

Longtail however laughed as Cera budged him away from her.
"Hehe...sorry you are in such a bad mood Cera, but hey...at least we know you're slower to chase someone when angry!" he said aloud as he stood up and tensed his body in case Cera tried to chase after him for that little snappy comment.

~~~~

Ducky had just wken up from sleeping in her nest and could tell her siblings were off either playing or eating. And on that thought her tummy growled at her, and she stood up knowing she would have to eat before going to play.
"I wonder where Spike is...I do, I do?" she asked herself quietly while looking for her brother.

~~~~~

Rinkus was sitting in the Mysterious Beyond waiting to hear from Seirra.
"Where is that flyer...he said it would be a quick little fly over, and it takes this long?!" he shouted to the sky.

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
"Oh, you'll regret that!" Cera muttered as she grew more furious.  The three horn lowered her head and pushed firmly off the ground, begining the chase.

--------------------------------------------------

Spike was finshed with what could be considered his seventh meal of the morning by the time he wandered back to his family's nest.  There found Ducky had just woken up, so he walked over to his adopted sister and gave her a welcoming nudge.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail expecting Cera's reaction turned and bolted into the tree behind him and climbed the closest branch and then jumped off it, while spreading his wings and flying though the air.
"Come on Cera I thought you would be better than this!" he called out as he flapped over her head deliberately and laughed.

~~~~

Ducky giggled as she felt Spike nudge her, and she turned around and hugged him.
"Good to see you Spike, it is, it is!" she exclaimed as she hugged him again.

Explorer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Hey, calm down! Not that fast!" Shorty complained running so he could stand in front of Bron.

After some time running, he could now see an opening. Beyond this opening, he could see a few young dinosaurs running around. A specific, he could identify it, most precisely, her, as a threehorn ran around after a longneck he didn't recognize.

"Hey, isn't that Cera?" He said asif talking to himself.