The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

WORST LBT Song Ever!

SkyColor-TreeSweets

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I guess I'll go with Chanson D'Ennui. I'm sorry but adding a song about being bored is not a good idea for a movie, which is suppose to entertain. (Would be better if the song about boredom was not so boring in itself)

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
There is not any LBT song I really hate.

Phantom

• Spike
    • View Profile
I kind of like 'Who Needs You?".

I hate 'Say So'.

LittlefootAndAliTogether

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Probably "Eggs".  Think it might be the tune, but I'm not very fond of it.

On the flip side, "Eggs" does establish the difference between Ozzy and Strut as much as "Who Needs You" quite underscores why Dil and Ichy don't get along so well and also serves a useful purpose.  However, perhaps the tunes are annoying.

I love the tune of "Friends for Dinner" though I admit, the mental pictures it gives are, er, disturbing.  i.e.

Cera
You won't think it's funny,
When he chews on you.

Cera
He'll munch and he'll crunch
Those little duck feet.

Petrie
If he just eats Spike,
Wouldn't that be enough?

(That one actually was pretty funny.     :lol  )

Ducky
He would spit out Cera,
'Cause she's too tough!

Cera
Spoken:Hey!

(That was even funnier!    :lol  :lol  :lol  )

Ducky
We'd rather sink in the mud,

Petrie
Fall out of the tree,

Cera
Roll like a rock
Right into the sea.

(Are they saying they'd rather kill themselves than be eaten????    :blink:  :blink: )

Cera
He'll gnaw your arm
And he'll nibble your leg

Petrie
He'll bite off your beak

Ducky
That would hurt

Chomper: I wonder if this tastes good.  (Puts green food in his mouth and eats it or tries to)

All of them: Yuck!

(Hilarious!    :lol  )

On the flip side, Littefoot is really showing his loyalty to Chomper despite the doubts of the others, particularly Cera.  (Who, soon, will show her doubts outloud to everyone, including Chomper.  It is quite obvious from this song that she really distrusts Chomper the most of all of them.)

Littlefoot
He just wants to have
Friends for dinner.

Littlefoot
That's not a very nice thing to do

Littlefoot
He can't eat vegetables,
Only meat.

Littlefoot
But we've known Chomper
Since he was an egg

All in all, still loved the song.  Liked it too in the "Brave Longneck Scheme" (which, thankfully, other than the "I wonder if Rhett tastes good.  (Not that I'd mind if he ate Rhett.  :smile ) , was much less graphic word imagery wise)  

Also, I am not a fan of "Lone Dinosaur" either, or indeed most of that entire movie.   However, there were the lines, that went something like:

Cera:  We'd better be back.  You don't want to see Grandpa Threehorn mad.  He can be as a mad as a......
Dana and Dinah: (Spotting a Sharptooth) Sharptooth!
Cera: I don't know about that.   Well.....maybe.

That was hilarious!  

I really don't dislike too many LBT songs.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
Here is a list of LBT songs I dislike

LBT2. You're One Of Us Now and Peaceful Valley

LBT4. It Takes All Sorts and Grandma's Lullaby

LBT6. On Your Own and Lone Dinosaur

LBT8. The Mad Song

LBT9. Imaginary Friends

LBT10. Me and My Dad

LBT11. Creepy Crawlies

LBT12. One of a Kind and Flip, Flap and Fly

LBT13. Say So and Yellow Belly Bounce

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
The only two I quite like that you dislike would be "It Takes All Sorts" and "On Your Own".
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Jun 25 2017 on  10:10 PM
Here is a list of LBT songs I dislike

LBT2. You're One Of Us Now and Peaceful Valley

LBT4. It Takes All Sorts and Grandma's Lullaby

LBT6. On Your Own and Lone Dinosaur

LBT8. The Mad Song

LBT9. Imaginary Friends

LBT10. Me and My Dad

LBT11. Creepy Crawlies

LBT12. One of a Kind and Flip, Flap and Fly

LBT13. Say So and Yellow Belly Bounce
why do you dislike so many of many of them? I would like to hear reasons. :)
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Geez that's a lot of hate you have for those songs. I'm with Snik tell us why you hate them.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
As for my opinion of Me and My Dad, Littlefoot's voice sounded off-key. It also seemed out of place for me.

While It Takes All Sorts has a positive message, I wasn't too keen on Ali's singing voice; if they had chosen someone else to do her singing voice, it might have been a song I would like more. Same with Grandma's Lullaby; although, Linda Gary's voice wasn't too bad, I still think that hiring an actual singer to do Grandma's singing voice would have put this song higher in a list of great LBT sequel songs.

Creepy Crawlies was okay; but, other than Topsy and Grandpa Longneck and maybe even Ducky and Petrie's mothers; the other adults' singing voices were barely tolerable. I still like it better than the second reprise that plays during the end credits (Stoopid Stompers).

When it comes to You're One of Us Now, I used to like it as a kid; maybe I listened to it too many times and I just got sick of it. Same thing goes for Peaceful Valley.

As for the song Imaginary Friends, I found Petrie's voice to be off-key; but, still more tolerable than the majority of the adults singing Creepy Crawlies. I used to like this song when the movie first came out; but, the song got annoying after a while since Journey to Big Water was the second most watched sequel I had besides The Mysterious Island.

While I like Aria Curzon and Anndi McAfee's singing voices, The Mad Song used to be one of my favorites, but, after listening to it quite a lot, it got annoying; but, I always thought that beginning line didn't sound right; and doesn't sound like something Cera would say; I don't think tummy is a word she would use in her regular vocabulary; it sounds more like what Ducky or Petrie might say; I never liked that word either; I always thought it was kind of childish.

Lone Dinosaur was okay I guess; but, as much as I like country music, it just didn't quite fit in with the LBT universe. I feel now that as an adult, On Your Own is a song that tried to drag the movie out a little longer.

The Yellow Belly Bounce song is basically the same reason as On Your Own; it drags the plot on longer; I personally thought that the song was pointless; I feel the same way about Say So.

While One of a Kind is the better of the two songs I dislike from LBT12; and like with Imaginary Friends, I found Petrie's voice to be a bit off-key; although, I still like it better than Flip, Flap and Fly; speaking of which, I thought those flyer judges didn't have very good voices; for this song, Tress MacNeille had the best singing voice even during her voice role as Petrie's mom. I also found the lyrics to be repetitive.

Those are my reasons for why I dislike those songs.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
For me the worst LBT song is "Better Off Alone," from Journey of the Brave. The reason is that it is so out of character. Little Foot wants to abandon his friends, when in LBT II and many other instances he makes the point of always coming to their rescue or staying together? The only positive is that it separates the Gang long enough for Cesar Petrie and Little Foot to meet Etta. The only defense of this song could be LBTIV where Ali leads Little Foot away from his friends, but this is not same as Little Foot leaving his friends of his own volition. Granted Little Foot did leave because he wants to save Bron, but still its so out of character.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Gentle Sharptooth,Jun 26 2017 on  05:51 AM
The reason is that it is so out of character.
don't forget, almost the same song was in LBT6, when he went alone and wanted to be lone dinosaur.
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah yeah true you're right about that he did do that

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't think the song's too out of character. We all have worse days and one of the film's main points was the divide forming in the Gang because of Littlefoot's hurry to find Bron. I found the song and the whole sequence a nice way to remind that the Gang is far from perfect.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't like the song creepy crawlies at all it sounds horrible and awful

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Why?
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
But Why? That is my question.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I just thought the Beats where awful the lyrics where terrible and so on

Littlefoot505

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
There is not a single LBT song that I don't like. *grabs popcorn and waits for everyone to start hating on me*

Now I will say that there are some that I like more than others, and accordingly, some that I like less. A few of the ones I like less include Oops Eeps, Say So, Better Off Alone, Me And My Dad, and Stupid Stompers (I think Creepy Crawlies is much better).

The Legend Of The Lone Dinosaur is actually one of my favorites, and it always has been! I even used it as my ringtone for while. I don't get why everyone hates it. It's such a fun song. I'm the only one in the fandom who likes it, though, aren't I? :(petrie

I know that many LBT songs aren't of the same caliber as If We Hold On Together, Always There, or No One Has To Be Alone, but some of them are just plain fun songs. Honestly, the same kinda goes for me with non-LBT music: I like all the beloved classics like Man In The Mirror, Stairway To Heaven, Piano Man, etc, and then there are others I like that are of lower caliber but are just fun songs or ones I just like for some weird reason, such as Don't Trust Me, Like A G6, Party Rock Anthem, etc.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't remember if I already commented here or not. if I already did sorry for repeating myself :p

My opinion is pretty much in accordance to Littlefoot's take on this. While there are obviously songs I like more than others, there's none that I remember (my tv-series memory is a bit vague) that I'd outright skip for not liking them. I know some songs from the series were kinda... meh :p But they weren't outright terrible so I don't hate them or anything...

Also, apologies for saying this but... I kinda like Oops-Eeps  :lol
Inactive, probably forever.