The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ruby's Age

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No idea if this has been discussed at all before, so I thought I'd throw it out there. I recall one episode about Ruby as a hatchling, but I don't think it really enlightened us as to Ruby's actual age (thought that might be poor memory, which would make this topic completely pointless).
I'm personally torn trying to decide if Ruby is slightly older, or if what seems to me to be a bit of a "big sister" attitude is simply part of her nature regardless of relative ages (which might not have the same meanings seeing as the different species will have different lifespans).
What do others think? Is Ruby older, younger, or the same age as Littlefoot and co.?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
She seems to be a bit older then the gang.  Though maybe not much older then the gang.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Definitely older than Chomper (whatever her being "in charge of" Chomper is based on I consider it very likely that she must be older than him), but not necessarily older than the others. She may well be but she may be of pretty much the same age as Littlefoot and Cera as well. We don't have any absolute certainty, but I guess that whatever difference to Littlefoot's age there may be it is probably not very significant.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I've always thought of Ruby being around the same age as Littlefoot and Cera, probably almost a year older than them. That also means I consider those three the oldest of the gang, followed by Ducky and Petrie, then Spike, then Chomper.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It's kind of hard to figure out Ruby's exact age, but from the looks of her she is about the same as Littlefoot and Cera.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Quote from: The Chronicler,Feb 21 2010 on  07:36 AM
I've always thought of Ruby being around the same age as Littlefoot and Cera, probably almost a year older than them. That also means I consider those three the oldest of the gang, followed by Ducky and Petrie, then Spike, then Chomper.
But Ducky hatched first?

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Yes, that's what was shown, but I consider that scene chronologically incorrect (in other words, it actually happened later than it apparently did). Ducky appears to have hardly grown at all since she hatched, while Littlefoot, Cera, and Ruby have had a lot of time to grow to their current sizes. For them to have that much time, they must be older than Ducky.

You probably might say that Spike's size and age would contradict each other in this case. Yes, that might be true, but when Ducky pulled him out of his egg, he was already bigger than her. Anyway, I'm sure other people have already talked about Spike's rapid early growth, so I'll just ignore it for now.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Dima02

• Petrie
    • View Profile
In the TV episode, the Return to Hanging Rock, Ruby says that she remembers seeing the falling rocks when she was little. Because no one else in the gang remembers seeing it, I believe that Ruby is the probably the oldest of the gang. Also, (compared to the size of his/her parent) Ruby is the biggest. Ruby might be the oldest, but probably only by a year or so.

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
Quote from: Dima02,Mar 24 2010 on  02:04 AM
In the TV episode, the Return to Hanging Rock, Ruby says that she remembers seeing the falling rocks when she was little. Because no one else in the gang remembers seeing it, I believe that Ruby is the probably the oldest of the gang. Also, (compared to the size of his/her parent) Ruby is the biggest.
That seems logical enough, but i'm pretty sure that Ruby was born and lived far away from where Littlefoot and the gang came to the Great Valley. Falling star isn't an eclipse, it can't be seen from anywhere in the world.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There are other possibilities though. She might just be the one with the best memory, others in the gang might remember it too but just not care to point it out, there is a chance that wherever Ruby was at the time there was a clear sky while there was none where the others were at the time or the others may just have been asleep while Ruby happened to be up late.
In any case I don't really think there would be a major age difference of several years or anything along those lines between Ruby and the others.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
She may be a year or a few older then the gang and that may be what allows her to remember certain things like that that the rest of the gang does not.  She may be just a year or a few older.  I'd guess she's not 4 or 6 years older, just 1, or a few at most.

Nightflower

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yeah, a year or two sounds about right.

Is she mentioned anywhere else besides the series? The first episode came around and she and Chomper were already established as living in the cave in the valley. I feel like I haven't gotten all the backstory yet. Since Topsy and Tria's relationship was established in one of the movies I thought maybe I had missed something about how the gang know Ruby.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, you know as much as the rest of us do.  There are some bits of info dropped in a few episodes, a line here and a line there.    No info on how Chomper got accepted by the inhabitants of the Great Valley.   All we get on how Ruby comes to care for Chomper was a line in an episode where she mentions she promised his parents to watch him.

Petria

• Ruby
    • View Profile
uuuuuhhhhhhh... I would assume 12?

ScratteLover2

Quote from: Kor,Apr 5 2010 on  09:09 AM
She may be a year or a few older then the gang and that may be what allows her to remember certain things like that that the rest of the gang does not.  She may be just a year or a few older.  I'd guess she's not 4 or 6 years older, just 1, or a few at most.
Well, if she is four to six years older, then I can guess these are the ages of the gang, in order:

Ruby: 21
Shorty: 20
Cera: 15 1/2
Littlefoot: 15
Ali: 14 1/2
Rhett: 14 2/3
Ducky: 14
Petrie: 13 1/2
Spike: 12
Chomper: 8 1/2

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
bump?

I think she's two-three years younger than Littlefoot, Cera, and Ducky (who are the eldest members)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Personally I'd say she's a bit older but, truth be told, she may be the same age as the other older Gang members. She might know more and have a deeper sense of responsibility but the fast runner upbringing probably differs from the leaf eaters, thus explaining the differences. Still, this question is mostly a matter of opinion as no definite answer can be given.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd also guess she's older. Probably not much but older nonetheless.
Inactive, probably forever.