The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot Fan 93 Fanart

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
These pictures of the gang are in a military context. they were inspired by a picture I found online of someone painting the My Little Ponies in the same situation.

So lets start with Ruby; The Fast Runner Infantry:

Second: Ducky; The Parade Swimmer:

Third: Cera; The Threehorn Medic:

Forth: Petrie; The Flyer Pilot:

Fifth: Chomper; The Sharptooth Sniper:

Sixth: Spike; The Spiketail Gunner:

And lastly Littlefoot; The Longneck Captain:

So there you have it! This is my first batch of fanart on the GOF and I like any feedback! :DD

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Wow, these are pretty good :DD
Lol and they all live up to their roles, I see.
... Why am I reminded of Team Fortress??
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
what!?! I guess the Gang is bored of adventuring so they try out warfare(probably fighting against the Yellowbellies :DD)

Seriously, that made my day so far  :nyah Their poses are so funny... and their 'jobs' are well-choosen :D

Let's start with Ruby respectively 'The Fast Runner Infantry'(the title alone is quite funny :smile):
She looks great, the lineart is really good and her accesoires and her weapons look ever greater  :wow they're drawn with love to the detail :) Another positive point is you made them pretty colorful and stained.

now Ducky the Parade Swimmer : beware, she'll slice you :lol
Well done! nothing to critizise :nyah Though she's a bit blurry.. but I assume it was on purpose to show how fast she is on her little legs?
The colouring is awesome, I like how you used this more dark green to frame the light green parts : yes Have you used a different coloured pencil for this? Might be something I should try with my fanart :angel
Again the accesoires are very detailed.. the sword is awesome ^^

Now Cera, the Threehorn Medic, she'll bring you in safety, no matter whether alive or dead!
Her face..  :wow she looks pretty good as well ( I see you used these frames for every character)
just a little thing: I'd say her legs are a little bit too thin...

Oh well, Petrie the Flyer Pilot: he'll bring you whereever you want, quick and safe
hehe, I somehow laughed the most seeing Petrie... this thing that I take for a device helping him to breath in big heights looks kinda funny  :smile
He looks good.. nothing more that comes to my mind.

Chomper, the Sharptooth Sniper: He never misses his target(and he has his victims for dinner btw)
oh, vonboy will like that one  :exactly Nothing to critizise, it's AWESOME!!!

next one: Spike, the Spiketail Gunner: hard to get down
Despite his head might be a little bit too big he's awesome, too. I like his expression: chillaxed, cold and angry at the same time :lol
His gun looks nice ^^

And last but not least Littlefoot, the Longneck Captain: LONGNECK RULEZ!!!
I know this face too well.. I see it everytime I'm here  :nyah seriously, I mainly use screenshots, too ;)
It's kinda hard to get the right colour of Littlefoot since it's not a common colour for coloured pencils... I usually use brown because it's easy. His actual colour is a form of purple, but I personally prefer brown. His colour changes from movie to movie, slightly though. On top of that you could confuse him with Ali(especially from the TV Series, where she has exactly that colour you used.
Anyway, except the colouring, which isn't very good imo, I really like him. The lineart here is pretty good.

End of the sermon  :wow
To sum up this I can strongly recomment you to do more fanart. You're talented man!!!  :angel

(I think it would be funny to think of captions of this  :spit though I don't think fanart is allowed there :/)
Inactive, probably forever.

somerandomfangirl

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Resident longneck stan
    • View Profile
These look really good! It was surprising to see the gang in military style, but it's a very interesting concept. :yes
And yes, the gang does seem to live up to their roles here, indeed. :DD

Looking forward to more! :D

"Some things you see with your eyes. Others, you see with your heart." :MomCompassion

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,May 29 2013 on  10:50 AM
I guess the Gang is bored of adventuring so they try out warfare(probably fighting against the Yellowbellies :DD)

Though she's a bit blurry.. but I assume it was on purpose to show how fast she is on her little legs?
The colouring is awesome, I like how you used this more dark green to frame the light green parts : yes Have you used a different coloured pencil for this?

Chomper, the Sharptooth Sniper: He never misses his target(and he has his victims for dinner btw)

It's kinda hard to get the right colour of Littlefoot since it's not a common colour for coloured pencils...

(I think it would be funny to think of captions of this  :spit though I don't think fanart is allowed there :/)
That first comment about those Yellowbellies;  :lol, also you had just given me a few ideas now Ducky123! :DD

Second comment about Ducky's legs; yes they were meant to be blurry because when tiny legs like that move at 116 beats per minute, they are going to blur. Also about the colouring; a section on the character (i.e. Ducky) is to be coloured in a particular colour (i.e. light green). So what I do is around the boarders I colour in pencil hard so that it is the darkest it can get and to eliminate white spots. Then I will colour the rest of the section  with the same pencil but a bit lighter so that  the dark ring around the area stands out. The last step is to get a texta of the same colour and trace around the dark band so that it really stands out. (F.Y.I for that one section; I only use one colour.)

Third about Chomper eating his victims; how else is he going to hide the evidence that a sniper is around the area... :lol

Fourthly; I'd agree; it is very hard to get the right colour for Littlefoot because there is no consistent colour. It constantly changes throughout the 13 movies  and the TV series so that there is no solid colour scheme to work from.

And finally; If I could: I WOULD put these onto the 'Caption This!' forum just to see the responses from the GOF community!

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'd almost forgot: this is a painting of Littlefoot I did for my school's Year 10 Art competition. Can you guess what movie this is from?

I'd won 250 bucks from this and a copy is still hanging from the wall at my old school's art room. (This is actually an honour for me because all of the artwork up on those walls are seen by my old art teacher as the best of the best student artwork in his 30 year career! :DD)

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Second comment about Ducky's legs; yes they were meant to be blurry because when tiny legs like that move at 116 beats per minute, they are going to blur. Also about the colouring; a section on the character (i.e. Ducky) is to be coloured in a particular colour (i.e. light green). So what I do is around the boarders I colour in pencil hard so that it is the darkest it can get and to eliminate white spots. Then I will colour the rest of the section with the same pencil but a bit lighter so that the dark ring around the area stands out. The last step is to get a texta of the same colour and trace around the dark band so that it really stands out. (F.Y.I for that one section; I only use one colour.)
I outta try out to colour the little Swimmer the way you did :D You're doubtless a better artist than me  :smile
And finally; If I could: I WOULD put these onto the 'Caption This!' forum just to see the responses from the GOF community!
cool  :wow  I feel like suggesting to create a subsection for fanart captions :idea if you agree to this I'll do that :)

Cuuuuuute :wub Little Littlefoot thinks his shadow is his Mother so he licks the rocks. I can see why your art teacher likes this beautiful pic :) The background looks awesome and here you coloured Littlefoot right   :exactly

Keep doing fanart :goodluck It's really great!

Dosu2Dinner

• Spike
    • View Profile
It's all great! And highly imaginative... :o

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
I was watching Madagascar and I just got this idea in my head to draw this:

The Gang got into trouble and they are being flown somewhere. The question is: where? :lol

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Man, your humour is great :lol :lol Just laughed my ass off, thanks :DD

Great job, those boxes look pretty real :yes

May I suggest you to put your artwork into the 'fanart caption this' section(yes, it was created thanks to me :angel)? I think it would make your great work more popular plus your pictures can be captioned very well because you can interprete a lot out of them ;) so you would get quite a few captions, at least one you'd get from me :D

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan 93,Jun 15 2013 on  11:20 AM
I was watching Madagascar and I just got this idea in my head to draw this:

The Gang got into trouble and they are being flown somewhere. The question is: where? :lol
Answer: Madagascar Island! :DD  :lol  :p  :smile
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
MADAGSCAR!! My latest obsession! hah! That is an awesome idea, there... Madagascar with dinosaurs, I wonder what would ensue.
I also like the above Littlefoot drawing there. It's beauifully done, and well worth the 250 bucks you earned for it^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
That's some nice rich coloring on those first pictures. It is pretty hard to do that with colored pencils.
I would have never thought of those scenarios.  :lol:

I'd almost forgot: this is a painting of Littlefoot I did for my school's Year 10 Art competition. Can you guess what movie this is from?

Oh oh, it's from the first movie, right? What did I win?  :DD
I am curious though; what did you use to paint it with? It kinda looks to me like tempera paint.

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Now this is one that any science fiction lovers would instantly recognize:

Ruby has some unanswered questions about the rest of the Gang's past; so she is going to find the answers for herself.  :lol

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Here is something for our science fiction lovers out there:

Ruby has some unanswered questions about the rest of the Gang; so she is going to find the answers for herself.  :lol

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
Sorry for the faulty post.  :oops They seem to happen to me a fair bit.  :unsure:

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
I just wanted to ask: does anyone perfer me to draw with backgrounds or not?

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Littlefoot Fan 93,Jun 22 2013 on  05:50 PM
I just wanted to ask: does anyone perfer me to draw with backgrounds or not?
Yes.
I like to watch Dino Squad, Street Sharks, Sabrina's Secret Life, Extreme Dinosaurs, Sonic Underground, Transformers Prime, Power Rangers, Yugioh, Phineas and Ferb, Digimon, Cardfight Vanguard, Land Before Time (14 Films and TV Series) and I like to play Zuma Deluxe

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes.
yes what?!?

Well, it depends on what you want to draw, Littlefoot Fan 93. While I think the drawings of the Gang as... uhm... soldiers are fine without a background( though a background would have been cool here :smile) I think the drawing of Littlefoot licking the rock wouldn't be as good as it is without the background. The background is what makes it so awesome ;)
Besides in some cases a drawing wouldn't make sence without an background( e.g. the Madagascar one)

To sum up this: Generally I'd suggest you to make a background. In some cases you might have no idea how to make it look like though(I always have this problem :P:)

Path Light

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Quote from: Ducky123,Jun 22 2013 on  08:39 PM
Yes.
yes what?!?

Well, it depends on what you want to draw, Littlefoot Fan 93. While I think the drawings of the Gang as... uhm... soldiers are fine without a background( though a background would have been cool here :smile) I think the drawing of Littlefoot licking the rock wouldn't be as good as it is without the background. The background is what makes it so awesome ;)
Besides in some cases a drawing wouldn't make sence without an background( e.g. the Madagascar one)

To sum up this: Generally I'd suggest you to make a background. In some cases you might have no idea how to make it look like though(I always have this problem :P:)
Yes, I like to see Littlefoot Fan 93 drawing backgrounds.