The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Information from The Land Before Time (Series)

Guest · 16 · 1647

JBJB1029

I need to know which Land Before Time Episodes does Chomper cry in?

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I want this to sound as nice as possible, but why not make one topic with all these questions instead of making seperate topics? It's really unnecessary to constantly make these topics. There's a fine line between making topics that are relevant and making topics just to make them. I know you are curious about these things, but there are better and more organized ways of figuring them out.

I'm just trying to help you get a better feel for the forum, but next time stop and think on whether or not the topic is necessary ;) . These seem to be repeating themselves very often.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
the only one I can remember and I do believe only one source is LBT Movie 2

by the way what LBTfan13 was mentioning is true why not put everything in one forum topic you made or let one of the Admins to fix it.

JBJB1029

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You want us to download a whole video? That would take too long... Can you explain now, without the video?

I'm not sure on answering the questions since I still haven't seen all the series.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I agree with Mumbling. It's not necessary to have us watch a video to try to get us to understand what you mean. Perhaps you could just explain what the video was showing? I don't think everyone here is going to want to, or be able to, download the video.

JBJB1029

The Tyrannosaurus in the Film is supposed to be Chomper's Mother, and the Spinosaurus in the film is supposed to be the same Spinosaurus from the TLBT 12.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
So is this an idea for a fanfic? If you had in mind this being an idea for an episode, I doubt it's going to work. LBT isn't the type of series to kill off characters.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
They killed off Littlefoots Mother  :cry  

but thats probably a whole different matter back then.. :neutral Unless this is the TV series which i have never seen before..

Another scene with Chomper crying is in LBT 5 (When Littlefoot goes to find Chomper, after Cera says "He's a Sharptooth, He doesn't have feelings!")

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The Land Before Time was darker than the sequels or TV series. Perhaps if the sequels and series were more like the original, they would permit it. But recently, LBT has been lightened up to be more kid-friendly, and a character death would likely not be allowed anymore.

babidikrakenguard

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, but killing off the Gang and their relatives does not settle very well for me :cry.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I do not think that death is an ultimate taboo in the land before time movies. While nobody with a talking role has been killed since the first movie a couple of sharpteeth did die.
Considering how they are presented as not so different in LBT 5 it is sometimes a little odd when for example the Gang is cheering while two defenseless sharpteeth are literally executed by being burried alive in LBT 6 (while I guess one can accept an "if they had lived they would by law of nature have killed other leafeaters" justification I really think the cheering in that scene was out of place.
Anyway, death can make a very powerful emotional effect in a story (apart from the original movie the scene in LBT 9 when the gang thinks that Mo died is really well done). Death must be handled with great care and not be used as a mere device of entertainment; but if done well it can work out in a story.
I must admit that I have made my own thoughts on why Chomper would apparently live with Ruby's family in the TV series before going to the Valley. Just how likely is it that (unlike Littlefoot and the others in LBT 5) he just left his parents to live in a world so different from his own unless there was a rather concrete cause? :unsure:

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I do recall some sharpteeth were killed. But I dunno if they'd consider killing any of Chomper's parents.

Although, if I look at the scene realistically (Spino breaking Chomper's mother's neck), I dunno if that would even work. The Spinosaurus didn't possess as strong of a neck and had more delicate jaws than T-Rex, and lacked the same type of bone-crushing, serrated teeth. And T-Rex had a thick, powerful neck. The Spino would likely break some teeth or even its neck if it bit down and tried to twist Chomper's mother's neck.

But then again, LBT isn't known for its accuracy.

Bruton the Iguanodon

To my knowledge, Chomper has never cried in the TV series, only in the films, and it makes a lot of sense. In the TV series, as far as I can tell he is outgoing, optimistic, and cool, whereas in 2 and 5 he was sensitive, uneasy and annoying as hell, and cried a whole lot