The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Gang's Approval Gallery

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
I was talking to Malte279 today, and he had a great idea what I could do with one of my fanart series. I really liked that idea, but I also thought, why should only I do that when everyone would be able to. :D

[align=center]Gang's Approval Gallery

Link to the Gallery on deviantart
[/align]

So, what is this all about? Well, as you may or may not know, I recently completed the Gang Of Five patch series (I'll link these pictures below) and they all say Spike Approved, Littlefoot Approved and so on.

Malte279's idea was that, if you see something that one of the Gang would approve, you take a photo of that something and then edit the patch including the fitting Gang member on that photo, then upload that photo somewhere and show it in this topic.

For example, a bush of berries would get a Spike Approval, a star shaped leaf would get a Littlefoot Approval, a swimming pool the one of Ducky and so on.

It can literally be anything if you think that it fits. ;)

I also would create a folder for this on my deviantart page where I would collect those pictures for everyone to see - if you give me permission to do so, please let me know if you want that when you make a picture like that.
I would of course also link to your account here or anything you want in the description when I upload it on my page.

One more thing: Right now it is only the Gang + Ali, but more characters will probably be done in the future. I will of course mention it if another patch was made.

Now, let's finally get to the patches:

And of course I have a folder for them on deviantart as well, which you can check out so see if a new one has been made: Link.

One last thing. If you have the possibility to do that where you upload your photos, it would be nice if you mention my DA account too, which is that one: Deviantart Page

I guess that's all there is to say here, soo..grab your cameras and take some pictures. If you want, that is. :)

If enough people participate, this could be an interesting project, I think. Let's see how far this idea will get. :)

Oh, and, I will participate in that, too. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
A few random contributsions from me ;)

Taken during my last visit to a zoo in Dortmund...

...respectively in a park in Dublin:

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Just finished a new design, and it was useful right away. :D
Even though it isn't a photo actually. xD

I also announced this idea on deviantart today, so maybe someone from there will participate, too. We'll see, I guess. ;)

ps: posting this photo looks funny when you hit "preview post". GoF Forum x2. :lol

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
The picture isn't showing up for me.  :unsure:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think this could be a very fun thing for the members here to do.    :yes  :exactly

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
None of Malte's pictures are showing up for me but, aside for that, fantastic idea! I'm looking forward to see how it evolves C:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Wonder if it's the settings or something else on your browser, since I'm seeing Malte's pictures just fine.  or one of those mysterious internet oddities that pop up at times.

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
Quote from: Kor,Mar 8 2015 on  06:31 PM
Wonder if it's the settings or something else on your browser, since I'm seeing Malte's pictures just fine.  or one of those mysterious internet oddities that pop up at times.
I'd love to know, I'm seeing every other picture just fine.

It is not a big deal, though C:

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
Hm...I also don't know why some of you can't see the photos. But I put a link in the first post that leads directly to the gallery on deviantart. Even if you can't see the photos here, that one should work. ;)

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile

I couldn't help myself, this had to be done. :lol

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Is there a Guido approval badge?

P.S., Chomper loves them butterflies.  

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
You know something else I think would make a good Chomper approval is a nice fat juicy blood rare steak. As he's a meat eater. Mind you on the other hand that might be more suiting for Sharptooth, Redclaw or Thud and Screech. As Chomper on eats bugs.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Here are four that I thought might be suitable.  They all involve royalty-free images, except for Pterano's which uses a copyrighted image that should be covered under the fair use doctrine.  I also have a few ideas ready for Ruby and Tria if approval stickers get made for them.

By the way, RockingScorpion, I would love to give you and your project an acknowledgement on my DeviantArt account to go along with these pictures, but I was unsure if it would be okay for me to post these to DeviantArt under my account (after all, they are using your approval stickers).  If that is okay, then please let me know.  If not then I can simply keep them in my Photobucket account and you can post them to your own DeviantArt account.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
L&AT: No, there isn't.
Dalekdino: Yeah, that one would fit more to Redclaw and other sharpteeth like him.

rhombus: Nice pictures. :D

Yeah, go ahead and upload them on deviantart. Link to my profile and everything's fine. ;)
Gotta add that to the start post as well...I'm not surprised I forgot something. :D

Oh, and, even if it's fair use, I don't feel comfortable uploading the last one to DA. Just so you're not surprised why it won't show up. ;)